IGNORED

Pregnancy this close to Rapture/Tribulation?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings brothers and sister,

I was wondering what insight you might have about the usefulness of having children in these last last days. I know we don't know "the day and the hour" but we can't ignore the times. I really want children, and so does my unbelieving spouse but 2 miscarriages later and with the end approaching I'm wondering if this is the best decision for serving the Lord. I love to study and teach and have already envisioned a wonderful and comprehensive homeschooling curriculum, and will follow guides to make sure they successfully grow through their stages. My husband forbids the kids attending church or being taught Christianity as fact rather than my belief. Still, he's not against Christian friends and conversation per se... Other than this, my husband is a committed provider, supports traditional roles and most of Christian teachings, and is very affectionate to family (including our cats).
I think will make a very good dad. So far things seem to indicate a green light from God, but I'm still interested in what you all know or think!

Edited by SurrenderedWife
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

God is in control. Be fruitful and multiply. That is an original command. You will be blessed beyond your imagination. We must have children. Don’t be afraid!  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I think this is something you need to take in prayer and even with fasting to the Lord, to see His answer. The rapture part doesnt concern me as much as that your husband refuses to let any kids have teachings about the Lord or attend church. Altho that shouldnt be a factor in determining if you have kids or not. 

Perhaps seek advice from your doctor too. Why did you have miscarriages? Do you both have health issues that affected the babies? Is there any risks if you get pregnant again?

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, SurrenderedWife said:

I was wondering what insight you might have about the usefulness of having children in these last last days. I know we don't know "the day and the hour" but we can't ignore the times. I really want children, and so does my unbelieving spouse but 2 miscarriages later and with the end approaching I'm wondering if this is the best decision for serving the Lord. I love to study and teach and have already envisioned a wonderful and comprehensive homeschooling curriculum, and will follow guides to make sure they successfully grow through their stages. My husband forbids the kids attending church or being taught Christianity as fact rather than my belief. Still, he's not against Christian friends and conversation per se... Other than this, my husband is a committed provider, supports traditional roles and most of Christian teachings, and is very affectionate to family (including our cats).
I think will make a very good dad. So far things seem to indicate a green light from God, but I'm still interested in what you all know or think!

Has it occurred to you that God is in charge and does NOT want some folk in churches today since the doctrines are so warped. Since you are Christian you sanctify your family. God has His ways and all this trib stuff is nonsense anyway. Nobody knows and all the various 'systems' fail when looked at closely.

Concern yourself with supporting your husband and living wisely.

Do not worry, just believe and trust in the Lord.

Love mercy and do justly and walk humbly with your God.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

There is a day coming when all who are His will not only survive by faith, but thrive in the midst of the  most difficult times mankind has  ever seen.   If He can take care of adults through that time, He will have no trouble providing for an infant too :)   I think the key question (and always  has been a key question) is "Am I hearing Him and being trained to instant obedience to Who I'm hearing?"   If the answer is "yes'' then He is fully capable of inserting a new little helpless life into the times, and fully confident in His power to take care of, nurture and protect it. :)

Go as led sis...He is faithful.  There will be big changes and many trials to pass through on our  way  to the end of this age and the appearance of the  King.  Many  will not be here when He arrives.  But some will be...and they will continue  on  into the Kingdom age and repopulate it.  The little one your heart desires may well be a big part of that. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, SurrenderedWife said:

It is only my perspective but if I were young I would not bring a child into our world today. It is something you need to keep in prayer.  I am sorry that you are married to an unbeliever. That is being unequally yoked. All children will go with the Church in the rapture.  

Edited by missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, SurrenderedWife said:

All I will address here is the "last days" you mention.  You have other much more important things that need addressing, but I'll not get into those.

We have been "in the last days" since Jesus was ascended.

The last days are not a finish line that mankind is rushing towards getting more and more sinful as we go.  There is nothing new under the sun - says the Bible.  Homosexuality, rape, murder, mankind shaking his fist at God, sexual deviancy, lies, great apostasies...…..none of that is new.  The only thing I can think of that's new is that it is all televised now and one can gain access to these things at a fingertip.

