Footprint

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

While on the Isle of Patmos, God allowed John to look into the future. And he saw something with "great admiration" as recorded In Revelation 17:6. God allowed John to see the Great Whore, the Spiritual Mother of Harlots. John's wonder was NOT coming from the standpoint of desire, but rather of showing intense shock or surprise joined with indignation at her.

Let's take a look as this scene unfolds...

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
[2] With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
[3] So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
[4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
[7] And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
[8] The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Rome is known to be built upon seven hills. Rome was said to have been founded when Romulus and Remus, twin sons of Mars, ended up at the foot of the hill Palatine and founded the city. The other six hills are Capitoline (the seat of government), Quirinal, Viminal, Esquiline, Caelian, and Aventine.

History records that a Roman Emperor named Constantine was very instrumental in setting up the First General Council of Churches in 325 A.D., known as the Council of Nicaea. The Church of Rome became the Official Church of the Roman empire with Constantine as its head. This "universal" church with its man made doctrine was established so that EVERY subject of the Empire would belong to the Official Church of the Rome.

The THREE PERSON DOCTRINE which later evolved and was very clearly defined as such, was purely an orchestrated effort by Constantine designed to appease both the MONOTHEISTS (One God Christians) and the POLYTHEISTS (Multiple god pagans). From a strictly political standpoint, I guess you might say it was a brilliant move. Constantine stopped the persecution of Christians for a while so I don't guess he was all bad. However, the Roman Emperors were responsible for killing and torturing people (Christians) much like that of Hitler's Nazi death camps. The True Church was literally driven underground. As a matter of fact, the May 1976 revised edition of Halley's Bible Handbook reports on pages 761-763 "...the church was regarded as a secret society..."; "...Christians were hunted in cave and forest; they were burned, thrown to wild beasts, put to death by every torture cruelty could devise." "Christian graves are variously estimated at between 2,000,000 and 7,000,000." Papal Persecutions against Protestants in later centuries far out numbered the Early Christian Martyrs under Pagan Rome.

History also proves that the truth about one God was universally preached by the New Testament Church for many years after Christ, until the development of the "trinity" doctrine by the Roman Catholic Church.

Encyclopedia International, 1975 Edition, Vol.18, p.226 - The doctrine of the "Trinity" did not form part of the apostles' preaching, as this is reported in the New Testament.

New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967 Edition, Vol.13, p.1021 - The first use of the Latin word "trinitas" (trinity) with reference to God, is found in Tertullian's writings (about 213 A.D.) He was the first to use the term "persons" (plural) in a Trinitarian context.

Encyclopedia Americana, 1957 Edition, Vol.27, p.69 - The word "Trinity" is not in Scripture. The term "persons" (plural) is not applied in Scripture to the Trinity.

World Book Encyclopedia, 1975 Edition, Vol. T, p.363 - Belief in Father, Son and Holy Ghost was first defined by the earliest general council of churches. This was the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D.

New International Encyclopedia, Vol.22, p.476 - The Catholic faith is this: We worship one God in Trinity, but there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son and another of the Holy Ghost. The Glory equal - the Majesty co-eternal. The doctrine is not found in its fully developed form in the Scriptures. Modern theology does not seek to find it in the Old Testament. At the time of the Reformation the Protestant Church took aver the doctrine of the Trinity without serious examination.

Life Magazine, October 30, 1950, Vol.29, No.18, p.51 - The Catholics made this statement concerning their doctrine of the Trinity, to defend the dogma of the assumption of Mary, in an article written by Graham Greene: "Our opponents sometimes claim that no belief should be held dogmatically which is not explicitly stated in Scripture... But the PROTESTANT CHURCHES have themselves accepted such dogmas as THE TRINITY, for which there is NO SUCH PRECISE AUTHORITY in the Gospels"

It isn't hard to PROVE where this doctrine originated, when it originated and by whom it originated. Even though most will insist that it came straight from the Bible. Since the Bible does NOT give any SPECIFIC authority for such a belief, MILLIONS are told it is a "MYSTERY" which they must accept by faith, because it cannot be explained or understood.

Interestingly enough the word "Mystery" is the name of the Mother Of Harlots...

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

God is pleading to come out of her...

Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
[2] And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
[3] For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
[5] For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

The question becomes: What is the true church, and what should we be looking for?

