• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Uriah.

Sorry I've been gone so long from the discussion; I was debating with HAZARD in "Our Body is our Soul and our Soul is our Body."

This isn't right, either, though. It's not about a 3.5-year tribulation anymore than it's about a 7-year tribulation period. The "tribulation" doesn't have to do with the 70 weeks of years in Daniel 9 at all!

The "tribulation" or "pressure" started in the First Century A.D. with the children of Israel, and in particular, the children of Yhudah, the Jews, REJECTING the LORD'S Anointed! Because they rejected Him, He left them "desolate" until He returns, and He said He wouldn't return until they could welcome Him back as the LORD'S Anointed. It grew to large proportions under the invasions by Rome some 40 years later as the Romans invaded and destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D., tearing it apart for the gold that melted in the fire and flowed between the stones of the building.

This "tribulation" shall continue until the Lord Yeshua` returns and offers His Kingdom to Israel once again. The "tribulation" shall be about TWO THOUSAND YEARS LONG! While it is true that Yeshua` promised (in His prophecy of Matthew 24-25, Mark 13, and Luke 21) that those "days would be shortened," there's another way those "days will be shortened" other than just shortening the DURATION of the "tribulation period."

Imagine with me a 2-dimensional chart of the timeline covering this "tribulation period." Now, picture it as a bar graph, such that each year has one bar and the height of the bar represents the number of "tribulation days" within that year.

If the bars were reduced in height, the number of days within that tribulation period would still be reduced, even if the LENGTH of the timeline of that tribulation period was not shortened.

Hello Retro,

Ok I think I understand what you are saying, and it could be so. There is a specific 42 month period in Revelation that many take to be a part of "Daniel's 70th week." I don't hold to that view. But I do have some specific considerations regarding the 42 months of Rev. For example that what many take to be a 7 yr. period in Rev. is actually NOT so, they count things twice to make it attach to Dan. 9 27.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

2 hours ago, Uriah said:

Hello Retro,

Ok I think I understand what you are saying, and it could be so. There is a specific 42 month period in Revelation that many take to be a part of "Daniel's 70th week." I don't hold to that view. But I do have some specific considerations regarding the 42 months of Rev. For example that what many take to be a 7 yr. period in Rev. is actually NOT so, they count things twice to make it attach to Dan. 9 27.

Shalom, Uriah.

Don't be too hasty in your conclusion, though. Being part of "Daniel's 70th week" does NOT negate being a part of "Revelation's 42 months!" The problem is that many tie the 70th week with the "tribulation" or they will tie the 42 months to the "tribulation," instead of leaving the "tribulation" out of it! The tribulation, as described by our Lord in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 and even Luke 21, ENDS with the sign of the Lord's Coming, and this can be seen in Revelation 6:12-7:17, particularly verses 6:12-14 and 7:14. Almost immediately, Israel shall accept Him as YHWH'S Messiah as He comes with rescue in His wake, and the anointing of Him as their King will follow soon after the Messiah has rescued His mishpochah - His family. It's AFTER the Lord returns that the second half of the seventieth "week" will be fulfilled. This is seen in Revelation 11:1-19.

(By the way, the 42 months is 1,239 days long, and the 1,260 days is three weeks longer, and by Jewish calculations, it's the 42 months that are 3.5 years at 354 days per 12 months with 12 months per year without a leap month. The average month, being a true "moonth," is 29.5 days long. If a leap month is included in that 3.5 years, then the length of time would be 1,268.5 days, 8.5 days longer than the 1,260 days.)

This is the time that the Messiah shall be the King of the Jews before He becomes the King of all Israel, like His ancestor, David, did.

Shalom again, Uriah.

I should also mention that the "tribulation" is not a mere 3.5 years long anymore than it is 7 years long. It "falls in the crack" between week 69.5 weeks and the last half week, so to speak. Again, if you ask anyone who believes that the 7 years should be separated from the others, they cannot give you a good reason for doing so. HOWEVER, Yeshua` leaving them desolate until they can welcome Him back as YHWH'S Messiah IS a good reason for the pause between the first and the second half of the 70th week. THAT error on the Jews' part put the "crack" - the "gap" - in Gavriel's prophecy, and yet, it was anticipated in the prophecy!

