• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, George said:

Let me ask you this question.  Think of it this way.  Did Luke stop being a doctor?  I never saw him stop being a doctor during his travels with Paul.  When Jesus says to the Pharisees ... you tithe mint and rue ... why did they tithe mint, dill and cummin?  They were herbs used in healing.  

My concern is that God provides doctors to heal ... and if you say, if you go to a doctor -- you have no faith, this is where this thread was going.  This is the problem I forsaw and so I was re-directing this thread, because it is important to pray for healing and EXPECT it!  But at the same time, God often provides other means for people to get healed whether its herbs, oils, medicine, etc.

Hi George, I agree when I pray ,we know my prayer is heard and God will act upon it in His timing and His timing could be wait until you are in heaven ,this life on earth is a testing ground,we don't know upon what we might stumble in this earthly  life but we do know that we're not alone and God is with us in all circumstances and  I will have pain at times until I die, I know that someday my body will be whole again without aging diseases or anything, so I do have faith and don't blame Gods for my pain,he knows about it ,gives us herbs or whatever method you choose to help us to ease the  pain. But the flipside is that God often heals us from whatever we don't even know because our life is in His hands.When I pray it's mostly for other people and not for me  If God wants everybody to be healed ,He can heal everybody and the hospitals be empty and people never die but since we're still living here in our old body we will experience sickness and pain. But I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last He will stand upon the earth.Job 19:25

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Quick observation about praying for someone sick and you are not. Your zeal and desire to see a miracle, breakthrough, healing, is just that yours. The sick person has to either match or exceed your desire themselves first because transference of healing power only works when two are of one accord. And lastly often times the person you are praying for wants to go on. So you see whose desire is God going to honor?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

What about faithful Christians who pray and have faith, but still remain ill or die of their illness despite medical intervention?

Sadly, I've known many a believer that passed away these days that were full of faith.  But in the reality of our eternity they are with the King!  Listen, I pray for healing at every one of our services for people.  I believe that God heals ... and I've seen God heal.   

You probably haven't been around, but my daughter who is now almost 16 -- was born blind -- and to make a very long story short ... in the midst of a 10 day fast and prayer session she now sees. 

I believe the word in James when it says, James 5:14  "Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord."  I believe a great many people are not healed, because they ask not!  

Some people may find this strange ... but if you don't pray for healing ... you're actually committing a sin of "omission", when the Bible says quite plainly -- if someone is sick ... get prayer ... anoint him!  :)  Expect something awesome to take place.  :)

• Praise God! 1

• Steward

6 minutes ago, blessed457 said:

Quick observation about praying for someone sick and you are not. Your zeal and desire to see a miracle, breakthrough, healing, is just that yours. The sick person has to either match or exceed your desire themselves first because transference of healing power only works when two are of one accord. And lastly often times the person you are praying for wants to go on. So you see whose desire is God going to honor?

Great point -- as James points out -- many a prayer are not answered -- because it's asked amiss!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

What about those who pray for healing in faith, are annointed in oil and all the rest, and still God does not heal them in this life?

So you want me to answer for God?  ;)

• Steward

17 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Is this what you are saying?

I didn't see Paul get healed.  Though he asked ... :)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all. Please allow me to jump into the conversation with the thought and my belief that not all are healed, and not for lack of faith, but perhaps because of the very strength of it! Deliberately God does not heal the flesh of many a saint in order that the suffering person my serve His good purpose even in their illness or physical  deformity or plight. And, that is to serve the good purposes of God.

My human heroes are individuals of much personal strength of character that  gave and/or give their whole to doing  all that they have done to the glory of God. One  in terrible pain since birth from arthritis, lives in a body locked of fused  and deformed bones yet is married, teaches, and raises adopted children. Another my wife of 48 years suffered greatly from fatal illness yet was stronger in her faith at the time of her too early death  than many will ever be. She was called by a corporate officer as the glue that held the company together, a tribute to how she lived her faith in Jesus to the very moment she graduated from this place of tears in the flesh.  

I can list a half dozen or more such situations, one though is most lifting for me. An adult twisted like a pretzel from being retarded at birth and having no ability to move about as we move would utter a happy groan and shake with joy every time she heard the name Jesus at church worship. I had two such terribly deformed and seriously retarded adults in a class for the mentally disabled. They were the lowest functioning of human I have ever been in contact with. Yet they lift me in my faith today years later because  they knew the joy of Christ Jesus. He is the hope certain.

