• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,215
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, Not me said:

I think you are on point here. There are many different works but the same Spirit. I think we are not all called to the same “works” per say. But we are all called to have that close personal relationship with Christ as Paul had, and dare I say even closer if such a thing is possible. I feel  the work is the fruit of the relationship, so regardless of who’s called to what, it the relationship that is the main focus. As Jesus spoke to Mary;

Luke 10:42 (NASB)
but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."

Mary chose to sit at Jesus’s feet and learn of Him. 

This is what I think will be that which is rewarded, the close personal relationship with Christ, the depths and degree of it. Or in other words, how much Christ has been formed in the believer. 

that is correct, NOT ME. Once you lose your fascination and passion for God, you also lose your fruitfulness and effectiveness in the kingdom. Everything else you do for God is the beginning of the beginning. Your evangelism, your discipleship, your teaching is all at the beginning of the beginning.

David a man after God’s own heart, this was his life vision : One thing have I desired of the LORD ,that will I seek after, that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life to behold the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple ( Psalm 27:4). 

David was a man after this ONE THING :  to live fascinated with the beauty pf the Lord. Love for God does not automatically grow; rather it diminishes unless you intentionally cultivate a responsive heart and love for God.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

that is correct, NOT ME. Once you lose your fascination and passion for God, you also lose your fruitfulness and effectiveness in the kingdom. Everything else you do for God is the beginning of the beginning. Your evangelism, your discipleship, your teaching is all at the beginning of the beginning.

David a man after God’s own heart, this was his life vision : One thing have I desired of the LORD ,that will I seek after, that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life to behold the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple ( Psalm 27:4). 

David was a man after this ONE THING :  to live fascinated with the beauty pf the Lord. Love for God does not automatically grow; rather it diminishes unless you intentionally cultivate a responsive heart and love for God.

Thanks, Paul does liken our walks with God to a race we are to run, or in another place I think it is called our “course.” Whatever terminology is used it is a very active “faith” we are called to. 

Scripture tells us to keep our eyes on the things above not on the things of the earth. So regardless of what happens or doesn’t happen here we are to always keep our eyes on the prize. For me that is that I might get an “abundant welcome”. 

Scripture calls our entrance by two different terms and “abundant welcome” and a “well done”, I’m of the mind the abundant welcome is the better. So that’s what I strive for. The “abundant” rather than the “well done”.

Either way I just want to run my race to get the prize. And for me that is;

All of Christ Jesus and nothing of me.

Be blessed in Christ, Not me  

Ps, I just experienced a miracle. I just hit a deer going 60 mph plus and didn’t dump the motorcycle, came through it without a scratch. Am going to have to get the bike shipped home, but I have full coverage so things should work out fine. But to hit a deer at 60 mph and walk away without a scratch, is a miracle indeed. God is just sooo good! Praise God, to Him be all Praise!! 

Be blessed, Not me   

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

3 minutes ago, Not me said:

Ps, I just experienced a miracle. I just hit a deer going 60 mph plus and didn’t dump the motorcycle, came through it without a scratch. Am going to have to get the bike shipped home, but I have full coverage so things should work out fine. But to hit a deer at 60 mph and walk away without a scratch, is a miracle indeed. God is just sooo good! Praise God, to Him be all Praise!! 

Be blessed, Not me   

You STILL haven't learnt your lesson about texting and driving???  And a motorcycle at that.......smh

:)

PS:  should we pray for the deer?  :)

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jostler said:

You STILL haven't learnt your lesson about texting and driving???  And a motorcycle at that.......smh

:)

PS:  should we pray for the deer?  :)

Lol, thanks for the chuckle. :)

No prayers necessary, the deer ran it’s course well, (right into me), and went to deer heaven.  There’s a bunch of venison up for grabs if anyone wants some. :)

In Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,215
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  3

I have given it a lot of thought. Why has God made the matters of our eternal rewards that way ? He is wanting us to be filled with the fruits of righteousness. Peter calls it "having an abundance entrance " into the kingdom.

I believe that its because Jesus is after an eternal companion a bride that is without spot or wrinkle but blameless before him in love.  At the moment we are betrothed to him ( 2 Corinthians 11:2). The marriage is yet to be consummated at the marriage supper of the lamb. From the parable of the 10 virgins, 5 of them were foolish. They had the lamps but not the oil. In another words, they put their ministry first but failed to be diligent in cultivating the garden of their hearts or rather their ministry expanded but the size of their hearts remains small.

when the bridegroom came, they missed out on the wedding celebration.

