IGNORED

Pregnancy this close to Rapture/Tribulation?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/16/2019 at 3:05 AM, SurrenderedWife said:

but I'm still interested in what you all know or think!

I've been a Christian for over 40 years now.  This means that I have been living with an expectancy of the Lord's return for close to half a century.   At this point in life, I am glad I made decisions and planned for the long run rather than the possible imminent tomorrow.

I recall when I was 15 or 16 arguing with my mom that I didn't need braces for my teeth because the Lord would be returning before they'd be straight anyway.  In hindsight, decades of straightened teeth has been nice.    I recall in college of being among the Christian guys who were determined to be part of Beta Tau Rho (BTR) bachelors 'til rapture.  Three children and three grandchildren later I am glad I am married and have kids.  My retirement fund will soon be enabling me to be free to spend full time in ministry or other activities without worrying about employment.  Should the Lord tarry and I live to comparable ages to my ancestors, I should have about 2 to 3 decades more with a fair amount of financial liberty and health and mental function to have time to build a legacy for my kids, grandkids, and eventually grandkids and more.  

My advice is be spiritually prepared if the Lord returns tomorrow, but plan ahead as if His return will be a century or two from now.  I've been now hearing the very same types of things I heard decades ago about the Lord's imminent return and how terrible things are getting, etc.   Back in the late 70s and early 80s, we were completely convinced this world wouldn't be here today approaching the year 2020 that way it is, but it is.  Life goes on as it has for millennia and will keep doing so until the Lord's return which might be tomorrow or a long time from now.

Living solely as though the Lord will return tomorrow shortchanges the depth and quality of the ministry we can carry out in our lives.  If the Lord is returning tomorrow, why bother reading the bible today?  discipling someone today?  why prepare to go to the missions field?   The only two things to focus on would be last ditch evangelism where we are and making sure we are spiritually ready.    What would my life have looked like had I done this?  I'd have shortchanged those things that bring longterm spiritual health and maturity and form a solid basis for ministry in favor of being as busy as possible getting results in the next 24 hours.  I'd never have bothered learning Greek.  I'd probably not have read the Bible through as many times as I have.  I would probably have shortchanged my devotional life in favor of being busy.  I wouldn't have studied biblical history and theology nearly as much as I have.  I wouldn't have been involved in as many ministries as I have.

With regard to raising kids, the important thing is following God's leading.  In what rates as one of the more insane parenting moves recorded in the Bible, following God's guidance in her heart, Hannah left Samuel as a young child solely in the care of Eli along with his two sons who did evil in the sight of the Lord.    If you are not familiar with her, you might want to read about Susanna Wesley.  In the long run, the example you set will have a strong influence.  I've known Christians kids that did great in public school and some that didn't, some that did good in private Christian schools and some that did not, and some that did good with homeschooling and some that did not.  It is about seeking God's guidance and direction for each child (which might be different from his or her siblings).

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I am glad my kids went to school years ago. I could not send them to the public schools we have today. 

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

My granddaughter is expecting in December and we are thrilled.  They will need prayer for godly wisdom in raising children today.  I agree with Gandalf.  They were saying the same things in 1900.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Willa said:

My granddaughter is expecting in December and we are thrilled.  They will need prayer for godly wisdom in raising children today.  I agree with Gandalf.  They were saying the same things in 1900.

Only in the nineteen hundreds the world and nations were no where near this reprobate as in the last at most twenty , but especially ten years .

There is no need to cease activities , in fact let us only increase in doing all things , spreading the gospel ,  edifying the churches .

But rest assured the signs have never been so clear .  

Has there always been evil n the world and has it slowly progressed ,  YES .

But as of this last and latest generation I have Never seen it blossom like this .   And I aint even that old .

And not only has it morphed ,  man does it seem to only speed up faster and faster and not just in America

but the entire world .

I think we can learn Something VERY WELL about Sodom .      Remember when God also tells the jews , YE are as Sodom

and that they no longer even hide their sins ,  BUT CELEBRATE IT for all to see .

That is a key .

We all know Sodom was ended .    And if we read we see where God even tells the Jews to go around the amorites   , because their inquity had not yet reached the full .

But that four generations later , it would and then they did later destroy the amorites .

SO know and understand that GOD does not destroy TILL the inquity has reached the full .

SO lets look again at Sodom .     It no longer hid squat ,   it was CELEBRATING and honoring SIN for all to see . CELEBRATING .   CELEBRATING it right in the streets .

AND this next thing is key too .    What did this lead too .

Not only had they waxed so full they were bold and celebrated it .  BUT THEY REACHED THE POINT to where they flat out refused correction

and went after LOTT when he did try and tell them not to do so wickedly .    LOTT was trying to keep the peace as best he could

and even said HERE take my daughters ,  BUT THEY WERE NOT having it .  THEY did not LIKE being told not to do what they LOVED TO DO .

So now they were going to deal worse with LOTT.

Forward to the baker .    NOW VISUALIZE THIS for it will help us all to TRULY SEE THE DAYS WE IN and it will get ONLY WORSE .

And in the evening they surrounded the cake bakers shop .   And they said , COME OUT and YOU WILL BAKE A CAKE FOR OUR WEDDING .

And the baker came out and said ,   THIS I cannot do ,   for it is not permitted ,  HERE , I will gladly offer you some other things .

AND what was the response ...................WE WILL TAKE YOU TO COURT NOW .

