• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Fellow Believers,

...And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days,clothed in sackcloth.” They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a]

I recently saw a video on the subject of the "two witnesses" of Revelations. In the video the author put forward the idea that they are actually two bodies of believers in the Lord God of Abraham: Christians and Jews. The two olive trees, it is suggested in the video, represent nations and the video suggests that is a clue to the two witnesses identities. It is true that olive trees are used in this way in many places of the Bible, so the argument does have some basis. The two lampstands are also used as evidence.

The video is thought provoking, and I welcome discussion on the subject. If you care to watch the video just search for Two Witnesses on youtube and it is on the AoC channel.

I'm new here so if this post is not in the proper forum channel, I welcome correction ;)

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/15/2019 at 3:49 PM, PraiseWorld3D said:

Hello Fellow Believers,

...And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days,clothed in sackcloth.” They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.”[a]

I recently saw a video on the subject of the "two witnesses" of Revelations. In the video the author put forward the idea that they are actually two bodies of believers in the Lord God of Abraham: Christians and Jews. The two olive trees, it is suggested in the video, represent nations and the video suggests that is a clue to the two witnesses identities. It is true that olive trees are used in this way in many places of the Bible, so the argument does have some basis. The two lampstands are also used as evidence.

The video is thought provoking, and I welcome discussion on the subject. If you care to watch the video just search for Two Witnesses on youtube and it is on the AoC channel.

I'm new here so if this post is not in the proper forum channel, I welcome correction ;)

I think this is literal. I have heard from watching lots of videos of preachers that the two witnesses will be Elijah and someone else, some say Enoch because those two did not die. But then again to Jesus, john the baptist was considered to be Elijah who was to come. I cannot say who the two witnesses will be and there is no definitive verse that says who they will be.

Edited by Prycejosh1987