• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

The Sign of the Son of Man.

`Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.` (Matt. 24: 29 & 30)

I believe that the prophet Zechariah reveals this `sign` to us.

`It shall come to pass in that day that there will be no light; the lights will diminish. It will be one day which is known to the Lord - neither day nor night. But in the evening time it shall happen that it will be light.` (Zech. 14: 6 & 7)

Here we see a special day that in the evening instead of becoming darker, becomes light. This, I believe is when the Lord comes in power and great glory from heaven with His angelic army towards the earth. As He comes nearer to the earth His glory shines brighter and brighter.

This has never happened before and is a clear sign to all on earth that this bright light illuminating all the earth, is coming from the heavens. It is, I believe the sign of the Son of Man appearing in heaven, immediately after the tribulation.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

The Sign of the Son of Man.

`Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.` (Matt. 24: 29 & 30)

I believe that the prophet Zechariah reveals this `sign` to us.

`It shall come to pass in that day that there will be no light; the lights will diminish. It will be one day which is known to the Lord - neither day nor night. But in the evening time it shall happen that it will be light.` (Zech. 14: 6 & 7)

Here we see a special day that in the evening instead of becoming darker, becomes light. This, I believe is when the Lord comes in power and great glory from heaven with His angelic army towards the earth. As He comes nearer to the earth His glory shines brighter and brighter.

This has never happened before and is a clear sign to all on earth that this bright light illuminating all the earth, is coming from the heavens. It is, I believe the sign of the Son of Man appearing in heaven, immediately after the tribulation.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

Zechariah 14:6-7 are after Jesus returns.

"It will be one day which is known to the Lord"

Like it is in the third heaven, where God's throne is.

The lights diminished - I think it is talking about light coming from the sun and moon.   The light will not be coming from those.

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

21 hours ago, douggg said:

Hi Marilyn,

Zechariah 14:6-7 are after Jesus returns.

"It will be one day which is known to the Lord"

The lights diminished - I think it is talking about light coming from the sun and moon.   The light will not be coming from those.

Hi douggg,

I agree that the sun and moon and stars will not give their light. And the `day` mentioned is when the Lord comes. Let`s look at the context.

`Behold the day of the Lord is coming............ I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;....It shall come to pass in that day that there will be no light;....but at evening time it shall happen that it will be light.` (Zech. 14: 1 - 7)

So we see that `the day,` is when the Lord comes and NOT after. This is the `sign of the Son of Man, ` - the glory of the Lord making the evening becoming light.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

I agree that the sun and moon and stars will not give their light. And the `day` mentioned is when the Lord comes. Let`s look at the context.

Hi Marilyn,

The verses Zechariah 14:6-7 you cited are after Jesus has returned, and has split the Mt. of Olives in half.   

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

1 hour ago, douggg said:

Hi Marilyn,

The verses Zechariah 14:6-7 you cited are after Jesus has returned, and has split the Mt. of Olives in half.   

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Hi douggg,

That information is given, HOWEVER the words `in that day,` refers to the day the Lord returns and does split the Mount of Olives etc.

`Thus the Lord my God will come and all the holy ones with Him. It shall come to pass in THAT DAY....`  (Zech. 14: 5 & 6)

Marilyn.

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douggg,

That information is given, HOWEVER the words `in that day,` refers to the day the Lord returns and does split the Mount of Olives etc.

`Thus the Lord my God will come and all the holy ones with Him. It shall come to pass in THAT DAY....`  (Zech. 14: 5 & 6)

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

Where in Zechariah 14, is the world seeing Jesus in heaven before that day?

In Revelation 6, the sixth seal, the world has to be seeing Jesus in heaven before the throne of God, in order for them to say and react the way they do in Revelation 6, the sixth seal

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

So they are trembling in fear when the sixth seal take place.   But when Jesus comes down to earth, they will have gathered their armies to make war on him.   Revelation 19:19.

So something must have convinced them to build up their courage to assemble their armies to make war on Jesus - in the time between the Sign of the Son of Man in Heaven, the sixth seal, and the day that the Son of Man comes in the clouds of heaven, in great power and glory, in Revelation 19.

The answer is in Revelation 16:13-14.

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

That day of battle is in Revelation 19 and the Zechariah 14 account.

Edited by douggg
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, douggg said:

Marilyn,

Where in Zechariah 14, is the world seeing Jesus in heaven before that day?

In Revelation 6, the sixth seal, the world has to be seeing Jesus in heaven before the throne of God, in order for them to say and react the way they do in Revelation 6, the sixth seal

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

So they are trembling in fear when the sixth seal take place.   But when Jesus comes down to earth, they will have gathered their armies to make war on him.   Revelation 19:19.

So something must have convinced them to build up their courage to assemble their armies to make war on Jesus - in the time between the Sign of the Son of Man in Heaven, the sixth seal, and the day that the Son of Man comes in the clouds of heaven, in great power and glory, in Revelation 19.

The answer is in Revelation 16:13-14.

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

That day of battle is in Revelation 19 and the Zechariah 14 account.

Hi douggg,

Each prophet (of scripture) is given some aspect of God`s purposes. The book of Revelation, the unveiling of the Lord as He is known in the heavenly realms, is the fulfilment of all that has gone before.

