IGNORED

Hell

Guest Evgen

11 minutes ago, appy said:

...an ability we do not have.

Do we have the ability to "populate?"

Actually the bible does not give an exact location of hell, any place we think is the location is purely speculation, not fact.

Please see the Scriptures in my post once again as for that position.

Scripture explicitly says that hell was created for satan and the rebelling angel of his.

Again, see the Scriptures in my post as for the "population" of hell.

...after we die there is no second chance to be cleansed of the guilt of immorality.

That contradicts your previous words and confirms mine.

For the rest of your comment, there nothing new (to me) there.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by Evgen
formatting

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This has already been said but I feel I must repeat it. Hell wasn't created by man nor by man's sins. If anything it was created by the evil angels sins. They are the beings God meant to send there. And no, God is not going to forgive them. Think about what they did. Their first great sin was to attack God and cause a war in Heaven. Heaven is a place of beauty and love but for a short time it became a place of violence. God can't forgive them because He can never trust them again. I know I certainly wouldn't. Their second great sin happened in the Garden of Eden where Satan made it impossible for God to coexist with man on a corporal plane. Somehow the devils got wind that God had a plan to redeem mankind so at least 200 angels attempted to thwart God's plan. (now I know not everyone believes this but this idea was well known in Jesus day) Gen. 6: 1 - 4 tell us the sons of God had children with the daughters of men producing a race of giants known as the Nephilim. The idea was to pollute the DNA of men so Jesus could not be born. I recommend you read the first book of Enoch. It's not to be considered as inspired scripture but it does say things that are probably true. It sheds light on some difficult passages of the Bible and Paul & Jude both quote from it. Enoch 1 was also found among the Dead Sea scrolls proving the ancient Jews often read it.

Now about Hell being an unending torture I can only give you my opinion. Since I also believe God is love incarnate I don't think He's going to torture anyone endlessly, certainly not humans. I think unrepentant humans will be in Hell and agony until the Day of the Lord. But I think humans thrown into the lake of fire will be burned up, that is consumed by the flames. Possibly the evil angels will also be annihilated because Psalms 82 says these disrespectful angels (usually called gods. but the Hebrew word is Elohim so we know it's not speaking of men) this Psalm says these angels will die like men. I'm not sure what that means but maybe it means they too will cease to exist in the 2nd death.   

Sorry this is so long.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JTC said:

Sorry this is so long.

Not only long but wrong as well. I don't agree and stay on my opinion on. Respectfully.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

@Evgen

It was ok. I think it was human reasonings trying to understand hell, by the written words of scripture. Many people have tried, some better some worse. But what matters is what your hearts says. If it tells you your on track have that faith between you and God, and write what He places on your heart... For if they are indeed from God, God will in His time produce His fruit. So it was a interesting read....

I, like all have my understanding of hell, which is the opposite of Heaven. Heaven being total order, hell being total disorder. But my thoughts are just mine with my understanding of what I mean. 

So to God goes our attention that we might grow in Him and be conformed to Him in all things. 

Be blessed in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

3 minutes ago, Not me said:

@Evgen

So it was a interesting read....

Be blessed in Christ, Not me 

Be blessed, Friend.

Sorry for the custom to hide a name in a way to make it impossible even to say Brother or Sister in Christ. Why not to pen-name ourselves Jack or Mark, Mary-S or Lydia-K?

Thanks again.

Igor Evgen (pen name)

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

24 minutes ago, Evgen said:

Be blessed, Friend.

Sorry for the custom to hide a name in a way to make it impossible even to say Brother or Sister in Christ. Why not to pen-name ourselves Jack or Mark, Mary-S or Lydia-K?

Thanks again.

Igor Evgen (pen name)

You too, blessings  as we pursue Christ. 

You can go to the profile page to learn about the gender of a member if the need arises. I had to once, I made a joke, or what I meant as a joke, it turned out I was speaking to a different gender and the joke was not seen as such. So I apologized and learned a lesson. 

Not me  

1 minute ago, Not me said:

You can go to the profile page to learn about the gender of a member if the need arises.

Thank you. Simple & useful way. Igor :)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

3 hours ago, Evgen said:

Not only long but wrong as well. I don't agree and stay on my opinion on. Respectfully.

Igor, it's fine if you don't agree but what do you think is wrong? If you're referring to my opinion that humans are burned up and annihilated in the 2nd death I admitted that's my opinion. But if you mean that the gods mentioned in Psalm 82 verses 1 & 6 are not spiritual beings aka angels, then you need to take a long hard look at Psalms 82. Or was it the sons of God in Gen 6? You'll read many things on this board you'll never hear in church. My guess is the average pastor doesn't know but he might also fear for his job.

Edited by JTC
spelling

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hell is when the Lord comes like a thief in the night, and removes His Spirit from those who have chosen this world's iniquities. This is when the Lord's people will be greatly illumined, while the unbelieving world will be in gross darkness without the Lord (Isaiah 60:2)

Isaiah 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

11 hours ago, Evgen said:

Agree wholeheartedly. In my post (and book) I just guessed that that fire is spiritual. Brother Calvin thought the same.

I always interpret a passage literally unless it is stated otherwise in context.  Nothing indicates that this would be "spiritual" fire.  For instance, Mat 3:16  And when Jesus was baptized, He went up at once out of the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he [John] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on Him.   Like a dove means it is not literally a dove.  There is nothing is the passages I quoted that indicate it is like fire or like hell fire or could possibly be interpreted as spiritual.  It is what it is.

• This is Worthy 1