• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Actually, the book of Jasher (Joshua 10:13; 2 Samuel 1:18) says that Abram went to live with Noah when Nimrod demanded Terah to bring the new born as a sacrifice. Terah took a servant's child instead. This is why, seemingly out of the blue, God called on a man from Ur to be His chosen. The back story is not recorded, but that is why Abram knew about the God of Adam and Eve via Noah. These books, mentioned in the scriptures, fill in some of the information. As an example for illustrative purposes, just like the "Life and times of George Washington" would contain much more detail than a history book on President George Washington. Peter and Jude quoted the book of Enoch and they're not part of the deemed word of God.

Also, Abraham left Haran when Noah died, not Terah. The genealogical account of the scriptures point this out. Abraham was 58 when Noah died and Terah was 128 years old when Noah died.

I haven't had a lot of luck in getting non bible information accepted in most of the threads. That is why I didn't mention it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

But Yahweh would not be punished if Abraham broke his end of the covenant, as you suggested.  Yahweh would only be at consequence if He did keep His end of the deal - which of course is absurd to think He wouldn't.

So this is where I need help. The sermon I heard on this stated that this Scripture was  a foreshadowing of the New Covenant. The suggestion was that at some point God’s people did in fact break a covenant with God, and therefore God himself was punished(torn to pieces) on the cross through the body of Christ.

In the sermon  the pastor says “God  said that if Abraham breaks the covenant may I (meaning God) be torn to pieces.” It was essentially God’s way of making sure Abraham and his descendants did not suffer the consequences of breaking the covenant. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

God alone passed through the pieces of dead animals. The covenant was sealed by God alone. Nothing depended on Abraham. Everything depended on God, who promised to be  faithful to His covenant. Abraham and his descendants could trust and believe in everything God promised. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

24 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

So this is where I need help. The sermon I heard on this stated that this Scripture was  a foreshadowing of the New Covenant. The suggestion was that at some point God’s people did in fact break a covenant with God, and therefore God himself was punished(torn to pieces) on the cross through the body of Christ.

In the sermon  the pastor says “God  said that if Abraham breaks the covenant may I (meaning God) be torn to pieces.” It was essentially God’s way of making sure Abraham and his descendants did not suffer the consequences of breaking the covenant. 

The covenants are linked. Same God same Yeshua. The other stuff is entirely incorrect. Just nonsense.

Yeshua was "the Lamb slain from before the foundation of the world". That pastor has a lot of unscriptural ideas it seems. Silly and very misleading. See my other post on this topic. 

Nothing ever surprised the Lord God.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, George said:

Listen @Abdicate and @enoob57 ... let's simply talk the subject at hand.  I've already deleted a bunch of posts that veered from the topic itself.

@Abdicate -- I think the point that Enoob is making is you have to be careful to equate the Book of Jasher to actual Scriptures and when you do so, this can be problematic.

@Enoob -- There is interesting information that can be found in the book of Jasher, but it's certainly not Scripture.   To add to the conversation a point from the book of Jasher to the conversation ... just makes the conversation more interesting!  :)

Have a blessed Shabbat ya'll -- enjoy life ... and don't lose your joy over a post!  :)

People need to be cautious when reading the book of Jasher. The book of Jasher was lost and has not survived to our modern times. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

The covenants are linked. Same God same Yeshua. The other stuff is entirely incorrect. Just nonsense.

Yeshua was "the Lamb slain from before the foundation of the world". That pastor has a lot of unscriptural ideas it seems. Silly and very misleading. See my other post on this topic. 

Nothing ever surprised the Lord God.

I may have misunderstood the sermon. May listen to it again today.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

I may have misunderstood the sermon. May listen to it again today.

I misunderstand Scripture all the time. That is why I often do a research and listen to the perspective of a trusted online ministry. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

It's not going to stop me. I really believe, but I'm speaking to myself, how much we're destroyed by lack of knowledge. I've been a Christian for over 41 years and I'm learning things now I wish I had known back then. I never realized how much bias from the Catholic church made it into the translations. So many traditions were set in 365 AD and the reformation didn't happen until the 1500's. Then came the Dead Sea Scroll discovery and other documents to really shed light on the war in the spirit realm and the physical realm and how we can be a part of it. Anyhow, thanks for the comment. :)

When I talk with people it seems that 1 or 2 out of ten know who the watchers were/are.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

It is really silly how the seminaries have twisted the obvious meanings of the scriptures - ALL OF THEM.

When the apostle said "all scriptures are of benefit.." he did not refer to the NT which was not yet compiled.

He was referring to the scrolls he had available (more than we ever thought of today) including much Hebraic literature and EVEN some pagan stuff. It can be of benefit to have information. Then we have a better chance at COMMUNICATION. Our pastors (bless their efforts) have hoodwinked us to believe it is OK to watch risque stuff on the TV and in books and the media - but don't you DARE read what Yeshua and the apostles read along with Hebraic commentaries. DUHH. What a disconnect!!

Of course they do not want you to understand. It might make sense then. We cannot have Believers that ACTUALLY know what they believe. Qumran discoveries really upset their apple-cart!!

Then, sadly, old school Christian yell APOSTASY when we read stuff that gives us a really clear view of God and His Cosmic Geography. It is a very pernicious view of scriptures and ancient writings to disavow what the Lord God has made available to us. If you think Qumran was an 'accident' just go and look into some of the findings and the scripts and commentaries.

God is NOT mocked, and for centuries, 'christians' have mocked God. They performed many decades of 'discussions' about what was 'canon'. Centuries. They threw out some good stuff. Then they made it a sin unto death to actually read anything for yourself. Now we have a similar 'inquisition' about what we should or should not study. Why? Because we are afraid of what we might find and the 'church' at large certainly is afraid of what it cannot understand since generally, doctrine has lobotomized them.

I have news for you. God does not recognize our 'canon' as the end, but as the beginnings of understanding. He is far bigger than that.

For the Lord, I believe, that EVERYTHING is canon to Him since He is the MASTER of creation and the One Who Saves. Else we deny Holy Spirit and try to pretend we can think for Him. How presumptuous and vain can we be? 

Our scripture does NOT need protection from us. It will stand for as long as the Lord wants it to. On its own merits and without exceptions. "Until heaven and earth pass away."

Edited by Justin Adams