Daniel 9:27 (KJV)

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he (the Messiah) shall make it desolate, even until the consummation (the End when He returns), and that determined (the tribulation) shall be poured upon the desolate (the Jews).

• Group:  Diamond Member

13 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

HOWEVER, Yeshua` leaving them desolate until they can welcome Him back as YHWH'S Messiah IS a good reason for the pause between the first and the second half of the 70th week. THAT error on the Jews' part put the "crack" - the "gap" - in Gavriel's prophecy, and yet, it was anticipated in the prophecy!

Hi Retro, 

Could you explain this?

2 hours ago, Uriah said:

Hi Retro, 

Could you explain this?

Shalom, Uriah.

Sure. Here's the quote:

2 hours ago, Uriah said:

HOWEVER, Yeshua` leaving them desolate until they can welcome Him back as YHWH'S Messiah IS a good reason for the pause between the first and the second half of the 70th week. THAT error on the Jews' part put the "crack" - the "gap" - in Gavriel's prophecy, and yet, it was anticipated in the prophecy! - Retrobyter

Look again at what Gavriel said:

Daniel 9:27 (KJV)

27 And he (the Messiah) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (one Seven = seven years): and in the midst of the week (1/2 Seven = 3.5 years = the fourth Passover after the Messiah first offered the Kingdom) he (the Messiah) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease (at the Crucifixion), and for the overspreading of abominations (enumerated by the Messiah in Matthew 23:1-37) he (the Messiah) shall make it desolate, even until the consummation (the End when the Messiah returns), and that determined (the tribulation) shall be poured upon the desolate (the Jews).

Here's the record of how it happened:

Matthew 23:1-37 (KJV)

1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2 Saying,

"The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, 'Rabbi, Rabbi.' 8 But be not ye called 'Rabbi': for one is your Master, even Christ (the Messiah); and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ (the Messiah). 11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? 18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. 19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? 20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. 21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. 22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which iswithin the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, 'If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.' 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"

THIS is the list of abominations that were spreading out among the people like the spread-out wing of a bird! Gavriel anticipated this in the words "for the overspreading of abominations...," and THIS is the error that the Jews made! They REJECTED God's Messiah whom God would have made their King!

Then, Yeshua` said those dreadful words:

Matthew 23:38 (KJV)

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate

This was anticipated in Gavriel's prophecy in the words "He shall make it desolate..."

Then, the Messiah Yeshua` said,

Matthew 23:39 (KJV)

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

This was anticipated in Gavriel's prophecy in the words "even until the consummation...."

The Hebrew word translated as "consummation" is "kaalaah":

3617 kaalaah (kaw-law'). (As a feminine noun.) From kalah; a completion; adverb, completely; also destruction
-- altogether, (be, utterly) consume(-d), consummation(-ption), was determined, (full, utter) end, riddance.

3615 kaalaah (kaw-law'). (As a verb.) A primitive root; to end, whether intransitive (to cease, be finished, perish) or transitive (to complete, prepare, consume)
-- accomplish, cease, consume (away), determine, destroy (utterly), be (when... Were) done, (be an) end (of), expire, (cause to) fail, faint, finish, fulfil, X fully, X have, leave (off), long, bring to pass, wholly reap, make clean riddance, spend, quite take away, waste.

This is talking about the ending of that which "shall be poured," the tribulation. This was fulfilled in the words of the Messiah, "till ye shall say...."

Another key is WHAT they shall say: "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord," which is a quotation from Psalm 118:26:

Psalm 118:21-26 (KJV)

21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.

22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.

26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

This sentence in Hebrew is "Baruwkh haba' b-shem YHWH." As I've said over and over again, the words "Baruwkh haba'" mean, "Welcome, comer!" It's said in the plural at every airport and seaport in Israel: "Baruwkhiym haba'iym." "Welcome, comers!"

sign_welcome1.jpg.db4214ab94f7b9a0efd291a9deffc580.jpg

Here's an example at the airport in Tel Aviv.

The rest is "in the name (authority) of YHWH (God's Name)."

There's a bit more, but I've got to stop tonight....

Shalom again, Uriah.

