IGNORED

Is masturbation a sin? Asking for a friend.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,792
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

that's right cause I am 699981783_compexcooninhandlast.jpg.7e85b2eff23b69a4866b967f987cdcaf.jpg
                                       :clap: 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

How did we go from masturbation to discussing a milk man :hmmm:. Don't answer that - PLEASE!!

Romans 8: 5-7, "For those are according to the flesh set their minds on the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile towards God, for it does not subjecy itself to the law of God, for it is noteven able to do so.

Matthew 7:21, " For from within, out of the heart of man proceed evil thoughts, fornication, thefts, murders, adulteries!

Proverbs 6: 25, "Do not lust in your heart for her beauty."

Phil. 4:8, "If anything is worthy of praise, dwell on THESE things."

2nd Cor. 10:5, "Taking every thought captive for the obedience of Christ."

Matthew 5:8, Jesus said, "But I tell you that anyone who (JUST) looks on a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart"!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So according to Matthew 5:8, SIN BEGINS BEFORE MASTURBATION. It starts when you look on a woman to lust after her in your HEART and THE RESULT is a choice of masturbation.

With Christ sin always starts in the heart, and then in our minds and then dwelling on sin until sin is fulfilled, and then death comes. Christ warns us over and over to guard your hear from considering sin.

So according to Matthew 5:8, the sin of MASTURBATION, if a particular situation is a sin, IS THE RESULT  of what you focused on in your heart. So in some cases, your already done for, for sinning before you took matters into your own hand.

I hope this helped YOUR FRIEND a bit and you forgot about the milk man :t2:.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm not so sure that lust is the only reason for masturbation.  If your wife just isn't in the mood and you have her in mind is that really sinful.   If she becomes handicapped and can't and youhave really good memories of your relations in the past is that wrong.

It's really a complex situation for different people. Is it a sin......  Maybe yes in some situations and maybe no in others....       I don't see any one single answer to the question.

53 minutes ago, other one said:

I'm not so sure that lust is the only reason for masturbation.  If your wife just isn't in the mood and you have her in mind is that really sinful.   If she becomes handicapped and can't and youhave really good memories of your relations in the past is that wrong.

It's really a complex situation for different people. Is it a sin......  Maybe yes in some situations and maybe no in others....       I don't see any one single answer to the question.

As scripture seems to indicate, it's the intent of your heart, balanced against God's word for the truth in our desire to love and honor Christ.

To me it's not about rules and regulations, but who you are with Christ in your heart and knowing that "In all things, do to the glory of God".

God knows your needs and why your fulfilling them.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

As scripture seems to indicate, it's the intent of your heart, balanced against God's word for the truth in our desire to love and honor Christ.

To me it's not about rules and regulations, but who you are with Christ in your heart and knowing that "In all things, do to the glory of God".

God knows your needs and why your fulfilling them.

So what's wrong with having the love of your wife in your mind.    I can't speak of this personally but if the need ever comes up I'll let you know.  It just seems ok to me if you are not lusting outside of a marriage it should be not considered sinful.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, other one said:

So what's wrong with having the love of your wife in your mind.    I can't speak of this personally but if the need ever comes up I'll let you know.  It just seems ok to me if you are not lusting outside of a marriage it should be not considered sinful.

I agree !!! It's all about who you are in your heart with God and are you living to Honor and Glorify Him in all that you do ??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Lacking first-hand experience......I called a “ Friend” of mine who told me that studies show that 90% of the population fessed up to engaging in masturbation— the other 10% were lying .

Seriously though, the act of masturbation is not precisely the sin.....the sin is the LUST that propels it.... “ IF “ one can limit his or her fantasies to their spouse, I don’t see any problem with it—- but that’s a mighty big “IF”.......

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

10 hours ago, Jayne said:

I believe that every person who has ever lived throughout time has battled this whether just a few times or as large part of their lifestyle.  I said that to say that the temptation is understood by all who read in this thread.

If true, then it would only make sense that Scripture would have addressed this if it were a sin.

I find Scripture to be very clear about what is right and  and what is wrong. Obviously it doesn’t address some issues that have arisen centuries after Scripture was inspired. But masturbation has  been going on since the beginning of time, so why exclude it from Scripture if it is a sin?

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

10 hours ago, maryjayne said:

self control is necessary within marriage too. Our spouses are not there for us to use to indulge in sexual behaviour at any time we want to. I do not believe the admonition to not deprive one another means always being available constantly, regardless of how ones partner is feeling.

Unfortunately this is not what is taught in many churches. Tim Keller had a sermons series about marriage which he turned into a book titled”The Meaning of Marriage.”

In the series, he says you “have to make love even when you don’t feel like it.” 

A lot of pressure is put on women in some marriages. Some are told they are sinning if they say no to their husbands. Others worry their husbands will feel justified in straying if they say no to sex for whatever reason.

Inthe Christian Church the men have a monopoly on how Scripture is being interpreted and taught and believe me they’re out there preaching you’ve got to be ready to go at a moments notice or you’re going against the will of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

30 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

If true, then it would only make sense that Scripture would have addressed this if it were a sin.

I find Scripture to be very clear about what is right and  and what is wrong. Obviously it doesn’t address some issues that have arisen centuries after Scripture was inspired. But masturbation has  been going on since the beginning of time, so why exclude it from Scripture if it is a sin?

I agree that Scripture is very clear in regard to what is right and what is wrong.Lusting is  wrong.If we could take the “ lust” out of the act of masturbation there would be no problem.Alas, there would also be no point.