• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  33

Jesus is Lord.

He is the only way to the Father, and the only way to eternal life is through Jesus.

Jesus is everything.

You know when you are saved because He sends His Holy Spirit to come and live in your heart.

Even Satan believes the Father and Jesus exists.

Just believing He exists is not enough.

We must repent of our sins, acknowledge that Jesus is our Lord and Saviour and ask Him into our life.

He then makes His Home with us through His Holy Spirit in our hearts. And then we belong to Him, and we are saved.

God bless.

Becky.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 8/14/2019 at 1:52 AM, nobleseed said:

i have a friend who i was challenging about God but he says he does not know, but he told me every night he says God is in heaven and all is well and in the morning God is on earth (cant remember the rest of  it).  but the fact he does this shows to me he has some faith but his mind is not convinced.  is this what paul says in romans about those doing according to law but not knowing the law.  is it possible for someone to have faith and not know it.

People of faith ,  the purest heart,  do not think of themselves.   Their hearts and their minds are on Christ, at rest in Him, kept in perfect peace.

They don't even bother trying to define faith like the pagan world does.  

They simply follow Jesus wherever He leads,  listening to His Voice,  the Voice of the Perfect Shepherd Who laid down His Life for the sheep.

If the 'mind' objects,   they don't listen....  (the enemy hasatan often gets to people , daily, through their minds. (yes, even believers) )

Or, as recently happened in a severe case here,   the enemy gets to people through their emotions,  ignoring the truth,  focusing on the feelings which are wrong to start with.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

On 8/14/2019 at 10:52 AM, nobleseed said:

i have a friend who i was challenging about God but he says he does not know, but he told me every night he says God is in heaven and all is well and in the morning God is on earth (cant remember the rest of  it).  but the fact he does this shows to me he has some faith but his mind is not convinced.  is this what paul says in romans about those doing according to law but not knowing the law.  is it possible for someone to have faith and not know it.

Noble,

Your Friend's faith are not yet settled through faith in Jesus...but then, there is a good news...if you will open to your friend the scripture about the basic understanding of salvation from the book of John 3:16..I believe the Holy Spirit will move into your heart's friend.

Stay blessed

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Faith in God is much bigger than a reality our mind can grasp.......you have to be willing to accept that there are things beyond  your comprehension and perceptions

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Because of circumstances someone may say "Jesus is Lord", and pretends to be a believer...at this stage he does it to perhaps received a benefit from believers....or from his believing parents...

But who can tell if some time before his death he believes...

So we have confession without faith....

Paul is quite familiar with this situation....because in the Jewish culture someone is accepted of what he does....taking part in the rituals and Holidays....faith is not a prerequisite, in some groups it is, but they see one another through their obedience to their rituals...

We read in the OT, repeatedly the Lord Is telling the people that he is not please with them...keeping the Law without faith in him.  

Because were just practicing or obeying the Law...thus pleasing the people and the priests, but they did it to belong and not be cut off, or excommunicated...or even risked to be killed by their own families...

If someone had faith but not the rituals to go along with his faith was not accepted...

Paul must have notice some were in Christian congregations for some reasons...to be part and in unity with spouses or family...or work or business....

So he did say that above all is faith in the heart...that counts...this we can see it our selfs...we do not need anyone to convince us, if we understand that Jesus can see the faith in the heart...and Saved the person...no need for anyone else to do a ritual and the presence of witnesses and record keeping....

So anyone where ever he may be at any given moment can be reach by the Holy Spirit and believe...

The confession in this situation is the confession of a believer...

This is so, that anyone who believes can be saved without the confession, because some cannot confess...a mute...someone whose unbelieving "master", cut his tongue to prevent the confession, and to him being saved...or someone incapacitated who believes in his heart...but cannot speak...

There numerous ways to communicate the confession of faith in Jesus Christ...

And there are erroneous situations being recorder for those who seek to extract a confession from a believer...those are seeking to save a saved person by demanding a traditional confession from a believer who is already saved because of his faith in his heart..

This is not what Paul is communicating in Romans 10:9,10...he never said that a person is not saved unless he confess.  

When he first said that the person is the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ because of his faith in his heart. 

To Jesus Christ when we believe he can see our agreement to his Gospel in our heart...this is good for him...but people do not know it, and they need our verbal confession to accept the faith of someone....and then if they do not see the change they expect...they turn around and call the believer a liar...and judge him to Hell..or that he believe in his mind and not in his heart...judging like God...who can see in the heart of people...when they can not and seek evidence.. That's why they open them selves to being deceived...and judge believers as not truth believers...clever...

They ignore the word dedication...or dedicated...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

On 8/14/2019 at 2:52 AM, nobleseed said:

"can someone have faith in the heart but not know in mind" 

this is the title of the OP...

I take it as it communicates the message that someone has faith in Jesus Christ,  and does not know it...
being ignorant of the fact that he has believe...

This is a very strange proposition, and I am sorry to say that, but this is not possible...

The fact that he does not know about it, it shows that he does not have in his heart something that makes his faith alive in him...

Our faith in Jesus Christ is alive in us...

we are the children of the Life giver....that makes us conscious that our faith in him is alive in our heart..   

He can create strong feelings that affect our emotions within our heart....

jesus is alive in our heart...the Holy Spirit..."will guide you and teach you all things...". 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 8/14/2019 at 2:52 AM, nobleseed said:

When it doubt, clarify. Is your friend saved by trusting Jesus or by trusting their own good deeds for Heaven? Those are the two alternatives to atheism!

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Your mind is very important in Salvation. To believe in your heart does not mean to the disqualifying of your mind.  You must be able to understand the truth of the Gospel in your mind first, then believe it with your heart, which simply means to trust Christ and his merit apart from works. You do not work for righteousness, you believe in your heart for righteousness.

Rom 10:9  If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Rom 10:10  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Gal 2:16  know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

Php 3:9  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

If your friend has placed his trust in Christ as God the Father’s gift of Life and righteousness, then he is saved. Him not knowing if he did that is another story.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

I think "the mind",  mostly concerning and by (a choice of) the will ,  must be brought subject to Jesus,  renewed in Him,

but that salvation is revealed first in spirit,  by the Father, Abba Yahuweh, as Jesus says - "The Father is well pleased to REVEAL SALVATION to little children"   (and to HIDE SALVATION from the educated ones),

and "unless a person becomes as a little child, they will never see the Kingdom of Heaven" ....

Corrie ten Boom's book "Common Sense Not Needed" is a wonderful work for those who are challenged, and for those who seek such understanding ....

• 10 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, nobleseed said:

We all have faith in us, but for most its dormant. The bible calls them spiritually dead, We can die spiritually but we can raise from death spiritually too.