The "last days" are like a cliff, so to speak, that mankind is running parallel to  like a wild herd - ever at the edge, in an instant could dive off the edge.  Mankind in Paul's days were just as horrid as they are now.  People have always questioned bringing children into the world because of the world's insanity.

The song, "Because He Lives" was written by Bill and Gloria Gather in response to their have a baby son and being worried sick about the world they were bringing him into.  That was in the 1960's.

Your primary concern is your unbelieving husband.  The question to be asked is do you want to bring children into this family where their father will forbid them to attend church or become a Christian.  You and he need to settle that issue FIRST.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, ayin jade said:

I think this is something you need to take in prayer and even with fasting to the Lord, to see His answer. The rapture part doesnt concern me as much as that your husband refuses to let any kids have teachings about the Lord or attend church ...Perhaps seek advice from your doctor too. Why did you have miscarriages? Do you both have health issues that affected the babies? Is there any risks if you get pregnant again?

Hi Ayin,

Excellent questions - I'll clarify for everyone here:

1) This is a question I prayed, fasted and consulted pastors and Christians about for the past 4 weeks. Everyone's response unanimously has been in the affirmative (or ocassionally neutral "take it up in prayer"). I was praying a long time walking on the beach and felt compelled to go this one direction and saw "Happy Wife" then a few meters later a heart. The consistent message I was getting was to love my husband and to find rest and joy in the Lord.
2)My husband doesn't forbid me teaching about Jesus or Christianity, just mandates I tell them it's "my belief" - is that against the command of following God and not men? He wants them to make up their own mind but won't forbid them if they themselves want to go. I'm not sure the details of how it will play out and I hope he would be saved before it's relevant, and I wonder if I'm just to trust God on this one.
I just haven't met another unequally yoked couple who were ABOUT to start a family rather than had one, but nothing in the Word speaks out against it. Whereas for it: 1) be fruitful and multiply 2) submit to your husband XD Still I check with believers in case I'm missing something. A few times I acted on my own solo understanding of scripture and went astray.

3) I spoke with the doctors several times (as much as we could afford). They only do the most basic tests for free (and they have been consistently pretty good), and the rest cost a fortune. I believe the government funds them after 3 miscarriages, so right now we're just guessing by symptoms. Still, I firmly believe this was God's way to bring me back to Him, because He knew what it would take for me. :( I grew up in a very health-conscious home and been a health junkie all my life, including doing diligent research rather than just trusting any odd doctor. Been eating organic, removing anti-nutrients, making everything at home from scratch and using only natural remedies. Still my health (physical and mental) worsened despite others (including husband) having apparent success with my practises. I had to fail at helping myself and realise no one else around me could help either. The doctors don't see any risk.

Justin, did you find the doctrines on the forum are less warped? There are some Youtubers I follow whose doctrines I test to be mostly sound and this is my main source of growing in God's knowledge apart from self-study. Still I won't neglect the gathering with other believers, though I would rather surround myself with others who choose to walk in truth and righteousness, no matter how hard it is. I have a Peter-like spirit of zealousness, ready to lay my life down for the Lord if called to do so! This I do in a metaphorical sense, and God help that I may do so in the physical if this be required.

Jostler, I looked into "hearing from God", and I do hear a small still voice before I do something I regret the next moment (usually surrounding hasty speech or actions). During a conversation, verses pop into my head - sometimes ones I haven't seen in almost a decade. I also see signs after prayer and fasting that have low probability of being a coincidence. Then there is the sort of 'gut feeling' that compels me to draw closer or further away from a thing like a particular song, church, teaching or person.

17 hours ago, Godismyloveforever said:

I thought you didn't have any children. So, how can your husband forbid the kids from attending church etc. ?

I don't :) We just talk about our parenting methods and such in advance, especially before committing to stay together and bring children into this world.