I AMTELLING US ,  we are IN THE LAST DAYS and we need to both know and be ready .     Because I have never seen it like this world wide

where every sin under heaven is about honored , no longer hid , boys can be girls , same sex and its all honored and if one does not accept it

THEY WILL HUNT the earth and try and destroy their livelhoods .    AND IT WILL GET WORSE . BUT TIME IS RUNNING OUT .   IT TRULY IS .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Living solely as though the Lord will return tomorrow shortchanges the depth and quality of the ministry we can carry out in our lives.  THIS IS SO NOT TRUE . 

RATHER ODD its having the opposite EFFECT ON ME .     ITS Like BE YE READY for ye know not the day nor hour .......

That is all human reasoning .  JESUS even told the church , IF ye will NOT WATCH then I willcome on you as a THEIF .

And it sure sounds to me like most churches even NO longer watch nor even say Behold the coming of the LORD draws nigh .

At most they mock folks like me .

But then LOTT seemed as one who did MOCK unto his own sons in laws .  THIS TOO IS JUST another SIGN of the times .

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

5 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Living solely as though the Lord will return tomorrow shortchanges the depth and quality of the ministry we can carry out in our lives.  THIS IS SO NOT TRUE . 

RATHER ODD its having the opposite EFFECT ON ME .     ITS Like BE YE READY for ye know not the day nor hour .......

That is all human reasoning .  JESUS even told the church , IF ye will NOT WATCH then I willcome on you as a THEIF .

And it sure sounds to me like most churches even NO longer watch nor even say Behold the coming of the LORD draws nigh .

At most they mock folks like me .

But then LOTT seemed as one who did MOCK unto his own sons in laws .  THIS TOO IS JUST another SIGN of the times .

I think the OP was looking for insight into whether bringing a child into the current world was wise or not.  Might want to  try to relate to the question asked?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jostler said:

I think the OP was looking for insight into whether bringing a child into the current world was wise or not.  Might want to  try to relate to the question asked?

Jostler ,   its just the way it is man .       Ps ,   the good news is all babies and small children will escape the wrath o GOD anyway .

So do as she pleases . ONLY I would for sure homeschool cause this generation and its schools allow the most wicked and perverse junk right in the doors .

And I will be honest , no matter how non inclusive this sounds ,   if my kids were small,  NO WAY would I allow that wicked agenda to be taught to them . NO WAY . 

You be blessed now ,  do be encouraged .

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 8/16/2019 at 3:15 AM, ayin jade said:

I think this is something you need to take in prayer and even with fasting to the Lord, to see His answer. The rapture part doesnt concern me as much as that your husband refuses to let any kids have teachings about the Lord or attend church. Altho that shouldnt be a factor in determining if you have kids or not. 

Perhaps seek advice from your doctor too. Why did you have miscarriages? Do you both have health issues that affected the babies? Is there any risks if you get pregnant again?

@SurrenderedWife I concur with this counsel from ayin jade. I will pray the Lord guides you in this difficult situation.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 8/16/2019 at 3:05 AM, SurrenderedWife said:

I think will make a very good dad. So far things seem to indicate a green light from God, but I'm still interested in what you all know or think!

My wife and I had these same questions when we started our family in 1975...    I wouldn't worry about it since God will take care of us no matter what comes in the future.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Frienduff, thank you for sharing another sign. I also agree we should be aware of the times so that 1) We are not deceived by the Antichrist! 2) Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Few reasons (besides the great falling away you mentioned) why I think the end will come in our lifetime:
1) Israel is a nation now for 70 years - look up the "fig tree generation" and consider the words "this generation shall not pass away until all these things are fulfilled"

Hosea 6:2 - After two days will he revive us[Jews]: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

2 Peter 3:8 - ...one day is with the Lord as a thousand years...

Has it almost been 2000 years since the Jews were cast off? It's been almost 2000 since Jesus died on the cross and the church age began...

2) The Jews are pretty much ready to build their temple the moment they can sort out their political situation, which is leaning more and more towards a Psalm 83 or Gog-Magog war

3) Technology is making a lot of end times possible with everyone seeing the 2 witnesses dead, and there are ways to control people's access to buying and selling (through digital currencies, microchips, drones etc)

4) We're expecting a solar minimum around 2030, which means the sun will lose it's power and we will experience a cooling and darkening on the planet (Rev 8:12). Underground fresh water is already found by the dead sea that would make it alive again, and the land is obviously preparing itself to be the world's most fertile once again - the perfect setup for Christ's reign. 

Somehow I wasn't able to get hold of anyone teaching we're in the end times to ask if it's right to have children now. Still, it is possible they may grow up yet to be an important Christly influence in this wicked generation. I'm aware that they would be raptured if young, it's just about what's most worthwhile to do for the Lord with my time.

I will try to remain flexible about where God would want our children to be, despite our preferences for homeschooling. I'm fairly certain I would not give them up to daycare. There's no benefit in that.

LovetheLord,

You remind me of how we are humbled and purified in our suffering. You put God first in your thinking and praise Him when it would be expected more from someone who has a SWEET life, rather than a painful one.  I can't imagine the horror of so many miscarriages, and it's humbling for me to hear. I'm so glad you told the doctor that, when they had no other explanation! I'm sure that got them thinking... :) How is your lovely baby, and your husband?

I have a burden for lost souls, and I did find a ministry in my city that trains people on soul-winning and actually go out to do it! I will see if I can find a way to meet them (they are far away). Perhaps I can find fruitfulness in being both a wife and evangelist, unless it becomes absolutely clear to do one or the other.

• This is Worthy 1