• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

4 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Ok. Please bear with me as I try to understand.

God can and does heal, but it is His choice? We can ask, but it's up to Him?

So if, for reasons we may never know, He chooses not to heal at a given time or ever in this world, it may not be due to a failing on our part?

I am thinking of the last chapters of Job where God chooses not to explain, but states His right to direct our lives as He wills.

I believe if God allows one of his own to remain sick it is for their own good and growth. Paul was one of God’s most faithful Saints, but the Lord allowed him to be struck by satan. It kept him humble.

In times of afflictions and sickness we tend to seek God’s face more. I suffered with severe Psoriasis for nearly 20 yrs. I prayed for healing everyday over that time period. Praise his Holy name he finally healed me last year.

I learned so much through that process. Looking back, even though it was a nightmare, it has strengthened me in my faith. We can trust God to do right by us in all things and every situation. His discipline is good for us.  There are some devout saints who are sick right now, and it is by the will of God.

Psa 119:71  It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

What has been hinted at here in this discussion, but never brought into the light is, ...God is Sovereign, ...He does what He wants to do and isn't required to answer to anyone or answer our questions.

In saying that I have the faith that God can heal me and then in my heart think, ...God, because you have said this in Your Word, I'm praying in faith and because You have said it, You have to heal me, ...wrong, ...that's me claiming what His Word says and then me telling God what He must do, ...that makes me sovereign instead of God! 

I've been healed by Father many, many times in my life time of 70 years, as a child raised in a cult I didn't ask Him to heal me, I just believed there is a God and He healed me, dying from an overdose of LSD, no Scriptural references, no prayer of faith, ...just a fearful knowledge that I was going to Hell so I called out His name, a carpenter diagnosed with two disintegrated discs by three different doctors, and six years later I found out from another doctor they were healed, x-rays showed a complete healing, all of those healings before I became a born again child of God, ...after being born again I was hit head on in a car accident, my pickup looked like the Green Giant had bent it into a U shape and then gave it a 1/4 turn twist, I walked away with a bloody nose and two cracked ribs, the first responders said I should of been killed, no prayer of faith, instead again I just called out to Jesus...,

...here in Tahiti, after a hurricane I was cleaning the road with a chainsaw and a large tree branch fell into fork in the trunk, I put my shoulder under it and lifted, the branch didn't move, but I felt the same intense pain in my lower back that I had felt with the two disintegrated discs back in the States, but this time I couldn't walk, I crawled home on my hands and knees, crawled into my bed and just thought in my head, "what am I going to do now?" ...the next morning my cat jumped onto the bed, gave me her feed me now meow, so I jumped out of bed and was in the kitchen before I realized I had been completely healed, ...again, no prayer for healing in faith,  ...I was infected with the Dengue fever, believe me you do not want to ever have Dengue fever, ...got out my Bible and prayed in faith, claiming, "Lord, by your stripes I'm healed!" ...14 days later it had run it's course in ravishing my body, the fever broke, ...just like the doctor told me and I was healthy again, ...did I not have enough faith to be healed, I had the faith to ask, ...I had my feet tangled in the extensions cord in the bed of my pickup and fell over the side with my feet still in the bed and tore the ligaments in both knees, ...again I prayed in faith for the Lord to heal me, no, 6 months later was my first operation and I've had 4 more since then, ...why wasn't my prayer of faith answered? It was 6 months later, because that was when I finished the remodel I was working on, ...for six months the doctor had me on antibiotics, ...which gave me high blood pressure, the high blood pressure medicine in turn gave me diabetes, I have prayed in faith claiming Scripture, but I'm not healed, ...one day in my carpentry shop I reached down to pick up a very large piece of Melamine and instead of lifting it as usual, ... I tore my biceps muscle loose from the bone and snapped the tendons in 4 places, ...the surgeon told me my body was too abused from hard work and he couldn't operate, ...just said to let nature take it's course, ...3 months of immobilization and 3 more months of physical therapy, I was to report to him 10 days later after the swelling had gone down for more x-rays, ...my arm in a sling, I asked him when he knew I wold be healed, he said when I could take my am out of the sling and put my hand in my pocket and then put my arm back in the sling, ...I said, "like this?" ...and did what he said, healed!!! ...without any claiming of Scripture and no prayer in faith, ...went to an ophthalmologist for cataracts, he said yes I have cataracts, but then he became trigger happy with his laser to fuse some lesions and burned a hole in my eye, ...panic, immediately surgery, went to the hospital and photographed the hole in my eye, scheduled me for surgery 3 days later, ...for three days I didn't have any peace about the operation, but went to the hospital anyway, ...found out they had scheduled the same operation by the same surgeon at the same time, gave up my place to the other patient and, out the door I went,  after looking on the internet and all of the complications of the surgery with a success rate of less than 25 %, ...vowed I wold lose the sight in my eye rather than have the operation, 6 months later my boss convinced me to go to his ophthalmologist, ...which I did (in total peace this time because no matter what I was not going to have the operation), I went and told him I had a hole in my eye, he looked and looked and looked and couldn't find the hole, ...he said to meet him at the hospital, their machine was newer than his and more modern, again, he looked and he looked and he looked, ...finally he said, "there's no hole in this eye, who told you about having a hole in your eye?" ...I said, "they photographed my eye here, on this machine," he searched the memory and printed out the photo, ...yep, a hole in my eye, ...Father just healed my eye without me praying in faith to be healed, ...this is too long already to talk about the Chickungunya (100 times worse than the Dengue), about the food poisonings and other sickness that I offered up prayers of faith claiming, "by your stripes I'm healed", and Heaven was silent.

