IGNORED

How could Henokh and Elijah taken to heaven before the Redemption of sin on the cross ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

A brief commentary of reliable sources from gotquestions.org

Cain and Abel, the sons of Adam and Eve, "in the course of time" brought offerings to the Lord (Genesis 4:3). Without doubt, they were doing this because God had revealed it to them. Some question, “How were Cain and Abel supposed to know what to sacrifice?” The answer is that God must have instructed them. It is clear that the offering was to be a substitutionary atonement, because we read in Hebrews 11:4, "By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did." When Abel came for worship, it was by faith that he brought his offering, the "fat portions from some of the first-born of his flock" (Genesis 4:4). The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, and it was accepted.

His brother Cain brought “some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord” (Genesis 4:3). But on Cain and his offering the Lord did not look with favor. We do not know how God expressed His rejection, but it was evident. In Jude’s epistle, verse 11, we read, “They have taken the way of Cain,” referring to lawless men. This may mean that they, like Cain, disobediently devised their own ways of worship; they did not come by faith. Cain’s offering, while acceptable in his own eyes, was not acceptable to the Lord. Most likely, Cain’s offering was unacceptable because it was bloodless (see Leviticus 17:11); he was perverting God’s prescribed form of worship. Rather than repent at God’s rebuke, Cain became angry, and later, in the field, he killed his brother Abel (Genesis 4:8).

Edited by BeauJangles
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Was it really? :rolleyes:

And for that matter what's the difference anyway? Maybe Christ's sacrifice for us was actually an offering to God for our sins. The only thing that matters is that Christ's sacrifice is for us and is free, so since he gave His life for us and all He asks in return is that we live our lives for Him(as someone here puts on their messages) I don't care how you slice it, it's a matter of faith. Whether there is a difference between offering and sacrifice is irrelevant in the big picture. Let me try and relate them another way. It requires sacrifice of us to give offerings to God of our time and money, so take up your cross and follow Christ and you will always find the sacrifice worth it in the end.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

there are three heavens the Bible speaks of.  Which of the three were Enoch  and Elijah taken to?   Why does it matter?   :)   

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

A brief commentary of reliable sources from gotquestions.org

Cain and Abel, the sons of Adam and Eve, "in the course of time" brought offerings to the Lord (Genesis 4:3). Without doubt, they were doing this because God had revealed it to them. Some question, “How were Cain and Abel supposed to know what to sacrifice?” The answer is that God must have instructed them. It is clear that the offering was to be a substitutionary atonement, because we read in Hebrews 11:4, "By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did."

Not quite a sacrifice for sin atonement but merely sacrificing a living animal as an offering.

• Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

4 hours ago, Jostler said:

there are three heavens the Bible speaks of.  Which of the three were Enoch  and Elijah taken to?   Why does it matter?   :)   

Sorry Jostler, not quite an explanation to my question.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

13 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Sorry Jostler, not quite an explanation to my question.

actually...it is.  a quite complete one

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 8/17/2019 at 7:57 AM, R. Hartono said:

How could Henokh and Elijah taken to heaven before the redemption of sin is done on the cross ?

John 19:30   When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is done".

The purpose of redemption is not just to save us....but to bring us into friendship with God. Enoch and Elijah were friends with God...they loved God. And that means that we all can be friends too...if we have a change of heart.

So then these men prove that we are "redeemable"....we just need rescuing.

But some of us need more rescuing than others.

How far does Jesus' love extend? It extends as far as death. There is no greater love.

The mistake of much of modern ministry is that it is man centered. Getting people "saved"...by a religious belief and belonging to a religious movement. But where is God in all that?

No, the purpose of redemption is to be won over by God's love into a relationship that is similar to that of Enoch and Elijah.

All other considerations are just religious in nature and come from an indoctrination into the modern man-centered doctrines. :)

Jesus came to reconcile us with the Father. For many of us (but not all) that means repentance....a turning away from our life course. But to make a doctrine out of anything than just a simple heart of obedience to God is to muddy the intent of God. We may all be weak in our flesh, but we are not all the same. No one doctrine covers all people.

The kingdom of God has no cookie cutters.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Not quite a sacrifice for sin atonement but merely sacrificing a living animal as an offering.

okie-dokie :whistling:

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

On 8/17/2019 at 4:57 AM, R. Hartono said:

How could Henokh and Elijah taken to heaven before the redemption of sin is done on the cross ?

John 19:30   When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is done".

I’m going to take a stab and say;

Just as we look to the passed by faith to the  Messiah that has come. They looked forward by faith to the Messiah that was to come. 

(me thinks)

In Christ, Not me  

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

WHICH heaven were they taken to?

2 Corinthians 12:2–4 (AV)
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the THIRD heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Where the third heaven is:

Revelation 2:7 (AV)
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Edited by JohnD