Missmuffet - Yes, I married him after I had become an atheist. :( I have heard that God will use our bad experiences for good when we're in Him...so I accept the hardship I brought on myself and understand that I NEED Him on a daily basis just to get through the day with my sanity and faith intact. Hopefully this means I will grow to know and love Him more than I would if I had it easy and handled all on my own. Hopefully all these unbelievers in my life will be blessed now that they have a zealous Christian around. Of course I would SOOOOOOOO love to be led by a believing husband, than kind of leading from the back, and hearing my cries perhaps God will be merciful on me and our future children. I believe God will work all things for good, even if it means nothing more than  refining my character with the refiner's fire. Perhaps I'm weak of constitution, and God's making things only lightly or moderately difficult.

My husband has not asked me to directly go against God, even after we went through a long list of God's laws (he says 'they are good to do'). He actually says he wants me to stay a Christian because it has a positive effect on my wellbeing and character. He even displays good 'Christian leadership' on occasion, like when I had a dilemma whether I should go to a big church with Christian rock and  lots of worldy parables geared at saving the unbeliever and help them in their big lost souls outreach (services giving the milk of the Word) or to a small church where the service centers around the Bible and we delve deeply.  He advised the latter as my knowledge/abilities would be wasted in the former. He was also the one who encouraged me to pray for our chronically coughing cat and I got to witness a miracle of the cough disappearing permanently. He just doesn't believe because he seems irreconcilable errors in prophecy etc. and he hasn't found convincing apologetics for, but only God knows what may convince him. I keep hearing that I'm supposed to stop trying to prove God to him, and leave it all at God's feet. This is so scary cause I worry "what if he dies tomorrow without knowing God?" so I rush it. God knows better though and actually if he's saved without my convincing, it will strengthen my faith too.

I'm homeschooling the children and will read them Christian books (as well as select secular) from a young age. There are many cute teachings I saw on patience, kindness etc. and Bible movies for kids. They can have Christian friends come over or meet at play groups. It's Sunday school specifically or being TOLD what to believe that he doesn't want, but I think I can be clever about it like Abraham was with Pharaoh? I will do my best to help them to love Jesus and the Good Book. They can contrast that with other religions or philosophies...or how their Christian mummy and friends compare to unbelievers. I feel bad for the children (but I have no grounds to divorce my husband and remarry another and can't keep beating myself up for my huge mistake). If Jesus is not coming for several more decades, I suppose my kids will at least be better leaders than the many kids born into total wickedness.

Does this change anyone's perspective? Especially Ayin and Jayne?

Edited by SurrenderedWife

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

On 8/16/2019 at 1:05 AM, SurrenderedWife said:

I was wondering what insight you might have about the usefulness of having children in these last last days. I know we don't know "the day and the hour" but we can't ignore the times. I really want children, and so does my unbelieving spouse but 2 miscarriages later and with the end approaching I'm wondering if this is the best decision for serving the Lord.

Hi Surrenderedwife,

I just wanted to share a bit of my own experience to encourage you.  I had a total of 5 miscarriages. But i consider it 6 since one of the miscarriages was twins before I had a very healthy child by natural means (no fertility treatments or taking any medications) in my 40's!  The doctors I went to couldn't understand how this could be due to my age and # of miscarriages. I told them it was God who did it.

You may be familiar with the verse below, but I included this so that you would know how God can use you in your marriage.

• 1 Corinthians 7:14, "For the Christian wife brings holiness to her marriage, and the Christian husband brings holiness to his marriage. Otherwise, your children would not be holy, but now they are holy."
  • 1 Peter 3:1-2, "In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands. Then, even if some refuse to obey the Good News, your godly lives will speak to them without any words. They will be won over by observing your pure and reverent lives."
  • 1 Timothy 4:10, "For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe."

I can see your humble attitude in wanting to do the right thing for the Lord and trust in his will for your life. 

After God's precious gift to me in my child. I did promise the Lord that I would do everything possible so that she would love and know the Lord through his Word and trust him as I do. 

• Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
On 8/17/2019 at 4:24 AM, SurrenderedWife said:

The consistent message I was getting was to love my husband and to find rest and joy in the Lord.

I think the message your received was right on target.  Keep your eyes focused on the Lord, He will take care of His own.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1