Jesus is not after workers, he is not even after someone whom he can use. Jesus wants a bride so in love with him, one who will mature from a young maiden to a mature reigning bride with the divine seal of fire fully consuming her heart: a bride who is equally yoked with him in love and doing active ministry within the context of intimacy and partnership with him.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

there are many who think being born again automatically  makes us part of His Bride and therein  lies a very dangerous self-deception.  He's coming back for an helpmeet suitable to oneness with holiness and purity....perfection.

He's not going to be saddled with a partner who makes eyes at Him over the table while playing footsie with the world beneath it.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

19 hours ago, Not me said:

Thanks, Paul does liken our walks with God to a race we are to run, or in another place I think it is called our “course.” Whatever terminology is used it is a very active “faith” we are called to. 

Scripture tells us to keep our eyes on the things above not on the things of the earth. So regardless of what happens or doesn’t happen here we are to always keep our eyes on the prize. For me that is that I might get an “abundant welcome”. 

Scripture calls our entrance by two different terms and “abundant welcome” and a “well done”, I’m of the mind the abundant welcome is the better. So that’s what I strive for. The “abundant” rather than the “well done”.

Either way I just want to run my race to get the prize. And for me that is;

All of Christ Jesus and nothing of me.

Be blessed in Christ, Not me  

Be blessed, Not me   

I have been an avid rider for 50 years and this area is full of those fluffy-tailed rats, some call them deer.God has looked over this fool for many years......I have never had any close calls with deer.Almost hit a cat a few months ago and that was the only problem I ever had with animals .My only wreck was many years ago. An old lady pulled out in front of me.....I slammed the front brakes and went straight over the handlebars and landed on top of my head, which explains many of my postings here.......lol, but seriously I had a helmet on and walked away ok.The bigger miracle is the thousands of times I was so drunk I barely knew how to get home .....you familiar with that drunk driving thing where you have to drive with one eye closed and squint real hard so you can stay on the road ? I did a LOT of that.I should have+been dead a long time ago.We need to thank  God for His Grace and make sure you wear a helmet, stay sober and watch out for deer ......or even cats...lol

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I have been an avid rider for 50 years and this area is full of those fluffy-tailed rats, some call them deer.God has looked over this fool for many years......I have never had any close calls with deer.Almost hit a cat a few months ago and that was the only problem I ever had with animals .My only wreck was many years ago. An old lady pulled out in front of me.....I slammed the front brakes and went straight over the handlebars and landed on top of my head, which explains many of my postings here.......lol, but seriously I had a helmet on and walked away ok.The bigger miracle is the thousands of times I was so drunk I barely knew how to get home .....you familiar with that drunk driving thing where you have to drive with one eye closed and squint real hard so you can stay on the road ? I did a LOT of that.I should have+been dead a long time ago.We need to thank  God for His Grace and make sure you wear a helmet, stay sober and watch out for deer ......or even cats...lol

I was on highway 12 in Washington with my helmet and armored riding jacket on. The deer, (fluffy tailed rats, to funny :) ) two of them, a mother and her baby just bolted right out in front, had no time to react, just grabbed a better grip and kept the bars straight. It was a Goldwing I was on so it wiped out the front fenders, the front shelter and I’m not sure if it bent the front forks. But I have full coverage so AAA will ship the bike back home or the shop. But I walked away without so much a a single scratch, which I know to be the hand of God. 15 years ago I hit an owl and a few months later I hit a deer and than clipped another deer in my truck. But this is my first and Lord willing my last on my bike. Goldwing’s  are expensive to repair so they might total it, and you know what that means, those new 2020’s are sure looking pretty sweet. :)

Be blessed and safe if you still ride, in Christ, Not me    

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

I ride a 650cc motorbike here in Australia, we live in a semi-rural locale, and we have numerous "large grasshoppers" commonly called kangaroos. I normally only ride my bike in daylight hours and when it's fine weather and thankfully, there hasn't been any close calls, though I have in our car, God bless.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Heybro said:

I ride a 650cc motorbike here in Australia, we live in a semi-rural locale, and we have numerous "large grasshoppers" commonly called kangaroos. I normally only ride my bike in daylight hours and when it's fine weather and thankfully, there hasn't been any close calls, though I have in our car, God bless.

I’ve seen pictures of those “large grasshoppers”, they look worse than our “fluffy tailed rats”.

I sure hope the don’t spread to the states!  Lol  :)

Lord bless and ride safe. Not me :)

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 1