The Five-Fold Ministry
Ephesians Chapter 4 (KJV)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

The Fruit of the Spirit
Galatians Chapter 5 (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The Gifts of the Spirit
1 Corinthians Chapter 12 (KJV)
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1 Corinthians 12:28 (KJV)
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

We see that God is the One who placed the above in His Church. And we're even told why He did. However, not everyone believes that. But, I've never met anyone who doesn't believe it who can provide Scripture(s) for when, where OR why God removes any of it from His Church. Granted, the churches of the wide gate and broad way do NOT embrace all of the above. However, the one true Church that Jesus established (the strait gate and narrow way) certainly does. Actually, the above documentation can be used as a litmus test while evaluating the beliefs of the thousands of different denominations and religious organizations in existence, today. And, in addition to that, another VERY good (and very quick) test is to determine whether they embrace the Apostles One God Monotheistic Doctrine, OR "pluralistic monotheism", that evolved out of (and traced back to) the First General Council of Churches (the Council of Nicaea) in 325 A.D. Pluralistic monotheism is a dogmatically held "theory" that is embraced by ALL of the organized (orthodox) denominations and religious organizations, today (including both Catholics and Protestants).

Thanks, and God bless!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Interesting read, enjoy'd it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Wow, that is quite a thorough investigation of the "mystery" and sure takes it places I couldn't have ever imagined. I don't mean to nitpick but you use historical data to get to certain conclusions and it's my understanding that at the time of the 1st Council of Nicaea there was no edict issued making it the official religion of the Empire. I believe that Constantine did give the Roman church preferred status which made it tax exempt but it was later, in 380AD when the Emperor Theodosius issued what is know as the Edict of Thessalonica that Nicene Christianity was made the official church of the Empire. Small detail in the overall picture but it's just one more reason I usually don't try delving too deeply into mysteries, especially those concerning Revelations. You can dig through the Bible from cover to cover  (we should do that anyway) and gain historical perspective for years on end it's it's still basically a "mystery". I personally believe that since these sorts of things don't affect one way or the other our daily walk with God, we need to be careful not to find ourselves spending so much time delving into them that we take away from our efforts to do His will. That said, I thought I'd add my understanding of the historical reference simply for historical purposes. Has little to do with your reasoning or conclusions. You end with the question "what is the true church?" and in my humble opinion, while most everything you quote seems valid and/or Biblical, I have a much simpler idea of the "true Church". The true Church exists in the hearts of those who have faith in Christ the Savior AND spend their time and efforts doing their best to FOLLOW HIS TEACHINGS.  When Jesus said upon this rock I will build my church, he was speaking of a person (Peter) not a building or a denomination.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Just in case the the OP confused some, here are just a few quotes about Holy Spirit.

It is quite a study, but the Spirit is also in the Tanach along with Yeshua and Yahweh. That makes three.

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 19:6 - And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Ephesians 1:13 - In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Luke 11:13 - If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Acts 1:8 - But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Footprint said:

While on the Isle of Patmos, God allowed John to look into the future. And he saw something with "great admiration" as recorded In Revelation 17:6. God allowed John to see the Great Whore, the Spiritual Mother of Harlots. John's wonder was NOT coming from the standpoint of desire, but rather of showing intense shock or surprise joined with indignation at her.

Let's take a look as this scene unfolds...

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
[2] With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
[3] So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
[4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
[7] And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
[8] The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Rome is known to be built upon seven hills. Rome was said to have been founded when Romulus and Remus, twin sons of Mars, ended up at the foot of the hill Palatine and founded the city. The other six hills are Capitoline (the seat of government), Quirinal, Viminal, Esquiline, Caelian, and Aventine.

History records that a Roman Emperor named Constantine was very instrumental in setting up the First General Council of Churches in 325 A.D., known as the Council of Nicaea. The Church of Rome became the Official Church of the Roman empire with Constantine as its head. This "universal" church with its man made doctrine was established so that EVERY subject of the Empire would belong to the Official Church of the Rome.

The THREE PERSON DOCTRINE which later evolved and was very clearly defined as such, was purely an orchestrated effort by Constantine designed to appease both the MONOTHEISTS (One God Christians) and the POLYTHEISTS (Multiple god pagans). From a strictly political standpoint, I guess you might say it was a brilliant move. Constantine stopped the persecution of Christians for a while so I don't guess he was all bad. However, the Roman Emperors were responsible for killing and torturing people (Christians) much like that of Hitler's Nazi death camps. The True Church was literally driven underground. As a matter of fact, the May 1976 revised edition of Halley's Bible Handbook reports on pages 761-763 "...the church was regarded as a secret society..."; "...Christians were hunted in cave and forest; they were burned, thrown to wild beasts, put to death by every torture cruelty could devise." "Christian graves are variously estimated at between 2,000,000 and 7,000,000." Papal Persecutions against Protestants in later centuries far out numbered the Early Christian Martyrs under Pagan Rome.

History also proves that the truth about one God was universally preached by the New Testament Church for many years after Christ, until the development of the "trinity" doctrine by the Roman Catholic Church.

