JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus told the thief on the cross next to him "Today you will be with me in Paradise." (Luke 23:39-43)

The first will be last. And the last will be first.
The thief on the cross believed in Jesus at the last possible moment he could have.
And he became the first man to go directly to heaven in his death.

Luke 16:19–31 (AV)
19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house:
28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The scene takes place in the grave / gehenna which is a holding pattern for the spirits of the dead until Judgment Day.
The side of the promise (called  Abraham's Bosom) has been empty since Jesus went there in Spirit, declared the victory
to the two other sides (the abyss / great gulf in the middle is for the spirits of fallen angels), and took those spirits in Abraham's
Bosom to heaven.

1 Peter 3:18–19 (AV)
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Ephesians 4:8–10 (AV)
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

All this took place in a very brief amount of time. Jesus' body was three days and three nights in the tomb but his Spirit was in Paradise before sunset
three hours after his death.

The objection to this is based on a misinterpretation of John 20:17...

John 20:17 (AV)
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

The error of the detractors is that they are not taking into account that Jesus made this statement after his resurrection.
He had not yet ascended to the Father in his resurrected body.
There is no scripture at all to indicate Jesus was not in heaven in his disembodied Spirit prior to that point in time.
None.

Study 1 Corinthians 12 and 2 Corinthians 12 and learn that until the general resurrection, all who go to heaven in death (in Christ)
do so in disembodied spirits. These are what are reunited with their bodies that will be raised at that time.

Some have claimed Paradise in Luke 23:43 refers to Abraham's Bosom (Luke 16:19-31) because of the misinterpretation of John 20:17.
But "paradise" appears only three times in scripture. Each time it is referring to the third heaven where God is (2 Corinthians 12:1-4).

The thief on the cross? First man to go directly to heaven in death (in disembodied spirit)?

John 19:31–37 (AV)
31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

All accounts place Jesus' death at 3PM. sunset at 6PM began the sabbath / preparation day. Breaking the legs of the other two on crosses  would bring
death by asphyxiation in only minutes. Jesus and the former inhabitants of Abraham's Bosom in gehenna were already in heaven by the time the thief
died on the cross.

I cannot listen to this song by Don Francisco without bawling like a baby.

"Too Small a Price" by Don Francisco

Believers ever since go directly (in spirit) to be with the Lord in heaven.

Philippians 1:21–24 (AV)
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

Enoch “ walked and talked with God...”...Considering that he was “ caught up” and never experienced death,  have you considered him and what part, if any , he played in this well- written post?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Enoch and Elijah are the only two people on earth that God took to heaven without dying. The Bible is silent on why God raptured these two humans to heaven without dying.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

I've been a Christian believer over 40 years, so I have heard this topic spun many different ways.  In many area's of my faith and growing, my faith has had to change pretty drastically until today my faith hardly represents where I started. I read, studied, and researched since 1978, and I will continue until I die.

I have been shocked many times over the years while studying, that God spoke a truth to me through either His word or the Holy Spirit that changed my thinking.

This is one such subject.

There are a lot of opinions and word meaning assumptions from the past that aren't biblical, that have become the truth in the Christian culture, and there are a lot of biblical truths now days that have been called lies by a lot of Christians including pastors and church leaders.

I'll share with you what scripture has to say about this topic, and share just a few thoughts and questions for you to ask yourself. It may be confusing to you, but study it out and ask questions and please take your time and pray that the Holy Spirit leads you into al truth.

Job 14:12, "So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 3:13, "NO ONE HAS ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN, but HE (JESUS) WHO DESCENDED FROM HEAVEN: THE SON OF MAN.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus said, "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again (The rapture) and receive you to myself, and where I am, there you may be also.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!st Thessalonians 4: 16-17, "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the LORD in the air, and so we shall always be with the LORD".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, here's the dilemma or problem............If you or anyone is already in heaven, how are you included in the return of Christ to take us home?  We only go home once according  to scripture, and EVERYONE is included in the RAPTURE that qualifies !!

And if that's not enough, how do you deal with John 3:13?

Remember now, we are told in scripture that God has MYSTERIES in scriptures that will never be revealed here on earth. We won't understand everything, because that's where faith comes in.

