• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Kristin said:

We are called to bring the gospel of grace when we can to the lost. Unfortunately, most of the world is lost. It’s heartbreaking. Homosexuals aren’t the only lost souls. My own dad is an agnostic. Whatever that means. I will be be angry if my dad isn’t in heaven. He’s still alive. Please let’s pray for his salvation. Thank you  

Amen, Kristin. I simply posed the question due to that recent fiasco with the Presbyterian church. You hit the nail on the head when you say MOST of the world is lost. I believe that it's also the case that many who think they are saved are among those. By the way, my understanding of agnostic is that it is a opposite of the word Gnostic. The Gnostic believed that everything was spiritual and didn't take much stock it actual physical things. On the opposite end are the agnostics. A true agnostic believes in nothing spiritual. Matter of fact they don't believe in anything that they can't see, hear or feel.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

17 minutes ago, unworthyservant said:

A true agnostic believes in nothing spiritual. Matter of fact they don't believe in anything that they can't see, hear or feel.

Most people I know who claim to be agnostics say they believe there probably is a "God" but when can't really know him personally. Hence the term agnostic A=No, Gnostic= knowledge or unknowable

More succinct, but the same basic idea. Yes most agnostics that I've ever encountered say they don't discount but since they can't have actual physical knowledge they can't believe anything on faith alone. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Believe me when I say I am making no excuses for the PCA or PCC, however once they take money from the government in tax rebates etc. they have to tow the government line. On the other hand it appears that within this body  so many have abandoned the Word of God for friendship of the LGBTQ and desire to have more people join the church and donate that God and the gospel is the first to go. 

It’s the..,if Jesus were here today He would see and understand and not make these pronouncements....theory. False though it is, since He does not change His Word, and the novelty of befriending them within a church is what is splitting and closing churches.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

23 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

Sorry, JustPassingThrough, the question was rhetorical. I was being facetious. Thanks and God Bless 

unworthyservant,

I have enjoyed your post in several of the different topics until now. This statement of yours about being facetious, unless I'm reading it wrong, doesn't have a place here given the seriousness of the topic, and the purpose of the forum. We all love to joke around and have fun, but being that you didn't say that at the end of your post, or shortly after, you lead people down a dishonest path, and I don't see that being appropriate here.

I don't think any of us are dismal faced douagers without a sense of humor, but I think you need to consider your intentions for all our sakes before you post again.

I love you and look forward to more topics and posts from you - Dave 

14 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

Believe me when I say I am making no excuses for the PCA or PCC, however once they take money from the government in tax rebates etc. they have to tow the government line. On the other hand it appears that within this body  so many have abandoned the Word of God for friendship of the LGBTQ and desire to have more people join the church and donate that God and the gospel is the first to go. 

It’s the..,if Jesus were here today He would see and understand and not make these pronouncements....theory. False though it is, since He does not change His Word, and the novelty of befriending them within a church is what is splitting and closing churches.

I believe that we should show God's love by our actions and welcome with open arms any sinner who wishes to learn about God. As for governmental rules for churches, to my understanding churches aren't subject to inclusion rules. At least they didn't used to be. Now you last point is more what I see. In order to fill the pews and thus the OFFERING PLATE they are willing to compromise the Gospel.

3 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

unworthyservant,

I have enjoyed your post in several of the different topics until now. This statement of yours about being facetious, unless I'm reading it wrong, doesn't have a place here given the seriousness of the topic, and the purpose of the forum. We all love to joke around and have fun, but being that you didn't say that at the end of your post, or shortly after, you lead people down a dishonest path, and I don't see that being appropriate here.

I don't think any of us are dismal faced douagers without a sense of humor, but I think you need to consider your intentions for all our sakes before you post again.

I love you and look forward to more topics and posts from you - Dave 

Sorry, maybe facetious was not the best word there. I meant that the whys that I ask are actually obvious answers according to God's word.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

But! The point is that most LGBTQ want nothing to do with the church!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

3 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

I believe that we should show God's love by our actions and welcome with open arms any sinner who wishes to learn about God. As for governmental rules for churches, to my understanding churches aren't subject to inclusion rules. At least they didn't used to be. Now you last point is more what I see. In order to fill the pews and thus the OFFERING PLATE they are willing to compromise the Gospel.

You  just said a mouthful. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, unworthyservant said:

Amen, Kristin. I simply posed the question due to that recent fiasco with the Presbyterian church. You hit the nail on the head when you say MOST of the world is lost. I believe that it's also the case that many who think they are saved are among those. By the way, my understanding of agnostic is that it is a opposite of the word Gnostic. The Gnostic believed that everything was spiritual and didn't take much stock it actual physical things. On the opposite end are the agnostics. A true agnostic believes in nothing spiritual. Matter of fact they don't believe in anything that they can't see, hear or feel.

They would get along well with scientists