Now, remember the purposes of the 70 Sevens ("Weeks"):

Daniel 9:24 (KJV)

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,
(1) to finish the transgression, and
(2) to make an end of sins, and
(3) to make reconciliation for iniquity, and
(4) to bring in everlasting righteousness, and
(5) to seal up the vision and prophecy, and
(6) to anoint the most Holy.

SOME of these things were accomplished or started to be accomplished through the Messiah's FIRST Advent - His FIRST Coming - in the First Century A.D; HOWEVER, not everything was so accomplished for Daniel's PEOPLE and his HOLY CITY!

However, as has been previously discussed, the Messiah Himself has to do most of this, especially for His OWN PEOPLE! Therefore, the rest of the prophecy must be fulfilled when the Messiah returns!

Since their household has been made desolate - put on hold, tabled - THAT desolation put this prophecy on hold until He returns! THAT'S why there's a "GAP." However, that gap wasn't started until the Messiah made His people desolate in Matthew 23:38, three and a half years after He began offering the Kingdom to Israel, namely, His own tribe, Yhudah - the Jews.

14 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Since their household has been made desolate - put on hold, tabled - THAT desolation put this prophecy on hold until He returns! THAT'S why there's a "GAP." However, that gap wasn't started until the Messiah made His people desolate in Matthew 23:38, three and a half years after He began offering the Kingdom to Israel, namely, His own tribe, Yhudah - the Jews.

Hi Retro

I noticed that Matt. 23 has no direct connection to the "abomination" just simply shares a word in common-desolate (tion). However in Matt. 24 Jesus directs us to look for the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet....standing the Holy Place. The list above doesn't fit well with this prophecy. If the list had been done already when Jesus spoke the list, AND the list IS the abomination of desolation, shouldn't people have fled right then and there? 

Is the abomination (often taken to mean an idol or image) still future? Or is this all fulfilled by allusions?

15 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Hi Retro

I noticed that Matt. 23 has no direct connection to the "abomination" just simply shares a word in common-desolate (tion). However in Matt. 24 Jesus directs us to look for the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet....standing the Holy Place. The list above doesn't fit well with this prophecy. If the list had been done already when Jesus spoke the list, AND the list IS the abomination of desolation, shouldn't people have fled right then and there? 

Is the abomination (often taken to mean an idol or image) still future? Or is this all fulfilled by allusions?

Shalom, Uriah.

The "abomination" is ANYTHING that disgusts God or men. That CAN be an idol or an image, but it can also be direct rebellion against Himself and/or the hatred and rejection against His own beloved Son whom HE selected as His Messiah to be their King!

The Hebrew word for "abominations" is "shiqquwtsiym," the plural of "shiqquwts":

8251 shiqquwts (shik-koots'). Or shiqquts {shik-koots'}; from shaaqats; disgusting, i.e. Filthy; especially idolatrous or (concretely) an idol
-- abominable filth (idol, -ation), detestable (thing).

8262 shaaqats (shaw-kats'). A primitive root; to be filthy, i.e. (intensively) to loathe, pollute
-- abhor, make abominable, have in abomination, detest, X utterly.

And, the reason for the word "abominationS" is that Daniel 9:27 uses the phrase "v`al knaf shiqquwtsiym," using the plural and meaning "and-against an-extended-wing of-abominations."

The rest of the clause adds "mshomeem," meaning "he shall make desolate."

Matthew 24:15-16 (KJV)

15 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: ... ."

In Matthew 24, Yeshua` said (translated into Greek),

15 "Hotan oun ideete to bdelugma tees ereemooseoos to rheethen dia Danieel tou profeetou hestos en topoo hagioo, ta anaginooskoon noeitoo, 16 tote hoi en tee Ioudaia feugetoosan eis ta oree, ... ."

which is translated into English word-for-word as...

15 "When therefore ye-shall-see the abomination of-the desolation the-one spoken-about through Daniel the prophet stand in a-place holy, the-one reading let-him-understand, 16 then those in the Judaea let-them-flee into the mountains, ... ."