There are several verses that aren't real clear, that seem to have been twisted several different directions to reflect what others think, but one thing I know for sure is what God's word says and is very clear on, so Ill stand on God's word that is clear and not worry about what I don't understand that's questionable or unclear verses what man says they mean.

Yeah, it was a shock to me too. Take some time to study and think about it.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/15/2019 at 2:09 PM, missmuffet said:

Enoch and Elijah are the only two people on earth that God took to heaven without dying. The Bible is silent on why God raptured these two humans to heaven without dying.

Enoch and Elijah they both lived before Jesus Christ, when Death reined in the world, as it was upon everyone, the righteous and the unrighteous...

They both represent and at the same time do not represent something...

Enoch lived before Noah-before the flood-, and Elijah was the seed of Abraham and lived in Israel under the Law of Moses...quite some time before Jesus Christ...

If Enoch was to die, he will descend to the place of the dead appointed by God....

If Elijah was to die he will descend to the Bossom of Abraham, to be with Abraham, that's where Abraham gather his seed...this was the place for the children of the Lord God, who were still without the Life...separated spiritually from their God...and without a Heavenly Inheritance...

Elijah or anyone else while were alive, because of their earthly body cannot descend in the place of the dead, that it is impossible while still in their body...

Before Jesus Christ this is the only way God could a man to Heaven...while he was still alive...before he died...and he took those two, as we know, righteous before him...

Enoch before Abraham and Elijah the seed of Abraham....to tell us that God will provide a Savior, the same Savior for all people, of the world...JESUS CHRIST.. 

Who will give those who believe in him, not only righteousness by faith in him, because he died for the forgiveness of their sins ...but also he will give them Life, the Life of God....because he died while was still in the Life of God....so him Jesus and those who believe in him...have an inheritance with God and our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ....

PS

In ancient Greece and some other Cultures even in some Cultures today, they know a lot of things about the place of the dead...

This is one of the reasons Jesus Christ gave the Gospel to fertile ground among the Greeks and the Romans...who gladly believed in Jesus Christ...

First because it was preach to them, the new Heavenly Inheritance in Jesus Christ...

And also that God had included their ancestors in this blessing of Jesus Christ...even before them...as Jesus Christ had promised that he will preach the Gospel first to the dead, and give Life to everyone who believe in him....

And he will take them with him to their Heavenly Inheritance...

The inheritance of the people with the Life....

After Jesus Christ....

God cannot take anyone to Heaven anyone in their earthly body...even his own who are in his Life....those whom he took before were not in the Life, even through were righteous...as they will be in death...upon their physical death..it seems he had given them some special blessing, because they were in his presence and lived, just like Moses...they were the exceptions...

Everything is left to be determined at the time of their death.. With their last breath....

When the sound of the trombet announcers their departure from their body; 

Will someone be found with faith in Jesus Christ in Life...or with the denial, refusing to believe in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins...in Death...

It has to be that way, so those who had first believe have the chance to denied....and those who had denied and whose God keeps calling to the repentance of faith believe...

Jesus have said that everyone will hear the Gospel, and be judge according to his believing or denying faith in Jesus Christ, for Jesus Christ has died for all...

As before many heard the Gospel while out of their bodies because they had died before Jesus Christ had died...and believed and lived....received the forgiveness of sins and the Life while out of their bodies....

So also God has made providence for those who died after the resurrection of Jesus Christ without having the opportunity to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for them to hear the Gospel and make their decision out of their bodies, ad it happened before...

Jesus Christ has died for all....and this the guaranty right of everyone to be Judged according to their faith or denial of the Gospel of Jesus Christ...whether in the body or out of the body...

Everyone has to appeared before Jesus Christ...whom God had appointed to be the Judge of all....

Actually Jesus Christ does not Judge anyone according to his faith...because everyone who appears before him..has either the faith in him or the denial in him...and he deals to everyone accordingly....as he has not only inherit Heaven for himself and those who believe in him...

But also has the Keys of Hades and Death....to open the door of Hades and put their those who have died with their denial of faith...

On 8/15/2019 at 6:28 PM, Seasoned by Grace said:

I've been a Christian believer over 40 years, so I have heard this topic spun many different ways.  In many area's of my faith and growing, my faith has had to change pretty drastically until today my faith hardly represents where I started. I read, studied, and researched since 1978, and I will continue until I die.

I have been shocked many times over the years while studying, that God spoke a truth to me through either His word or the Holy Spirit that changed my thinking.

This is one such subject.

There are a lot of opinions and word meaning assumptions from the past that aren't biblical, that have become the truth in the Christian culture, and there are a lot of biblical truths now days that have been called lies by a lot of Christians including pastors and church leaders.

I'll share with you what scripture has to say about this topic, and share just a few thoughts and questions for you to ask yourself. It may be confusing to you, but study it out and ask questions and please take your time and pray that the Holy Spirit leads you into al truth.

Job 14:12, "So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 3:13, "NO ONE HAS ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN, but HE (JESUS) WHO DESCENDED FROM HEAVEN: THE SON OF MAN.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus said, "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again (The rapture) and receive you to myself, and where I am, there you may be also.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!st Thessalonians 4: 16-17, "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the LORD in the air, and so we shall always be with the LORD".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, here's the dilemma or problem............If you or anyone is already in heaven, how are you included in the return of Christ to take us home?  We only go home once according  to scripture, and EVERYONE is included in the RAPTURE that qualifies !!

And if that's not enough, how do you deal with John 3:13?

Remember now, we are told in scripture that God has MYSTERIES in scriptures that will never be revealed here on earth. We won't understand everything, because that's where faith comes in.

There are several verses that aren't real clear, that seem to have been twisted several different directions to reflect what others think, but one thing I know for sure is what God's word says and is very clear on, so Ill stand on God's word that is clear and not worry about what I don't understand that's questionable or unclear verses what man says they mean.

Yeah, it was a shock to me too. Take some time to study and think about it.

17 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Enoch and Elijah they both lived before Jesus Christ, when Death reined in the world, as it was upon everyone, the righteous and the unrighteous...

They both represent and at the same time do not represent something...

Enoch lived before Noah-before the flood-, and Elijah was the seed of Abraham and lived in Israel under the Law of Moses...quite some time before Jesus Christ...

If Enoch was to die, he will descend to the place of the dead appointed by God....

If Elijah was to die he will descend to the Bossom of Abraham, to be with Abraham, that's where Abraham gather his seed...this was the place for the children of the Lord God, who were still without the Life...separated spiritually from their God...and without a Heavenly Inheritance...

Elijah or anyone else while were alive, because of their earthly body cannot descend in the place of the dead, that it is impossible while still in their body...

Before Jesus Christ this is the only way God could a man to Heaven...while he was still alive...before he died...and he took those two, as we know, righteous before him...

Enoch before Abraham and Elijah the seed of Abraham....to tell us that God will provide a Savior, the same Savior for all people, of the world...JESUS CHRIST.. 

Who will give those who believe in him, not only righteousness by faith in him, because he died for the forgiveness of their sins ...but also he will give them Life, the Life of God....because he died while was still in the Life of God....so him Jesus and those who believe in him...have an inheritance with God and our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ....

PS

In ancient Greece and some other Cultures even in some Cultures today, they know a lot of things about the place of the dead...

This is one of the reasons Jesus Christ gave the Gospel to fertile ground among the Greeks and the Romans...who gladly believed in Jesus Christ...

First because it was preach to them, the new Heavenly Inheritance in Jesus Christ...

And also that God had included their ancestors in this blessing of Jesus Christ...even before them...as Jesus Christ had promised that he will preach the Gospel first to the dead, and give Life to everyone who believe in him....

And he will take them with him to their Heavenly Inheritance...

The inheritance of the people with the Life....

After Jesus Christ....

God cannot take anyone to Heaven anyone in their earthly body...even his own who are in his Life....those whom he took before were not in the Life, even through were righteous...as they will be in death...upon their physical death..it seems he had given them some special blessing, because they were in his presence and lived, just like Moses...they were the exceptions...

Everything is left to be determined at the time of their death.. With their last breath....

When the sound of the trombet announcers their departure from their body; 

Will someone be found with faith in Jesus Christ in Life...or with the denial, refusing to believe in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins...in Death...

It has to be that way, so those who had first believe have the chance to denied....and those who had denied and whose God keeps calling to the repentance of faith believe...

Jesus have said that everyone will hear the Gospel, and be judge according to his believing or denying faith in Jesus Christ, for Jesus Christ has died for all...

As before many heard the Gospel while out of their bodies because they had died before Jesus Christ had died...and believed and lived....received the forgiveness of sins and the Life while out of their bodies....

So also God has made providence for those who died after the resurrection of Jesus Christ without having the opportunity to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for them to hear the Gospel and make their decision out of their bodies, ad it happened before...

Jesus Christ has died for all....and this the guaranty right of everyone to be Judged according to their faith or denial of the Gospel of Jesus Christ...whether in the body or out of the body...

Everyone has to appeared before Jesus Christ...whom God had appointed to be the Judge of all....

Actually Jesus Christ does not Judge anyone according to his faith...because everyone who appears before him..has either the faith in him or the denial in him...and he deals to everyone accordingly....as he has not only inherit Heaven for himself and those who believe in him...

But also has the Keys of Hades and Death....to open the door of Hades and put their those who have died with their denial of faith...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/15/2019 at 2:09 PM, missmuffet said:

I've actually heard quite involved disagreements on whether Enoch was actually taken straight to heaven. Genesis 5:24 KJV simply says "And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.". Personally, I believe He probably took him to heaven but some say the phrase "for God took him" simply means he died. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/19/2019 at 9:46 PM, unworthyservant said:

I've actually heard quite involved disagreements on whether Enoch was actually taken straight to heaven. Genesis 5:24 KJV simply says "And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.". Personally, I believe He probably took him to heaven but some say the phrase "for God took him" simply means he died. 

No he went to heaven but the verses below does not say he died.

Kings 2:11

Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Edited by missmuffet

1 hour ago, unworthyservant said:

Some people just want to say something for arguments sake....

Not to take it too far, because I tent to do so, arguments bring out clarity....

It is simple to have said... That Enoch walked with God and like all the others be lived so many years and had this son and then after these years had this son, and so on....and Enoch lived so many years and he died....and he was buried....

To claim that during his walks with God.....God killed him. And then what did God do with his body....

We do not have that people found his body after one of his walks with God....

But instant we have that Enoch who walked with God, something happened to him and they could not find him..like he disappeared or was lost...or was attacked by wild animals...

There is too much wild fires in this statement that God took him, but not alive, only after he died....and how did he died...did God killed him...

If he died they way the others died we would have his age at that time...

First of all....God could not take anyone after they died....we know because of the death inheritance from Adam...that Enoch inspite of being righteous he still was in death, and not in Life...

Actually there is more than one reason why God did that, to take him before he died...

It must have been to show the people that man does not have a Heavenly Inheritance...

That there is not two inheritance for mankind, one for the righteous the Heavenly, the ascending,  and one for the unrighteous the descending in the place of the dead....

God had already show to people that the righteous innocent Abel when he died was not with him....

For the scriptures show that God was upset and was mourning for Abel, and figuratively Abel was crying unto him...

Complaining why he was not with him....Abel the first man to died...

And we see God pledging revenge not on Kain but on the Devil who took him...because of Adam's course upon mankind....

We know how God acknowledge the right of the Devil to take mankind till the seed of the woman put an end to that right....

So God had not right to take man after their death....no one... 

But here we see that the Devil did not  protest that he had a right to take a man to the place of the dead alive.....and how could he do that...

God could take someone to Heaven...a righteous man, and more than that, someone very close to him....

Man in his body could be taken to Heaven....as he did not ascend on his own but he was taken...there...as in the case of Elijah later on, he was taken on a ride by he chariot....

Not ascended like Jesus who ascended to his Heavenly Inheritance...

Man in his body cannot descend in Hades...or the Devil cannot take him alive to Hades....

To take Enoch was an exception, it was not that God started a new inheritance for man...

Enoch did not inherit Heaven....

Pointing that the seed of the woman when he will end the rein of the course of Adam upon mankind will be the one to inherit Heaven for mankind not just himself....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/15/2019 at 12:52 PM, JohnD said:
Jesus told the thief on the cross next to him "Today you will be with me in Paradise." (Luke 23:39-43)

The first will be last. And the last will be first.
The thief on the cross believed in Jesus at the last possible moment he could have.
And he became the first man to go directly to heaven in his death

The objection to this is based on a misinterpretation of John 20:17...

John 20:17 (AV)
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father

John 5;28... For the time is coming when those who are in their graves will hear His voice.

Nobody has been taken to heaven until the resurrection.