• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Abdicate said:

Hmmmmm, Not until we finish the first conversation.

Hi Abdicate

So then making this claim, you must be able to show some sort of demonstration that they (the time periods) are are indeed consecutive and not concurrent. Can you do this?

4 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Yes, and I did, but you already rejected it.

Just showing that they are existing is a proof/demonstration that they are consecutive? I may be missing something.

Edited by Uriah
punctuation

Just now, Abdicate said:

You have each piece of the puzzle. Pull them together and put them in place. It'll come. You'll see for yourself which is the only way your mind can change. Nothing "I" say will change that. The word of God cannot contradict itself.

Hi Abdicate

Obviously we need to look at where you started-Daniel- since I think it is safe to assume that this is where you get a "week" from. Do you believe that those six things spoken by Gabriel were fulfilled? 

1 minute ago, Abdicate said:

You need to post ALL numerical end-time numbers with their events. There's no "start" except with signing of the covenant and the arrival of the Two Witnesses. Once you put them all side-by-side, then you can see.

Hi Abdicate

The "start" is what you started with. A week of years, you called it. Can't talk about it?

19 hours ago, Abdicate said:

homework.

Hi Abdicate

I have done plenty of 'homework" and the 7 yr. scheme fails. Perhaps sometime we can discuss these things.

1 hour ago, Abdicate said:

Hi Uriah,

Then I guess there's nothing discuss then because I believe in the 7-year length of a tribulation and you categorically state it's a scheme and it's a failure. That's not an open enough mind to discuss. After all, you didn't even do what I asked you to do showing a willingness to discuss the matter. Odds are very high you don't even recognize I told you what to do.

Hi Abdicate

I have added up everything you have said. I only want to compare the things you say to other scriptures. But you think I don't have an open mind about these things while saying in so many words, just do what -I-say. As I stated earlier in this thread, if two people think exactly the same, only one is doing the thinking. I do not demand that of you, but if you are ending the conversation that's too bad. I have listened to your ideas, but you also reject mine, and I haven't said most of them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 9/29/2019 at 4:59 PM, Uriah said:

Hi Retro

Not sure where I should start...Josephus or Wikipedia. Josephus has some VERY intense critics, and for good reason which I won't go into just yet. The highlighted sentence you cited from Wikipedia cannot be found in the writings of Josephus as you stated. Wiki is able to be edited by just about anyone who puts himself to it. What you read there is commentary, and I might go so far as to say most likely from a J.W.

Anything that IS in the writing of Josephus you cited is about taking 17 talents of "treasure" from the temple. (the treasury) A man you mention pretended that Caesar wanted it etc. 

NOTHING you wrote or will find will show an idol being set up in the Holy Place. It has been tried before...and abandoned.

Shalom, Uriah.

Bear with me, please. Whether it's been done or not, I'm doing research (between work schedule times) and will answer you soon. I believe in "fuzzy logic" - checking the "fringes" of thought - so, although I take a little longer than most, I'm much more thorough than most. However, I'm a "bull dog with a bone" when it comes to checking things out; so, please forgive me if I don't take your word for this.

No problem

46 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

I don't believe you have. But that's ok. God bless.

Hi Abdicate

Why? Because I have questions about them?

For those who perhaps want a short version of ONE of the reasons the 7 yr. tribulation doesn't work, as well as for future reference...

The famous Daniel 9:27 verse that many now insist is about a 7 yr. treaty by the anti Christ cannot withstand scrutiny. The "covenant"  in that verse is none other than the only covenant Daniel had just been praying about earlier in v.4.

The one strengthening the covenant in the week is Jesus! Here is why:

Verse 24 lists 6 things that must happen in an allotment of 70 weeks. (of years) These things can be found in their fulfillment in the New Testament by our savior. 

Verse 26 plainly tells us that after 69 weeks the Messiah will be cut off. (killed)

So there you have it. Jesus comes as Messiah AFTER 69 weeks and begins His ministry and the things listed from v.24 MUST be done before the end of 70 weeks.

The 70 weeks are over, likely ending when the first Gentiles (Cornelius and family) were brought into the Church.

There will be those who say Jesus fulfilled some of the list but not all. This is shameful view of His work on the cross. Others say that there is a gap. They must also deny His work on the cross and N.T. passages. ( use search engine or I can post them if requested.) There is more that can be said but this is enough for now. 

More to come.