Encyclopedia International, 1975 Edition, Vol.18, p.226 - The doctrine of the "Trinity" did not form part of the apostles' preaching, as this is reported in the New Testament.

New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967 Edition, Vol.13, p.1021 - The first use of the Latin word "trinitas" (trinity) with reference to God, is found in Tertullian's writings (about 213 A.D.) He was the first to use the term "persons" (plural) in a Trinitarian context.

Encyclopedia Americana, 1957 Edition, Vol.27, p.69 - The word "Trinity" is not in Scripture. The term "persons" (plural) is not applied in Scripture to the Trinity.

World Book Encyclopedia, 1975 Edition, Vol. T, p.363 - Belief in Father, Son and Holy Ghost was first defined by the earliest general council of churches. This was the First Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D.

New International Encyclopedia, Vol.22, p.476 - The Catholic faith is this: We worship one God in Trinity, but there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son and another of the Holy Ghost. The Glory equal - the Majesty co-eternal. The doctrine is not found in its fully developed form in the Scriptures. Modern theology does not seek to find it in the Old Testament. At the time of the Reformation the Protestant Church took aver the doctrine of the Trinity without serious examination.

Life Magazine, October 30, 1950, Vol.29, No.18, p.51 - The Catholics made this statement concerning their doctrine of the Trinity, to defend the dogma of the assumption of Mary, in an article written by Graham Greene: "Our opponents sometimes claim that no belief should be held dogmatically which is not explicitly stated in Scripture... But the PROTESTANT CHURCHES have themselves accepted such dogmas as THE TRINITY, for which there is NO SUCH PRECISE AUTHORITY in the Gospels"

It isn't hard to PROVE where this doctrine originated, when it originated and by whom it originated. Even though most will insist that it came straight from the Bible. Since the Bible does NOT give any SPECIFIC authority for such a belief, MILLIONS are told it is a "MYSTERY" which they must accept by faith, because it cannot be explained or understood.

Interestingly enough the word "Mystery" is the name of the Mother Of Harlots...

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

God is pleading to come out of her...

Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
[2] And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
[3] For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
[5] For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

The question becomes: What is the true church, and what should we be looking for?

The Five-Fold Ministry
Ephesians Chapter 4 (KJV)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

The Fruit of the Spirit
Galatians Chapter 5 (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The Gifts of the Spirit
1 Corinthians Chapter 12 (KJV)
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1 Corinthians 12:28 (KJV)
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

We see that God is the One who placed the above in His Church. And we're even told why He did. However, not everyone believes that. But, I've never met anyone who doesn't believe it who can provide Scripture(s) for when, where OR why God removes any of it from His Church. Granted, the churches of the wide gate and broad way do NOT embrace all of the above. However, the one true Church that Jesus established (the strait gate and narrow way) certainly does. Actually, the above documentation can be used as a litmus test while evaluating the beliefs of the thousands of different denominations and religious organizations in existence, today. And, in addition to that, another VERY good (and very quick) test is to determine whether they embrace the Apostles One God Monotheistic Doctrine, OR "pluralistic monotheism", that evolved out of (and traced back to) the First General Council of Churches (the Council of Nicaea) in 325 A.D. Pluralistic monotheism is a dogmatically held "theory" that is embraced by ALL of the organized (orthodox) denominations and religious organizations, today (including both Catholics and Protestants).

Thanks, and God bless!

The truth of "Mystery Babylon" is exactly what John wrote: "that great city" which he explains in another chapter and JERUSALEM. Why? Because the entire world is going to be deceived by the Antichrist and False Prophet FROM the city of Jerusalem.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

The Didache which was written prior to 100 AD in Chapter 7 says this ... 

1. Concerning baptism, baptise thus: Having first rehearsed all these things, "baptise, in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost," in running water; 

So it's an principle that Jesus Himself stated in Matthew 28,

Mat 28:19  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” 

Ignatius, the second bishop of Antioch around 110 AD in his letter to the Magnesian church said,

Study, therefore, to be established in the doctrines of the Lord and the apostles, that so all things, whatsoever ye do, may prosper both in the flesh and spirit; in faith and love; in the Son, and in the Father, and in the Spirit; in the beginning and in the end; with your most admirable bishop, and the well-compacted spiritual crown of your presbytery, and the deacons who are according to God. Be ye subject to the bishop, and to one another, as Jesus Christ to the Father, according to the flesh, and the apostles to Christ, and to the Father, and to the Spirit; that so there may be a union both fleshly and spiritual. —Epistle to the Magnesians, Chapter 13 [SR][17]

The word Trinity comes up for the first time in Theophilus of Antioch.

