Noël

A Happy Celebration

Posted (edited)

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Edited by IloveyouGod.
I did not think through my post well enough.
  • Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Noël said:

Do you know anyone that you had to say goodbye to and you know you'll see them again in heaven? 

I  lost my  bride in January 2013, and my father in July 2017.   Both  are home and knowing that  is a comfort that makes this temporary separation a matter of "sweet sadness" instead of despair.  I take no end of comfort from that knowledge.  And being restored to their presence and fellowship is one of many  "joys set before us" that strengthens through the present trials and makes whatever suffering obedience and submission to His will and plan requires, MUCH more bearable....home is where the heart  is...and  the  heart is where  our treasure  is.   My  home is no longer here but I am in no hurry as long as being here means being able to participate with Him in His desire that none should be lost, and used by Him to get ALL of His inheritance He died to have, home to be with Him also...forever.

And I'm looking forward to  meeting Josiah now too :) 

Big hugs sis.....we got some wonderful times ahead.  Can't wait for you to meet Carolyn and my dad too :)  

Edited by Jostler
  • This is Worthy 3
  • Loved it! 1

4 hours ago, Noël said:

When I was 5 years old when it was summer of 2009, my brother Josiah was 14 and he had been having headaches and nausea for 2 months. The doctors said he had a brain tumor that would just get worse and couldn't be removed. That was a very sad time for us and all Josiah wanted to do was see the ocean. So mom, dad, Josiah and me packed up our things and we went to Oregon to the coastline and set up a camp near to the ocean on the sand. We camped there for a little over a month and that was the best time of our lives, the most fun we ever had as a family, all of us together in peace. We walked on the sand every day for miles and miles and Josiah's headaches went away. He turned 15 years old while we were there.

I remember looking up at the stars at night and Josiah would tell us how God created the stars. He was the only Christian in our family at that time. He would talk about how God loved us. We didn't really understand. But that month was the best, best, best month ever and we all felt so healthy and alive just because we were with Josiah. The days started to get colder and Josiah was getting weak, so we went back home and he went to live with Jesus 16 days later. Tomorrow would have been his 25th birthday. This is the first year I realized he's not gone but he's with Jesus. I'm so thankful that when this life here is over I'll be able to see him again. I always thought he was gone forever but now that I know the Lord I understand he's not lost at all. 

My brother in August 2009 on his birthday:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ogopegZtUs8zZRZEzo7ahh-SYzy9irWp

Do you know anyone that you had to say goodbye to and you know you'll see them again in heaven? 

I am sorry for your loss. It is comforting to know a loved one is with Jesus. I have loss my mom, dad and two brothers. I am pretty sure I will see one of my brothers in heaven but I am not 100% sure about the rest of them. 

• Loved it! 2

I am so sorry for your loss, and I am very sorry for not thinking about what it is like to lose a family member.

I am very sorry if I may have hurt you.

God bless.

• Loved it! 1

@Noël :th_wave:Hi. I have been enjoying your posts so much! You have a wonderful sense of humor.

And this sweet post is the one that especially spoke to my heart. Thanks for sharing your personal story about Josiah with us. I was really touched by it.

It's sort of ironic (but not really, because Jesus is like that :emot-heartbeat:) that I came across it this morning, when feeling a bit melancholy...thinking about the shortness of this life in the light of eternity. Missing my mom who left this earth recently (on February 27th.)

13 hours ago, Noël said:

Yes...my grandma (1983), my grandpa (2003), my dad (2010) and my mom (this February.) I miss them all.

My mom's passing is still quite fresh, so it is the hardest. Also, we were SUPER close. She was my mentor and my best friend... I think you and your dad sound this way, so I bet you understand what I mean.

I am grateful they are all in Heaven and I will one day reunite with them. 

Thanks again for this moving post and the :)pic of your brother. I know it must have been hard on you to lose a brother at such a young age. I love how you took something sad and turned it into a tribute to your brother and the Lord (bringing Him glory.) God bless you.:emot-hug:

• Loved it! 3
  • Praise God! 1

13 hours ago, IloveyouGod. said:

I had to say good by to my most beloved standard poodle who died last year, and am hoping to possibly see her again in heaven. 

So sorry to hear that Renee.  I definitely empathize with you as I also lost my wonderful Golden Retriever, Duke, back in 2015.  I dearly miss him and I hope Jesus will reunite me with him in Heaven.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

14 hours ago, Noël said:

Thank you @Noël for your inspiring post.  I would imagine it warms your heart to know you will see Josiah again for eternity.

The passing of my dear grandmother in 2015 is what eventually lead me to becoming a believer in Jesus being our Savior in early 2017.  Before that I was devastated that I would never see my grandmother ever again, as she was such a beautiful person here on Earth.  I started reading about heaven and started praying, etc.... and you can imagine the rest.

Thank you again.

• Loved it! 2

19 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

Yes...my grandma (1983), my grandpa (2003), my dad (2010) and my mom (this February.) I miss them all.

Sorry for the losses you've been through.  :emot-crying:

• Loved it! 2

16 minutes ago, mlbrokish said:

The passing of my dear grandmother in 2015 is what eventually lead me to becoming a believer in Jesus being our Savior in early 2017.  Before that I was devastated that I would never see my grandmother ever again, as she was such a beautiful person here on Earth.  I started reading about heaven and started praying, etc.... and you can imagine the rest.

@mlbrokish :amen:Praise the Lord for Christian grandmothers! Thanks for sharing this with us. Have you ever posted it in the Testimonies forum? I would be interested in hearing more.:)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2