It seems I was healed more often before and after I was born again without praying in faith than the times I have prayed in faith and claiming Scripture, ...do I believe we should pray in faith, absolutely! Does Father always answer our prayers of Faith, sometimes, but not always, ...why?

...because He is Sovereign, ...and we must believe and in faith accept that. 

A little about demons, ...there are many demonic forces active here and like the Holy Spirit warned us through Paul, don't be surprised to find them behind the pulpit:

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.    2 Cor 11:14-15 

I have talked with many who claim they have been healed by God, but with deeper investigation I find they dabbled in the occult, when I asked them when they became sick or injured they all say after they left the occult, then they start attending some off of the wall church here and the Lord healed them in the Name of Jesus, ...but, ...they don't know the Gospel,  there is no repentance in their lives, there is no Love of the Word, Bible Study is boring to them, ...no agape love for fellow believers, ...they are prideful, arrogant, haughty with an attitude that they are better than others because the Lord healed them, ...still living in sin.

What probably happened is when they left the occult a demon struck them and then when they started attending a so called church, ...not the Church of Jesus, they were healed, convinced, because of their healing they are saved, going to heaven and it seems nothing can convince them otherwise, ...their faith is in their healing and not in Jesus and the finished work of the Cross! 

Just saying...

Lord bless      

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Wow! I have to say you're a very fast reader, or you just choked on the first verse. See how theology changes what the word of God says? Here's what Romans says:

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Save: σῴζω (sozo) 

1. to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction, one (from injury or peril)

2. to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health

3. to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue

Amen, we serve a great God :) Is anything to big for for our God?

I’ m not trying to argue with you but there are many born again Christians who don't get healed and many who do get healed :)

Bless you brother :)

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Paul prayed to be healed from an eye problem and he didn't get healed, did he lack faith? Absolutely not, he learned to be content in every situation, he went through a lot of hardship, a beautiful daughter from my friend died of bowel cancer, she was going to get married and she was a strong Christian, so is her Mom, she was a beautiful Christian and witness to everybody in the hospital  ,people could sense Jesus and the angels in de room but she died , many were praying for her, did she have lack of faith, nope, God used her to be a witness to other people, the nurses and doctors were amazed about her faith, my friends husband died of   R.A. in his lungs, he also was a witness to many in the hospital , he felt sad for the nurses who had to take the plug out to let him die, they were amazed by his faith, they loved him in the hospital. God does not heal everybody no matter what people think. In my opinion it's false teaching to think that people always get healed, we can't use name and claim healing, of course He can heal at the moment, but that doesn't happen every time somebody is sick and asked for healing. We live in a fallen world and sickness and death came after the fall in the garden in Eden.Some day God will restore the earth and sickness and pain will be no more  (It is very biblical to ask the elders to pray for you and you will get healed but in Gods time.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

4 hours ago, angels4u said:

We are healed by His stripes, this verse talks about salvation not really bodily healing but the healing will come if we accept Jesus either now or later. :)

Mat 8:16  That evening they brought to him many who were oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick.

Mat 8:17  This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: "He took our illnesses and bore our diseases."

This verse does refer to healing of the body and deliverance.

I know several people who have said when they were healed, first the oppressive  fear left them.  That happens as soon as we realize it is just an attack of the enemy, and he is the father of lies who wants to steal our joy so we don't have to believe him.  My friend who was healed of a melon sized tumor in her liver said that the fear had entered her when she was afraid of starving to death, a widow having no food or money for some time.  She was in the hospital and her organs were shutting down from the cancer when several other friends visited her and had a night vigil praying for her and wrestling  with a spirit of cancer before the fear finally left. It took 9 months for the tumor to finally disappear but at the end there was no trace of cancer in her.  

I have had fear grip me that way and then realize it was the enemy and a lie.   But the fact is that I knew a faith healer who died believing for her healing.  She was the daughter of John G. Lake, who perhaps was a charlatan but many still taught from his books and letters, including his daughter.  She refused to go to the doctor, or even take an enema when she was constipated, but that eventually became an impaction and she died.  My good friend was by her side.  God does intend for us to use practical things to care for ourselves.  We are not to refuse to use what is at hand.  That is tempting God, like jumping off the high mountain expecting God to catch us, and failing to open the parachute on our back.  