Thus, the resultant is the "abomination" in this case, not the cause! The cause is the "desolation." As in many times of testing, people are given 40 years to repent, and this time was no different. However, the Jews did NOT repent or change their minds about accepting the Messiah, and so, the abomination - the disgusting thing to the Jews - was the Roman banner and eagle standing in their beloved Temple. When they saw this occur, the wise and instructed by the Messiah were to leave immediately and head for the mountains!

This has already occurred in 66 A.D. prior to the Temple's destruction in 70 A.D. Seeing that the Jews took up arms and would put up a fight and rebel against Roman occupation of the Temple, the Romans put up a siege against Jerusalem, and the city was closed off until the Romans won the day in 70 A.D. The armies of Rome burnt down the Temple and melted its gold into all the cracks and crevices between the stones of the buildings. To get to the gold, they dismantled all the buildings of the Temple, leaving "no stone upon another," as Yeshua` predicted.

Only the ones who got out before the Jews and the Romans locked up Jerusalem were guaranteed escape. Many Jews died or were taken captive by the Romans when the Romans conquered the city.

Rome was known for its heavy war machines and armament, restricting their movement along low places and well-maintained roads. Therefore, the mountains were the best places to escape.

Yeshua` pronounced them "desolate" in 30 A.D., but "the hammer didn't fall" until 70 A.D.

The "List" were the abominations that caused the desolation to occur; the desolation caused the abomination of the Temple's desecration.

Thus, the tribulation began in the First Century with the destruction of the Temple and later the destruction of Jerusalem and the killing or deportation of the Jews to all the nations of the Roman Empire - the Disaspora.

Yeshua` also told His disciples (and us) that the tribulation would continue until the End, just before the signs of His Second Coming:

Matthew 24:9 (KJV)

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted (Greek: eis thlipsin = "into tribulation"), and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

(later,)

Matthew 24:29-31 (KJV)

29 Immediately after the tribulation (Greek: Eutheoos de meta teen thlipsin = "But immediately after the tribulation") of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Thus, the tribulation (Greek: thlipsis) has lasted through all the Roman persecutions, the Inquisitions, the Purges, the Pogroms, the Holocaust, and even now in the constant Terrorism from the "Palestinians" (displaced Jordanians) who occupy the Gaza Strip (the land that once belonged to the Philistines, which the Romans called "Palestine") and the West Bank (the mountains of Israel), as well as from the surrounding Muslim countries.

The "tribulation" has lasted from 70 A.D. to 2019 A.D. (so far), and will continue to be poured upon the desolate (the Jews) until they learn to accept Yeshua` as the Messiah of God He was and is! When they can learn to welcome Him as God's Representative with God's authority, then the tribulation will end, and the last half of the 70th Seven will start.

12 hours ago, Abdicate said:

No, revelation is NOT more than seven years.

Hi Abdicate

Very well. You do lay out a scenario where two time periods of 3.5 yrs. are combined. And you show the reference to Dan.9:27 as meaning a 7 yr. period. But as I said, have to add concurrent reading to it. What do you do with the 7 thunders that aren't divulged. You will in the least need do see them as concurrent somewhere or else you will go beyond the 7 yr. time frame. 

So why not (merge) the other two 3.5 yr. periods? Or, would you say for example that the Euphrates, mentioned in the 6th trumpet AND the 6th vial are about 3.5 yrs apart? Or the darkness shown in the 5th vial AND the 5th trumpet? Or the sun during the 4th vial AND the 4th trumpet? Same for the rivers and fountains of waters at the 3rd vial AND the 3rd trumpet? The sea at the second vial AND trumpet? Something affecting plants AND people comes down from above in the first vial AND trumpet. Do you view them as all being approx 3.5 yrs. apart from each other? Then of course we have lightnings, thunder hail, voices and earthquake common to the seals AND trumpets AND vials-all three. 

I rather see the biblical pattern of "pre-telling and re-telling" as found starting in Genesis. I also believe that Jesus is the subject of Dan. 9:27 confirming "the covenant" with many ( strengthening the covenant and including us).

9 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Uriah.

The "abomination" is ANYTHING that disgusts God or men. That CAN be an idol or an image, but it can also be direct rebellion against Himself and/or the hatred and rejection against His own beloved Son whom HE selected as His Messiah to be their King!