If you do some research, you'll find dozens of quotes from the church fathers concerning a Triune God.  

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

10 minutes ago, George said:

The Didache which was written prior to 100 AD in Chapter 7 says this ... 

1. Concerning baptism, baptise thus: Having first rehearsed all these things, "baptise, in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost," in running water; 

So it's an principle that Jesus Himself stated in Matthew 28,

Mat 28:19  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” 

Ignatius, the second bishop of Antioch around 110 AD in his letter to the Magnesian church said,

Study, therefore, to be established in the doctrines of the Lord and the apostles, that so all things, whatsoever ye do, may prosper both in the flesh and spirit; in faith and love; in the Son, and in the Father, and in the Spirit; in the beginning and in the end; with your most admirable bishop, and the well-compacted spiritual crown of your presbytery, and the deacons who are according to God. Be ye subject to the bishop, and to one another, as Jesus Christ to the Father, according to the flesh, and the apostles to Christ, and to the Father, and to the Spirit; that so there may be a union both fleshly and spiritual. —Epistle to the Magnesians, Chapter 13 [SR][17]

The word Trinity comes up for the first time in Theophilus of Antioch.

If you do some research, you'll find dozens of quotes from the church fathers concerning a Triune God.  

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

As for the Trinity, I believe in God, our Heavenly Father. I believe that Jesus Christ is indeed the Son of God. I believe that the Holy Spirit is sent of God. That said, I don't believe that means that God is a Trinity comprised of the three. Matter of fact I resist all attempts to define God in any way other than the words of Christ "God is love". There's also the description of omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. Any any rate, I believe that God is much more than can be described by human catch phrases. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

All false religions deny the deity of Christ Jesus. To deny the deity of Christ is to be a part of the Harlot. 

The phrase ho ōn kai ho ēn kai ho erchomenos Translated as "Was and is and is to come" is used five times in Revelation (1:4, 1:8, 4:8, 11:17, and 16:5) Of those times this Phrase is used it is used to describe both God the Father and Jesus who is giving the revelation to John. This Phrase in the Greek is the very same as the Name (Ha Shem) of God given to Moses for God, "The I Am that I Am" (Exo. 3:14). Jesus Himself when asked of the Pharisees about Abraham said "before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58) To which the Jews picked up stones to stone him for claiming he was God. When Thomas saw the Nail prints in Jesus hands after the resurrection he responded "My Lord and my God", Which Jesus did not correct him on, instead he said Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. (John 20:29) So, the deity  Of Christ Jesus is the very heart of the faith of a Christian in the True church of God. Anyone who teaches you otherwise is NOT a Christian.

Jesus Is the LORD,

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. (1 Cor. 12:3)

God Bless

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,395
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

That's a very accurate account of history and the church. It agrees 100% with everything I've studied. There's so much more to it a book could be written about it; Oops, many have :D

To be brief; everything started in Babylon and was passed down through history, through Rome and to the Vatican and RCC. Constantine is credited with starting the church - state, we know the atrocities committed and by whom in the inquisitions and dark age; and there's going to be a repeat of the exact same thing as clearly spoken about in Daniel, Revelation and elsewhere. There can be no mistake whom the following is:

Revelation 17:4 (KJV) And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Revelation 17:5 (KJV) And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 18:12 (KJV) The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

Revelation 17:9 (KJV) And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

I don't see how anyone could mistake the identity of this one?

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

the End Times harlot is a 'church' guilty of spiritual adultery

that is...embracing non-Christian beliefs/practices

it teaches 'there's many ways up the mountain' and 'Jesus was just a human being, a great spiritual leader, but nothing more than that...someone like the Bhudda'

that 'church' is already in evidence

it is the Unitarian 'church'

they call themselves 'free Christians'

they fully embrace unitarian universalist theology and purposely include 'multi-faith' readings/prayers in their services

some even have the accepted symbols of all world religions displayed outside their chapels

they are welcomed by many as a step toward peace and an end to religious conflict

(even the Quakers, a once staunchly Christian group, are increasingly falling prey to this tendency)

it is this 'church' that the foe will co-opt as he tries to form a 'one world government/currency/religion

it would seem that he may 'headquarter' it in Rome, seeking to ape the Headquarters of The True and Universal Holy Catholic Church

in addition...some of his agents, both witting and unwitting (freemasons, communists, rampant homosexuals), have infiltrated the Holy Catholic Church and are attempting to destroy Holy Mother Church from within

(and other churches too...check out the official position of The Holy Lutheran Church of Sweden on 'LGBT issues')

so...the End Times Harlot is readily identifiable, it is the 'one world religion' encompassing ALL world religions promoted by the antichrist and led by the false prophet

love to one and all

Pax Christi