• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

I was thinking, if I had posted this below or not, so I thought it may be a good idea to remind myself to put it online again to share.

If we are not willing to forgive others, we become spiritual cripples because God will not continue to forgive us. Here is what Jesus about this " For if you forgive people their trespasses their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

But if we do not forgive others their trespasses (their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go and giving up resentment), neither will your Father forgive you your trespasses. Matthew 6:14-15

We must choose to forgive others if we are to get the forgiveness we so desperately need from our heavenly Father. As we forgive others, a barrier between us and the Lord comes down and we begin to receive more and more of His loving forgiveness.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Walter and Deborah, 

My main motivation in trying to forgive others (sometimes very very hard) is that I don't want this hindering my relationship with the Lord. Plus, in the end we are only gifting ourselves with peace that God will bring to our heart.  When I think back to all those I've forgiven in the past, the healing wasn't instant but it eventually  did come. That anger, maybe even hate, resentment and hurt is destructive enough to cause health issues and effect our spirits!

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

We must choose to forgive others

That is some many overlook. We must choose..an action. Not passively wait until we feel like we have forgive others. Sometimes it takes prayer for our hearts to soften and that He enables us to forgive.

To me it is a command from Him..to forgive. 

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

That is some many overlook. We must choose..an action. Not passively wait until we feel like we have forgive others. Sometimes it takes prayer for our hearts to soften and that He enables us to forgive.

To me it is a command from Him..to forgive. 

Amen

1 hour ago, lovethelord said:

Walter and Deborah, 

My main motivation in trying to forgive others (sometimes very very hard) is that I don't want this hindering my relationship with the Lord. Plus, in the end we are only gifting ourselves with peace that God will bring to our heart.  When I think back to all those I've forgiven in the past, the healing wasn't instant but it eventually  did come. That anger, maybe even hate, resentment and hurt is destructive enough to cause health issues and effect our spirits!

Yeah, it like the above for me also.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Under Law we had to forgive to be forgiven......we are not under law any more.....we are under Grace......In this present Age of Grace, we are Already forgiven, and the motive for  forgiveness has changed. If God has forgiven a wretch like me, I should becable to forgive others...... “ having forgiven you from all your sins.....” Col2:13