The Hebrew word for "abominations" is "shiqquwtsiym," the plural of "shiqquwts":

8251 shiqquwts (shik-koots'). Or shiqquts {shik-koots'}; from shaaqats; disgusting, i.e. Filthy; especially idolatrous or (concretely) an idol
-- abominable filth (idol, -ation), detestable (thing).

8262 shaaqats (shaw-kats'). A primitive root; to be filthy, i.e. (intensively) to loathe, pollute
-- abhor, make abominable, have in abomination, detest, X utterly.

And, the reason for the word "abominationS" is that Daniel 9:27 uses the phrase "v`al knaf shiqquwtsiym," using the plural and meaning "and-against an-extended-wing of-abominations."

The rest of the clause adds "mshomeem," meaning "he shall make desolate."

Matthew 24:15-16 (KJV)

15 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: ... ."

In Matthew 24, Yeshua` said (translated into Greek),

15 "Hotan oun ideete to bdelugma tees ereemooseoos to rheethen dia Danieel tou profeetou hestos en topoo hagioo, ta anaginooskoon noeitoo, 16 tote hoi en tee Ioudaia feugetoosan eis ta oree, ... ."

which is translated into English word-for-word as...

15 "When therefore ye-shall-see the abomination of-the desolation the-one spoken-about through Daniel the prophet stand in a-place holy, the-one reading let-him-understand, 16 then those in the Judaea let-them-flee into the mountains, ... ."

Thus, the resultant is the "abomination" in this case, not the cause! The cause is the "desolation." As in many times of testing, people are given 40 years to repent, and this time was no different. However, the Jews did NOT repent or change their minds about accepting the Messiah, and so, the abomination - the disgusting thing to the Jews - was the Roman banner and eagle standing in their beloved Temple. When they saw this occur, the wise and instructed by the Messiah were to leave immediately and head for the mountains!

This has already occurred in 66 A.D. prior to the Temple's destruction in 70 A.D. Seeing that the Jews took up arms and would put up a fight and rebel against Roman occupation of the Temple, the Romans put up a siege against Jerusalem, and the city was closed off until the Romans won the day in 70 A.D. The armies of Rome burnt down the Temple and melted its gold into all the cracks and crevices between the stones of the buildings. To get to the gold, they dismantled all the buildings of the Temple, leaving "no stone upon another," as Yeshua` predicted.

Only the ones who got out before the Jews and the Romans locked up Jerusalem were guaranteed escape. Many Jews died or were taken captive by the Romans when the Romans conquered the city.

Rome was known for its heavy war machines and armament, restricting their movement along low places and well-maintained roads. Therefore, the mountains were the best places to escape.

Yeshua` pronounced them "desolate" in 30 A.D., but "the hammer didn't fall" until 70 A.D.

The "List" were the abominations that caused the desolation to occur; the desolation caused the abomination of the Temple's desecration.

Thus, the tribulation began in the First Century with the destruction of the Temple and later the destruction of Jerusalem and the killing or deportation of the Jews to all the nations of the Roman Empire - the Disaspora.

Yeshua` also told His disciples (and us) that the tribulation would continue until the End, just before the signs of His Second Coming:

Matthew 24:9 (KJV)

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted (Greek: eis thlipsin = "into tribulation"), and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

(later,)

Matthew 24:29-31 (KJV)

29 Immediately after the tribulation (Greek: Eutheoos de meta teen thlipsin = "But immediately after the tribulation") of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Thus, the tribulation (Greek: thlipsis) has lasted through all the Roman persecutions, the Inquisitions, the Purges, the Pogroms, the Holocaust, and even now in the constant Terrorism from the "Palestinians" (displaced Jordanians) who occupy the Gaza Strip (the land that once belonged to the Philistines, which the Romans called "Palestine") and the West Bank (the mountains of Israel), as well as from the surrounding Muslim countries.

The "tribulation" has lasted from 70 A.D. to 2019 A.D. (so far), and will continue to be poured upon the desolate (the Jews) until they learn to accept Yeshua` as the Messiah of God He was and is! When they can learn to welcome Him as God's Representative with God's authority, then the tribulation will end, and the last half of the 70th Seven will start.

Hi Retro

Ok when did they see the abomination in the Holy Place...and immediately flee?