God's promises are yes and Amen.  Yet I have seem people believe for the healing of a baby but have the baby die, and then have the church condemn them for their lack of faith.  Their grief was so compounded that they left that church.  People who are in excruciating pain are just trying to exist, and we need to lift them up in prayer for their healing as we did my husband.  He was healed when our pastors anointed him with oil and prayed for him..  The nerve pain was goin in a few hours. It was the prayers of faith that heal him when he couldn't believe for himself.   God does heal and His word is yes and Amen.  But we need to weep with those who weep and not cast blame.  We rejoice with those who rejoice.  We can rejoice even in the promises of God's word.  

I agree with George.  Most of what Abdicate said was good teaching.  However, without love we are nothing, and we need to have compassion on those who mourn and not condemn them.  We can encourage and lift up those who are suffering, intercede and believe for them. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

Beside the Truth/Reality that God is Sovereign, ...here's another important Truth/Reality that has been overlooked in this thread, ...one of the Names of God is Jehovah Rapha, ...the God who heals, ...the Truth/Reality is Father has been healing us from the day we were conceived, ...as an embryo in our mother's womb, ...I don't think anyone can claim they prayed to God for healing claiming Scripture then, after we were born the white corpuscles in our blood are like soldiers, they go to the infected area in our body, ...some sacrifice themselves by being infected and are carried back to the laboratory (who knows where that is in our body) are analyzed, a cure is found and carried back to fight the infection and we are healed. How many times has that happened in our lives without us even knowing about it, ...let alone pray claiming Scripture to be healed?

Since the time of the Flood and the water canopy around the earth collapsed allowing the subatomic particles from the sun to pass through our bodies Father has been healing every human on the planet without any prayer of faith and claiming of Scripture, ...they obviously cause damage to our bodies because the life span of humans living before the Flood was close to 1,000 years and now has been reduced to less than 100.   

The television charlatans that claim they can heal, ...supposedly by faith, ...but the poor pigeons that fall into their trap are encouraged to pay for the healing, ...is a very recent heresy in the last days of the Church. There are very few certifiable healings in this crowd, ...but more important, which is the devil's strategy in this charade, ...is to produce disciples to preach the heresy.

After saying that, ...do I believe Father heals when His children come before Him in prayer, of course, He has used me to lay hands on some to be healed and they were, however, ...He also has told me before we pray that the sick person is not going to be healed, but die, ...does that keep us from continuing in praying, no, ...we continue in faith in the hope Father will repent and heal the sick person. 

There is a very important spiritual lesson to be learned from the story of Jesus changing water into wine, if we come before Him as Mary did and tell Him the problem expecting Him to resolve it, there was a respectful and loving rebuke, "Woman (not mother) that's not my problem, it's the problem of those that planned the wedding,"  ...we see that Mary came to Him in the authority of being His mother, usurping His Sovereignty, however, after Mary understood her mistake she fell back on her knowledge of His character, that God is Good and God is Love, ...for 30 years she had observed Jesus always helping those in need without them asking Him, ...since we read in the Word He knew the thoughts of His enemies, that tells us He also knew the thoughts of those in need around Him in Nazareth, ...we will probably never know how many times a broken piece of furniture brought home from the trash heap was repaired in His carpentry shop and returned anonymously to the family in need, ...but Mary knew, ...that's why she told the servants, "Do whatever He tells you to do," ...more important is, the servants hauled a lot of water to fill the 6 water pots that averaged 23 gallons each, that's about 140 gallons, that's a lot of water and a lot of work, but, ...in faith, they took the water to the master of the wedding, did they know it was wine, or did they think it was still water, the narrative doesn't tells us, ...but, we see the spiritual principle of Faith comes from hearing and hearing from the Word of God Rom 10:17 in action.  Rhēma is the word used, ...that is the Word God speaks to us individually, that is the basis for our faith, ...that faith in what Father has told us to do, is what causes us to step out of the boat and walk on water with Jesus.

So yes, the Word tells us to ask for healing and to cite Scripture, but often the answer to our prayers is no. 

The rest of the story, ...what is our lesson, ...His Glory was seen, ...by who, ...the faithful servants, ...because, ...they didn't usurp His Sovereignty, they just did what He told them to do.

Mary received the rebuke and changed how she thought about Him, ...she realized she didn't have any authority over Him even though she was His mother, ...Jesus knew her thoughts and He was then allowed to exercise His Sovereignty and preform a miracle.

Those that teach we can pray and claim Scripture and cause God to perform, like a genie in a bottled, are usurping His Sovereignty, ...plain and simple, ...we will have to wait and see what their rewards are at the Bema Seat of Christ, God does not share His Glory with anyone, ...if they are even there.

However if we come like children to our Father, seated on His Throne (acknowledging His Sovereignty and Authority) we will find Mercy and Grace to help in time of need, ...Mercy if our prayers are not answered and Grace if they are, ...My Grace is sufficient for you!   

We are not little gods running around thinking, demanding, pretending we have His authority and power, ...we are His Blood Bought children who know, respect, reverence and honor our Father, ...God Almighty, ...Creator of Heaven and Earth, ...our Creator, ...our Savior, ...our Lord!

To God be the Glory, ...great things He has done!

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru

• 10 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

Amen Guys. :amen: