JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

How many resurrected human beings are there in the third heaven?

One. Jesus.

Bodies were raised when he rose. They were seen in the holy city.

Does the Bible say they ascended to heaven?

Were they like Lazarus (for example) who was raised from the grave and who eventually died again?

The Bible is actually silent on this point.

The only biblically confirmed human resurrection / ascension to the third heaven is Jesus Christ (Mark 16:19, Hebrews 1:3, Hebrews 10:12 Hebrews 12:2).

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03

1 Corinthians 15:44 (AV)
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Both are one and the same before "being changed" (1 Corinthians 15:51) when corruption shall put on incorruption

and mortality shall put on immortality (1 Corinthians 15:53).

Romans 8:23 (AV)
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves,

waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

But as 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and Jude 14 reveals our bodies remain here until Jesus returns with our spirits from the third heaven

where we will have been with him since our death in this world (2 Corinthians 5:8).

Jesus demonstrated to the doubting disciples his spiritual body (behold MY hands and MY feet) ← it was not another body but the same

one that will never die again... who ate fish in their presence... who could enter a 6 sided room without going through a window or door.

Etc. In this regard (our eternal [spiritual] bodies) we will be like him.

1 John 3:2 (AV)
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Be aware of the foolish attempt of certain cults that teach man can become a god (echoes of the lie Satan told Eve) using this verse. It does not say we will be God in Spirit as Jesus is. It refers to our being like him in our bodies.

Romans 8:28–29 (AV)
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn* among many brethren.

* Colossians 1:13–18 (AV)
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Cletus said:

Mat 27:52  and the tombs were opened; and many bodies of the saints that had fallen asleep were raised;
Mat 27:53  and coming forth out of the tombs after his resurrection they entered into the holy city and appeared unto many

They died again, not taken to heaven.

6 minutes ago, Cletus said:

the bible does not say that.  nowhere does it say that.  so are you just making up christianity as you go along?  I mean, if you are doing this here, you probably are doing it elsewhere. 

What evidence u hv ?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 8/15/2019 at 12:24 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Enoch “ walked and talked with God...”...Considering that he was “ caught up” and never experienced death,  have you considered him and what part, if any , he played in this well- written post?

On 8/20/2019 at 1:44 AM, unworthyservant said:

I was talking about Enoch, not Elijah, but I believe that they both probably were taken to Heaven.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:22 AM, missmuffet said:

Yes, both of them were raptured to heaven without dying. God had a purpose for that. 

Yeah, I've always fancied the idea that Enoch was the first one who was translated into Heaven. 

On 8/20/2019 at 1:57 PM, angels4u said:

Then again, there's this scripture... hmm. :huh:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

This is am interesting topic, good points raised.

Please everyone, don't wreck it with accusations of  making stuff up, or any such thing. Let it be a discussion, edifying, thought provoking, but not adversarial. 

For my two cents, I would note that things like taken to heaven, or with God, or even in heaven, are not the same as "rapture" which has a very specific meaning.

Also, it is probably a good ideal to preface remarks with "I think" or "in my opinion", when that is what you are expressing. Making statements of opinion in the form of a stated fact, will generally draw some fire.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

I've read that passage many times but it just slipped my mind when thinking on this issue. Thank you. Christ said it all! And if Christ said it, then there's no discussion to be had aside from a mystery that doesn't actually affect my daily walk with God, so that settles the matter completely for me. Thanks again

9 hours ago, Cletus said:

the bible does not say that.  nowhere does it say that.  so are you just making up christianity as you go along?  I mean, if you are doing this here, you probably are doing it elsewhere. 

Do i hv to ask ur permission be4 posting something here ?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 8/22/2019 at 2:31 AM, R. Hartono said:

They died again, not taken to heaven.

How did you come to that conclusion??   I have never heard that before.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I personally don't think most of us understand the totality of creation....   Nahmanides  wrote hundreds of years ago that there were at least ten dimensions that were created and we really are just beginning to understand that concept with theoretical Physics...   I'm not sure we can know the "whole" of this subject without a better understanding of creation...