nobleseed

can someone have faith in the heart but not know in mind

I think "the mind",  mostly concerning and by (a choice of) the will ,  must be brought subject to Jesus,  renewed in Him,

but that salvation is revealed first in spirit,  by the Father, Abba Yahuweh, as Jesus says - "The Father is well pleased to REVEAL SALVATION to little children"   (and to HIDE SALVATION from the educated ones),

and "unless a person becomes as a little child, they will never see the Kingdom of Heaven" ....

Corrie ten Boom's book "Common Sense Not Needed" is a wonderful work for those who are challenged, and for those who seek such understanding ....

On 8/14/2019 at 12:52 AM, nobleseed said:

i have a friend who i was challenging about God but he says he does not know, but he told me every night he says God is in heaven and all is well and in the morning God is on earth (cant remember the rest of  it).  but the fact he does this shows to me he has some faith but his mind is not convinced.  is this what paul says in romans about those doing according to law but not knowing the law.  is it possible for someone to have faith and not know it.

It's possible for those who don't know of Christ to have faith in him when he appears (reference the Centurion who witnessed the Lord's death and others throughout the Gospels). It references the fact that our Father in heaven draws all of us to his Son who both conceived of us and chose us before the foundation of the world. No, I'm not referring to something crazy like "predestination" which is nothing more than an attempt to reconcile Almighty God to an understanding born of this flesh and how to the Lord, all things are finished (God knows all things). If he conceived of us, then he knows our fulness; and since God knows all things, he knows who among us love him and who doesn't. 

I look at my own self as an example. For the longest time I knew "God is there" but God was beyond my comprehension. To my sensibilities people who claimed to know Jesus Christ were insane! What? How can anyone know Almighty God who defies description? It boggled my mind and so I steered clear of Christianity and Christians in general.  I thought Christians were nuts! :rofl:

Little did I know, hehe. But the time came when our Father in heaven drew me to his Son and so I learned that unless we come before the Son of God, we remain ignorant and more than a little afraid. We remain lost, wicked, and confused. Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. Your friend is getting close. Pray for his salvation!