IGNORED

Does man now legislate sin by the laws they Pass??

Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

One doesnt need to be obese to be a glutton. Anyone pigging out on a holiday is also a glutton. Anyone having that last piece of pie, oh just because, can be a glutton.

But back to the topic. So marijuana is a sin, even if its legalized, but somehow alcohol gets a pass. Whats the difference? Alcohol is damaging, and gets one drunk same as marijuana gets one stoned and causes harm. 

Cbd oil contains less than 0.3% of thc, if even that much (some have 0%) Thc is what gives one a high. Cbd does not. Do you consider cbd oil a sin? Why or why not?

Abuse of alcohol is responsible for more misery on this planet than anything than anything else that I can think of.Innocent people killed by drunken drivers, wives beaten by drunken husbands,children  beaten, rapings......the list is endless.Marijuana is far from harmless, but every stoner I ever met just wanted to sit on the couch,watch TV and eat Cheetos ....

I personally knew a guy who never drank, except for one time.The bars had closed, he went to an all night restaurant and some guy there “ rubbed him the wrong way”.The drunk guy grabbed a bottle of Heinz Ketchup and hit him on the head. The guy was dead instantly.So ya got one man killed for no reason and another guy sent to rot in jail for the rest of his life.All because one man drank too much.One time.Not to endorse getting high for any reason , but I can’t see a stoner doing this .I was going to make a point here, but I forgot what it was.....all you weed smokers out there will understand.....lol....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Shakes head trying to figure out how drinking coffee is a sin. Mormons think its a sin. Never could figure that out.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Shakes head trying to figure out how drinking coffee is a sin. Mormons think its a sin. Never could figure that out.

Actually, the thing with Mormons (orginally, did not make sense then either) was not against Caffeine etc. it was against drinking hot beverages. Of course, just like the Pharisees used to take the law and add to it, making it even harder to keep, latter Momons did the same with hot drink prohibition.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

All these laws. Seems that it is a conscience thing gone awry.

At one time you could choose an opium den, or similar. One did not do that from personal choice.

Now if the 'law' says it is OK, people check in their brains and do it because the law allows.

What ever happened to personal integrity?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

All these laws. Seems that it is a conscience thing gone awry.

At one time you could choose an opium den, or similar. One did not do that from personal choice.

Now if the 'law' says it is OK, people check in their brains and do it because the law allows.

What ever happened to personal integrity?

....and personal responsibility and morality, and a tender heart towards God's Holy Word?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I do agree that we are in the last days & the world is getting worse,  it's sad to think what is going on in our country & even in the church :(  prayer & discernment are needed & also a revivial in America is needed too

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

21 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

I can't believe  whats left of the church is letting through their doors and accepting as Godly, and just turning their backs. Never thought I'd see this day.

I don't worry so much about who comes into the church, but when the church teaches that sin is not sin, then I have a big problem.