unworthyservant

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Recently, there was some controversy within the Presbyterian church over same sex marriage. It seems that like many denominations there are several ruling bodies within the umbrella of the church. One of them changed the wording in their marriage requirements in order to accommodate same sex marriage in the churches under their purview. I happen to know of one of those churches where a group of the congregation split off and joined another association which did not approve of same sex marriage when their church voted to accept the change. This brings up a couple of general questions. First, if God never ordained same sex marriage, why would the church want to follow societal norms and preform marriages that they know are not ordained of God? And without explicitly saying it, isn't the church putting out the notion that since they ordain the marriage that homosexuality must not be a sin. Whether or not it's the case, if I can draw the conclusion then I'm sure there are others including those who seek the church for their same sex marriage. I have an idea why people would want their same sex marriage to be preformed in and sanctioned by the church. It's the same reason many sinners seek out a church that doesn't condemn their particular sin. It makes them feel free to continue in it. It's quite a conundrum

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Bible very clear on this subject, imo when this is approved then it is no longer a church just a group of people

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/14/2019 at 1:42 PM, unworthyservant said:

Recently, there was some controversy within the Presbyterian church over same sex marriage. It seems that like many denominations there are several ruling bodies within the umbrella of the church. One of them changed the wording in their marriage requirements in order to accommodate same sex marriage in the churches under their purview. I happen to know of one of those churches where a group of the congregation split off and joined another association which did not approve of same sex marriage when their church voted to accept the change. This brings up a couple of general questions. First, if God never ordained same sex marriage, why would the church want to follow societal norms and preform marriages that they know are not ordained of God? And without explicitly saying it, isn't the church putting out the notion that since they ordain the marriage that homosexuality must not be a sin. Whether or not it's the case, if I can draw the conclusion then I'm sure there are others including those who seek the church for their same sex marriage. I have an idea why people would want their same sex marriage to be preformed in and sanctioned by the church. It's the same reason many sinners seek out a church that doesn't condemn their particular sin. It makes them feel free to continue in it. It's quite a conundrum

Welcome to our world today. We live in a very dark and sinful world. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Thankfully like you mentioned, there are some branches of the Presbyterian Church which do not accept homosexuality or gay marriage.   I think the PCA (Presbyterian Church America) is Bible believing.   However, the PCUSA branch is quite liberal.   Years ago I remember the Bible believing members of the PCUSA trying to fight the extreme liberalness....sorry to say they weren't successful.   

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

We are called to bring the gospel of grace when we can to the lost. Unfortunately, most of the world is lost. It’s heartbreaking. Homosexuals aren’t the only lost souls. My own dad is an agnostic. Whatever that means. I will be be angry if my dad isn’t in heaven. He’s still alive. Please let’s pray for his salvation. Thank you  

• Praying! 5

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

What these “churches” and so called “pastor's” are doing is allowing the worlds standards take precedence over what God's word says. Christians are to influence the world, not the other way around. Just because the "world" declares a practice or behavior acceptable, does not mean that God, Himself will condone such actions. In Ezekiel 14, God basically is saying to Ezekiel that a person that comes to seek God's blessings but all the while in his / her heart they desire to continue in sinful behavior is the worst sort of lie. Because the person isn't really seeking to do God's will, but their own. The mistake that those who go along with this lie, is that they are trying to make Christianity more palatable to the tastes of unbeliever's. They are more concerned with the world's standards of morality and what will bring them praise and recognition from men instead of from God. God describes sin as nauseating. And this is what abomination means; nauseating or detestable. We human's do not get to say what is or is not sin. God is our creator and designer and it is HE who says what is and is not acceptable.  The world at large, likes the idea of having a Christian's approval on sin; because then when God speaks to the world, it can then point the finger at Christians, saying... "they said it was ok".  Thus hoping to avoid all accountability for their own sins.  The person that entices another to sin, has a bigger problem than the person who was tempted.

Psalm 119: 1 thru 3 (NIV) Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord. Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart they do no wrong but follow his ways.

Psalm 119: 1 thru 3 (living bible, paraphrased) Happy are all who perfectly follow the laws of God.  Happy are all who search for God and always do his will,  rejecting compromise with evil and walking only in his paths.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

Exactly. We cannot comprise the Word of God. I honestly would not care. But God is beyond clear on this subject. Serve who you will. I choose God. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667

Unworthyservant, 

On 8/14/2019 at 1:42 PM, unworthyservant said:

I happen to know of one of those churches where a group of the congregation split off and joined another association which did not approve of same sex marriage when their church voted to accept the change.

This is part of Satan's strategies to work within the church and cause conflicts with the members.

• 2 Corinthians 11:15, "It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also fashion themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works."

Christians are to be speaking the Bible’s truth by our words and actions. Churches need to be strong in the Lord and trust what he says in his Word. We are not to fear “people’s opinion” and buckle under the social pressures of  society and culture. The Bible tells us a lot about compromising. I think God is quite clear on His view of marriage.

• Mark 10:6-8, “But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh.”
  • Genesis 2:24, “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

On 8/14/2019 at 10:42 AM, unworthyservant said:

why would the church want to follow societal norms

Because they have resisted the Holy Spirit which in turn grieved Him which resulted in quenching His power in their lives and church.

This explains it, Jesus speaking:

But I have against you that you left your first love.  Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent, and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and will remove your lampstand out of its place unless you repent. Rev 2:4, 5

and,

...He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars says these things. I know your works, that you have a name that you live, and are dead. Rev 3:1b

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645

34 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Because they have resisted the Holy Spirit which in turn grieved Him which resulted in quenching His power in their lives and church.

This explains it, Jesus speaking:

But I have against you that you left your first love.  Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent, and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and will remove your lampstand out of its place unless you repent. Rev 2:4, 5

and,

...He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars says these things. I know your works, that you have a name that you live, and are dead. Rev 3:1b

Lord bless

Sorry, JustPassingThrough, the question was rhetorical. I was being facetious. Thanks and God Bless 

• Thumbs Up 1