Had any of these been healed I would have said how about that!  And that would be that. But because they endured and knew Jesus without being  healed of their flesh's corruptions I am certain of my own hope eternal. Jesus is Lord, God, and my personal savior. He will use who He wills, in the manner He wills, for the purpose He commands be filled, all in service to His Father, that many might be saved.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Steward

4 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I am thinking of the last chapters of Job where God chooses not to explain, but states His right to direct our lives as He wills.

... and how did Job reply ... "though the Lord slay me, I will hope in him" and yet he continues with "yet I will argue my ways to His face."

I wish I could say that I have all the answers, but one thing I realize in this life -- the more I know, the more I REALIZE how much I don't know!

But I do know that God still heals today ... so that's really the purpose of this thread ... will we have the faith to pray for those who truly need it?

• Praise God! 1

God will heal every Christian but not always when we want it and some people  have to wait until heaven, it's not a lack of faith if somebody is not healed, if that's the case, why do Christians die? Because we are still living in our body, don't misunderstand what I’m saying, it's very biblical to ask for prayer from the elders in you church but at the same time, be careful who is praying over you. I have a book from my grandmother who became a Christian later in life and she experienced many healings but she did die from some kind of infection. We will be perfect in heaven but if we have the peace of knowing Jesus and living in His rest we know that He is taking care of us, if He doesn’t heal me in this life it will be in heaven, this life is only a vapor anyway , everyday is a step closer to our eternal home where there will be no more sickness or sadness  Jesus is our healer and in Him I trust.He can and will heal in His time.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Please bear with me. Your summary of questions are not so cut and dried.

God's promise is we are healed by His wounds (stripes):

Isaiah 53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Healed in Hebrew is רפא (rapha) - The KJV translates Strong's H7495 in the following manner: heal (57x), physician (5x), cure (1x), repaired (1x), miscellaneous (3x). Each letter has its own meaning which are MAN, SPEAKS, AUTHORITY

1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Healed in Greek is ἰάομαι (iaomai)- The KJV translates Strong's G2390 in the following manner:heal (26x), make whole (2x).

It's wrong to use fault or blame solely, but more not understanding the method. As @George said, there's no cookie-cutter method. Furthermore, "Faith" is not blind - that's the modern definition - in the Greek faith means to have a strong conviction of a belief. We are reasoning this out, which is why God says we must meditate on the word of God so we can understand it beyond our exposure/experience to what words mean. This is working out our salvation - aka healing. This is why our faith is built up by hearing the word of God. God put that into our process. If it is lacking in us, we must listen to the word of God. Literally read it out loud. The word hearing is akoe in Greek and means the organ for hearing, the physical sense of hearing.

Romans 10:17 So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Secret sin is a possibility, but I think what's the most problem is understanding what sin really means. It's not just murdering someone, or cussing out your parents, but not walking in love, jesting, gossip, lust, etc. Disbelief is a sin.

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

The word "evil" here is not a good translation because here's the Greek meaning:

1. full of labours, annoyances, hardships

• pressed and harassed by labours
  • bringing toils, annoyances, perils; of a time full of peril to Christian faith and steadfastness; causing pain and trouble

2. bad, of a bad nature or condition

• in a physical sense: diseased or blind
  • in an ethical sense: evil wicked, bad

The KJV translates Strong's G4190 in the following manner: evil (51x), wicked (10x), wicked one (6x), evil things (2x), miscellaneous (7x).

Notice the outcome of unbelief - departing from God! As you can see, life gets in the way of belief in God's promises causing us to doubt just like the parable of the sowers. Who harasses? The devil, the lost, Christians (just look around this forum), our own understanding which wars with our thinking of what the word of God says. This is why we need to "repent" which means to "change your mind." When I say, "You need to repent of your sin of doubt" it's not a judgement, but a help statement to "change your mind about missing the mark by doubting" and build up your understanding by having a "strong conviction of a belief" (faith). See how the churchy-churchy words hide the truth and offend many?

Your last question, is this 100% guarantee? I believe the answer is, Does God lie? He's the One who is setting up this process and promise, not me. I've struggled with this for many years and after realizing how much the translations hold us back, the "accepted" leaders of Christianity have watered down the word of God and because they do not see these promises, they build a theology (and teach it) that it was for the apostles only, and make statements like "that's not in the oldest manuscripts" - so why include it in any version? Here's an example. Jesus said:

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Jesus repeated it here:

Luke 10:19-20 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

The cause and effect is spelled out in Deuteronomy 28:

Deuteronomy 28:1-2 And if you faithfully obey the voice of the LORD your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.  And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God. 

Deuteronomy 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if you will not listen to the voice of Yahweh your God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command you this day, that all these curses shall come on you, and overtake you. 

I hope this helps.

We are healed by His stripes, this verse talks about salvation not really bodily healing but the healing will come if we accept Jesus either now or later. :)