Uriah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0

Dan 9:27- And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Gen 17:4- As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Mark 14:24- And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament (covenant), which is shed for many

Matt. 26:28- For this is my blood of the new testament (covenant), which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

This is the work of Jesus strengthening the covenant...in its power and in numbers!-many!

Edited by Uriah
spelling

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Uriah said:

Dan 9:27- And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Gen 17:4- As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

Mark 14:24- And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament (covenant), which is shed for many

Matt. 26:28- For this is my blood of the new testament (covenant), which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The is the work of Jesus strengthening the covenant...in its power and in numbers!-many!

Uriah, in your view, what event ended the 70 weeks?

1 minute ago, douggg said:

Uriah, in your view, what event ended the 70 weeks?

I tend to side with those who point to the conversion of Cornelius etc as the sign of the ending of the 70th week.

30 minutes ago, Uriah said:

I tend to side with those who point to the conversion of Cornelius etc as the sign of the ending of the 70th week.

Uriah, in your opinion, how does the conversion of Cornelius, compare in significance, to what others believe to be the end of the 70 weeks, of the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven in great power and glory?

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Edited by douggg

4 minutes ago, douggg said:

Uriah, in your opinion, how does the conversion of Cornelius, compare in significance, to what others believe to be the end of the 70 weeks, of the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven in great power and glory?

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Beginning of the"time of the Gentiles"-"time of the Gentiles...fulfilled"

2 hours ago, Uriah said:

Beginning of the"time of the Gentiles"-"time of the Gentiles...fulfilled"

You would have the 70 weeks fulfilled before the Jews, Jerusalem, say blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord ?

Matthew 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  6,582
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

15 hours ago, Uriah said:

Ok I understand your position on this. 
thanks for clearing it up.

Shabbat shalom, Uriah.

Sure. And so, when Yeshua` talked about a "21 ... great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be," He was talking about its DURATION not its INTENSITY

Then note this: He said, "22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened." In other words, He was saying that the DAYS of tribulation WITHIN that duration would be shortened, not the intensity!

1 hour ago, douggg said:

You would have the 70 weeks fulfilled before the Jews, Jerusalem, say blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord ?

Matthew 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Shabbat shalom, douggg.

PRECISELY! That's why the 70th Seven was DIVIDED - 3.5 years before the Messiah was cut off, and 3.5 years after the Messiah returns! The "Great Tribulation" doesn't coincide with the 70th Seven; it's WITHIN the 70th Seven! 

A. 3.5 years - the "ministry" of Yeshua` the Messiah, the FIRST offer of the Kingdom by the Messiah to the Jews

B. ~2000 years - the Great Tribulation (of the Jews and Christians), the "Times of the Gentiles," the time of Jacob's Trouble, erroneously referred to as the "Church Age"

C. 3.5 years - the SECOND offer of the Kingdom by the Messiah to the Jews

Matthew 23:39 will be accomplished just prior to the Messiah's return, just prior to the Messiah's Second Coming or Second Advent.

6 hours ago, Uriah said:

This is the work of Jesus strengthening the covenant...in its power and in numbers!-many!

Shabbat shalom, again, Uriah.

AH! But you see, the Messiah IS the one who confirms the covenant with many for that last Seven! He tried to show that He was the fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant, an extension of the Abrahamic Covenant, to the elders of His tribe, Yhudah (the Jews), but they wouldn't have Him and "cut Him off!"

Now, He waits until His Father tells Him it's time to go, when those Jews will now welcome Him back!

When He returns, THEN the Seventieth Seven will start up again!

Let's look at Daniel 9:24-27 again and put the antecedent in place of the pronouns:

Daniel 9:24-27 (KJV)

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,

(1) to finish the transgression, and
(2) to make an end of sins, and
(3) to make reconciliation for iniquity, and
(4) to bring in everlasting righteousness, and
(5) to seal up the vision and prophecy, and
(6) to anoint the most Holy. 

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people (of the prince that shall come) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 

27 (1) And (the Messiah) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week [2 Samuel 14:11-16; 2 Samuel 5:3-5; 1 Chronicles 17:10-14; 1 Chronicles 11:1-3; 1 Chronicles 29:26-27; Matthew 2:2; Luke 1:30-33; Luke 3:21-23]:

(2) and in the midst of the week (the Messiah) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease [Matthew 27:37, 50-53; Hebrews 9:1-10:22],

(3) and for the overspreading of abominations [Matthew 23:1-37], (the Messiah) shall make (the city) desolate [Matthew 23:38], even until the consummation [Matthew 23:39], and (the judgments) determined shall be poured upon the (ones made) desolate [Matthew 24:9-29].

And, just to add another thought, Yeshua`s real birthday is probably around Sukkot or the Feast of Tabernacles, the eight days being the time between His birth and His circumcision and naming, when He came to tabernacle (to tent) with us, thus becoming "`Immaanuw-'Eel" or "Emmanuel" [Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; John 1:14], "God with us." (Btw, this would put "Christmas" more around the time of His conception.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people (of the prince that shall come) shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 

27 (1) And (the Messiah) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week [2 Samuel 14:11-16; 2 Samuel 5:3-5; 1 Chronicles 17:10-14; 1 Chronicles 11:1-3; 1 Chronicles 29:26-27; Matthew 2:2; Luke 1:30-33; Luke 3:21-23]:

(2) and in the midst of the week (the Messiah) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease [Matthew 27:37, 50-53; Hebrews 9:1-10:22],

(3) and for the overspreading of abominations [Matthew 23:1-37], (the Messiah) shall make (the city) desolate [Matthew 23:38], even until the consummation [Matthew 23:39], and (the judgments) determined shall be poured upon the (ones made) desolate [Matthew 24:9-29].

I have heard this before. Two things:

The person who is 'he' in v 27 has the direct antecedent of 'prince that will come'.

"Messiah" is named in previous verses and yet in v 27 Messiah is not named.

With that in mind I have a hard time with the 'he' in verse 27 identified as Jesus.

This also seems to make little sense when comparing Matt 24, "as spoken of by Daniel the prophet", to Dan 9 and 12.