The 6th seal reveals the world`s armies, (& the rest of the world) gathered outside Jerusalem. The Prophet Joel reveals this.

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision, for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. The sun and moon will grow dark and the stars will diminish their brightness. The Lord will also roar from Zion and utter His voice from Jerusalem; the heavens and earth will shake....` (Joel 3: 14 & 15)

This is the same as Rev. 6: 12 - 17  & Zech. 14: 5 - 7)

Then we see in Rev. 19: 11 - 21 the Lord coming and dealing with the armies surrounding Jerusalem. 

Marilyn. 

4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

The 6th seal reveals the world`s armies, (& the rest of the world) gathered outside Jerusalem.

Hi Marilyn,

In Revelation 16:13-16, the armies assemble at Armageddon, the mountains surrounding the plain of Megiddo, 82 miles north of Jerusalem, in preparation to make war on Jesus.   

How do they know that Jesus is coming to pass judgement on them, the wicked of the world, unless the sixth seal happens first?

The sixth seal will take place.   Then over the course of the next 45 days, the kings of the earth are convinced by the beast, the false prophet, Satan, to gather their armies to make war on Jesus. 

The kings of the earth assemble their armies at Armageddon, then move down the 82 miles toward Jerusalem, taking the Jews there captive as hostages, Zechariah 14:2.   They surround the temple mount, filling in the Kidron valley, the valley of Jehoshaphat where God judges; as the beast, the false prophet, and Satan on the temple mount take their desperation stand against Jesus.

Edited by douggg

18 hours ago, douggg said:

Hi Marilyn,

In Revelation 16:13-16, the armies assemble at Armageddon, the mountains surrounding the plain of Megiddo, 82 miles north of Jerusalem, in preparation to make war on Jesus.   

How do they know that Jesus is coming to pass judgement on them, the wicked of the world, unless the sixth seal happens first?

The sixth seal will take place.   Then over the course of the next 45 days, the kings of the earth are convinced by the beast, the false prophet, Satan, to gather their armies to make war on Jesus. 

The kings of the earth assemble their armies at Armageddon, then move down the 82 miles toward Jerusalem, taking the Jews there captive as hostages, Zechariah 14:2.   They surround the temple mount, filling in the Kidron valley, the valley of Jehoshaphat where God judges; as the beast, the false prophet, and Satan on the temple mount take their desperation stand against Jesus.

Hi douggg,

Glad you pointed out that Armageddon the actual place, is to the north of Israel. The term Armageddon in general terms refers to the whole campaign - gathering at the hill of Megiddo, then going through Israel killing two-thirds of Israelis, ( Zech. 13: 8) and finally surrounding Jerusalem. This is inspired by Satan through the three demons and led by the anti-Christ and false prophet. Their intent is to wipe out Israel.

It is not until the world`s armies are actually in the valley outside Jerusalem that they see the Lord and His angelic army coming in the `clouds.`

`....for the powers of heaven will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.` (Luke 21: 26 & 27)

This is the time of the 6th seal. (Rev. 6: 12 - 17) That is when the Lord returns.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douggg,

Glad you pointed out that Armageddon the actual place, is to the north of Israel. The term Armageddon in general terms refers to the whole campaign - gathering at the hill of Mageddon, then going through Israel killing two-thirds of Israelis, ( Zech. 13: 8) and finally surrounding Jerusalem. This is inspired by Satan through the three demons and led by the anti-Christ and false prophet. Their intent is to wipe out Israel.

It is not until the world`s armies are actually in the valley outside Jerusalem that they see the Lord and His angelic army coming in the `clouds.`

`....for the powers of heaven will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.` (Luke 21: 26 & 27)

This is the time of the 6th seal. (Rev. 6: 12 - 17) That is when the Lord returns.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn

An interesting point. May I add to it a bit?

First, if one looks at the distance of 1600 furlongs in Rev. 16, it comes to about 200 miles (a bit less depending on which furlong, I think). People have compared this to Isaiah 63:1-6- (trading of the wine press)

1 Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson? Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” 

2Why are your garments red, like those of one treading the winepress? 

3 “I have trodden the winepress alone; from the nations no one was with me. I trampled them in my anger and trod them down in my wrath; their blood spattered my garments, and I stained all my clothing. 

4 It was for me the day of vengeance; the year for me to redeem had come. 

5 I looked, but there was no one to help, I was appalled that no one gave support; so my own arm achieved salvation for me, and my own wrath sustained me. 

6 I trampled the nations in my anger; in my wrath I made them drunk and poured their blood on the ground.”

It happens that the distance between Bozrah and Armageddon would match. But the depth of blood to the horse's bridle? Well it will reach that depth in a low area of the plain of Megiddo, but not actual blood. It will be the water ejected bythe asteroid of Rev.8:8. The cloud of material from the sea will have atomized (from the heat of impact) metallic content that will rust and give the blood--like appearance. the orbit of the cloud will deteriorate and come crashing in as can be seen in Eze. 28:22- And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 

And as for Rev. 6, Yes that is when the powers of heaven are shaken, they will see the FACE of Him sitting on the throne!

Face_CARM.png

MEGIDDO_PASS_AERIAL_v002.JPG