IGNORED

Is this really true about Chickens in the U.S?

marvelloustime

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

Hi all.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but curiosity has finally got the better of me. Lol.

In the U.S, do you really have chlorine washed chicken? 

And if you do, has it harmed you, or are you able to purchase non chlorine washed chicken?

I ask because it's currently a big scare tactic in the UK re; doing a trade deal with the U.S.

Curiosity has led me to ask you if this is all correct. I don't know much about it.

This is a very strange world. 

Let's praise the Lord that as believers we are all one in Jesus, no matter which country on the earth we happen to reside in. Our true citizenship is in Heaven. Praise God.

Becky.

I'd like to expand this conversation to all food if I may and the possible unintended consequences. It would take way too much time to supply credible links for my comments; so take them as you may. I'm most familiar with the United States but it probably applies to other countries.

Because of NAFTA, GATT and many other "free trade" agreements; we're required to buy a certain percentage of food from the countries in the agreements. It's my understanding the USA receives about 2,500 shipments of food daily and we assume this food is safe to eat. With the overwhelming amount of food delivered here and the woefully limited number of FDA inspectors inspecting our food; only about 1% of our food gets inspected. 

The overwhelming amount of food produced today is genetically modified (GMO). Food animals are given who knows what for rapid growth and faster production. How do we know what is in our food from China, Russia, Mexico, etc. Experiments have been performed on mice that I'm aware of. Two potato's were placed in a cage for mice; one GMO modified, one an organic potato. One hundred percent of the mice each and every time went for the organic potato, and would not touch the GMO potato. They would only eat the GMO potato after the organic was removed, and just before they starved to death. What do they know that we don't?

It would seem that anything we consume genetically modified and altered would have to affect our own genetics down the line and transmission to our posterity. I could use radiation and other things as an example. 

It's still not clear or scientifically proven the effects of GMO food will have on us or future generations down the road. It's an eye opener isn't it?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1972

16 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

We do our best to ensure an enhanced posting experience. We strive to seem as human as possible. 

Now, please list all of your personal information and credit card info, and mother's maiden name.  

Ha, Ha!

• Haha 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I have not heard of chlorine bleached chickens but it would not surprise me. They shoot them full of hormones and antibiotics. That can not be good for the body. 

For some reason, I feel thoroughly cleansed inside from last night's meal. :P

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, mlbrokish said:

Now, please list all of your personal information and credit card info, and mother's maiden name.  

Ha, Ha!

And your four pin digit number. 

Press 1 for customer service.

• Haha 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

For some reason, I feel thoroughly cleansed inside from last night's meal. :P

And your guts are all white.

• Haha 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

6 hours ago, mlbrokish said:

We named our Angus steer we recently had butchered Burger Boy. 

My husband's family had one of their cows named daisy. One day daisy disappeared ... to be sold off for meat. Cows from the reservation tend to be the beef used in things like dinty more beef stew. I call cans that contain beef as "daisy in a can".

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

It's still not clear or scientifically proven the effects of GMO food will have on us or future generations down the road. It's an eye opener isn't it?

I've heard the same about effects of GMO food.  It does give me pause about the whole thing.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

22 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

Hi all.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but curiosity has finally got the better of me. Lol.

In the U.S, do you really have chlorine washed chicken? 

And if you do, has it harmed you, or are you able to purchase non chlorine washed chicken?

I ask because it's currently a big scare tactic in the UK re; doing a trade deal with the U.S.

Curiosity has led me to ask you if this is all correct. I don't know much about it.

This is a very strange world. 

Let's praise the Lord that as believers we are all one in Jesus, no matter which country on the earth we happen to reside in. Our true citizenship is in Heaven. Praise God.

Becky.

Yes, yet still, it is far worse in this polluted (spiritually, mentally and physically) world/ all society/ than can be imagined.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, mlbrokish said:

I've heard the same about effects of GMO food.  It does give me pause about the whole thing.

When you add in the dyes, additives, preservatives, hormones, etc., much less the GMO; I wonder to what effect it has on health issues, diseases and the immune system? But anyway, unless you're a farmer or go way out of your way to get organic food, there's not much we can do about it... I've noticed an increase on the number of recalls on food products over the last few years. 

I don't fully understand why we have all these trade agreement to purchase food (both animal, vegetable and fruit) from other countries? We are more than capable of supplying everything we need with an abundance? Importing anything we ingest greatly increases the risk of everything. 

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

I don't fully understand why we have all these trade agreement to purchase food (both animal, vegetable and fruit) from other countries? We are more than capable of supplying everything we need with an abundance? Importing anything we ingest greatly increases the risk of everything. 

I don't understand it either! It all comes down to politics and who or what group can profit the most from the having their hand in the global markets.  Agricultural markets have been strained for decades, with only temporary relief on occasion. I'll never claim to know much about supply and demand, but the U.S. should be able to incorporate their homeland supply into U.S. need better than it does. I'm sure there are other factors, too.