Noël

A Happy Celebration

28 minutes ago, mlbrokish said:

Thank you @Noël for your inspiring post.  I would imagine it warms your heart to know you will see Josiah again for eternity.

The passing of my dear grandmother in 2015 is what eventually lead me to becoming a believer in Jesus being our Savior in early 2017.  Before that I was devastated that I would never see my grandmother ever again, as she was such a beautiful person here on Earth.  I started reading about heaven and started praying, etc.... and you can imagine the rest.

Thank you again.

That is a wonderful testimony.

Although I was already a believer before my mom went to Heaven last October, but her passing super charged my relationship with Jesus and I know Him now like I've never known Him before. He has made Himself real to me, like He says He does in the Bible.

@Noël thank you so much for sharing your wonderful story. We will all be reunited again with fellow believers of Jesus in Heaven.

Becky.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Thank you everyone for all these awesome testimonies! I wanted to put hearts next to all your posts in this topic but I get a message saying I've used them all up for today :rolleyes: but I can still make pictures thankfully so here is a heart ♥!! 

There's something that happens when we lose a loved one, even a pet. We try and live on the memories but that's not enough. We know there's a heaven and we believe they're in heaven. So we try and get closer to the God who is with that loved one. When my brother would tell me about God I didn't understand. But when my brother died and all I had left were his words, I thought about all his words and his beliefs and I curled up inside his heart and mind in my own heart and mind. And then I felt from God what my brother must have felt from God. I felt God's love. I went and found Josiah's Bible and I didn't know how to read very well but I started to read it in the book of John, and I felt like I was reading it from earth while Josiah was reading it from heaven. I felt like Josiah was sitting on Jesus' lap on one side and me on the other, and Jesus was reading to us. 

My mom reacted differently. She was angry with God for taking away her child. She thought that if Josiah belonged to God, then God shouldn't have let him die from a terrible disease. I think she was just starting to believe there might be a God, and then Josiah died, and mom decided there is no God. That's just her way of trying to hurt God because she knows He's real. But she didn't want me to read the Bible so I read it quietly on my own since age 6, and then the first time someone (my dad) asked me if I wanted to receive Christ in my heart, I prayed to receive Him. 

When my brother died it did a lot of bad things in my family that start out bad but grow into good things. I didn't see my dad for lots of years but when I saw him again when I was 14,he was brand new and full of joy and full of the same Spirit just like Josiah was. God had taken all my dad's pain and made my dad new in Christ. Dad invited me to come to his church and I received Christ and I understood finally what it's like when believers are all together. 

But I think God sometimes takes loved ones away so that the ones who stay behind will get to know God better. Sometimes we rely on a loved one so much that we don't even long for God. With my dad and brother in my life I didn't have to rely on God at all. What I'm learning now that I'm back with my dad is a good balance of needing God but also needing an earthly dad. The way for that to happen is dad and I pray together and worship God together and study His word together. 

But our saved loved ones are still right inside God and we're also right inside God. 

Even animals, they are energy. God takes energy from Himself and creates an animal. The animal's body dies, but the energy goes right back to God.

• Loved it! 2

What a wonderful testimony  and yes God knows how much it hurts but it is sooo much better when we know that we will get to see each other again one day . Losing a parent hurts but is natural losing a child or a sibling just doesn't feel right ( yes I have lost 3 babies that didn't stay here but went home earlier than I would have liked and my son at age 22 along with a sister I know I will see them all again so I can rejoice that they have served our Lord and completed the tasks on earth early and are now safe in our Lords loving hands .    Hold onto that love and know how much your dad loves you too :emot-highfive:

• Loved it! 2

22 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@mlbrokish :amen:Praise the Lord for Christian grandmothers! Thanks for sharing this with us. Have you ever posted it in the Testimonies forum? I would be interested in hearing more.:)

I may do that later today when I have more time.  I know I've read much more interesting testimonies, but I'll perhaps write something.

Thanks, @turtletwo, you're a dear. :)