IGNORED

Speaking the Truth in Love

Guest Evgen

...speaking the Truth in Love... (Ephesians 4:15) – What does it mean?

Let’s take Love for a Key-Word here.

GOD is Love; and he that dwelleth in Love dwelleth in GOD, and GOD in him.          (1John 4:16)

Obedience to GOD is a sure way to Love & Truth:

If ye continue in My Word, then are ye My Disciples indeed; and ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you Free. (John 8:31-32)

If a man love Me, he will keep My Words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our Abode with him. (John 14:23)

We can also see that Love & Truth have One Source – GOD.

Now, back to Ephesians 4:15.

Here we are going to have to come to the only possible conclusion: there isn’t Truth separated from Love. Such a Truth simply doesn’t exist. No matter what people may call truth – TV news, scientific evidence, doctor’s opinion, legal document, etc., – if their truth contradicts the Written Word of GOD (Who is Love) and doesn’t stand upon His Love, be sure: they lie, willingly or not. Even those two or three witnesses demanded by Deuteronomy 19:15 to help investigations, might mistake.

Therefore, to be able to speak the Truth in Love we ought to walk in Love, be His Disciples indeed. Then we shall know the Truth to be spoken.

A doctrine has practical value only as far as it is prominent in our thoughts and makes a difference in our lives. (A.W. Tozer, GOD’s Pursuit Of Man)

Scripture further references:

John 14:23 & 1John 4:16 (Love unites us with GOD)

1Corinthians 13:1-13 (Love is the Greatest Value)

(Our Q & A book, chapter 31)

Edited by Evgen
formatting

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

We need to speak the truth of the Bible in a gentle, kind and inoffensive manner. Many do not want to know the truth and we have seen a lot of false teaching. Those people get defensive. We need to share the genuine literal truth of the Bible to those who are lost and who are not believers. Also to those who are posting false doctrine. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

I agree :)

• Praise God! 1

13 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We need to speak the truth of the Bible in a gentle, kind and inoffensive manner.

Definitely, not the way Jesus did. Matthew 13:57, John 8:44, &c. 

And, definitely, the way "Watchtower Witnesses" do.

Also to those who are posting false doctrine. 

Kindly be reminded, seeing such a post, go as far as to Pastor George and report. IMHO, he is in charge of the site and must remove the stuff ASAP.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

A follower of Jesus can't just have a message about Him...but also walk as he did...in love, humility, and the fear of God. We are to be witnesses of HIM...not ourselves and our own beliefs. We are to do HIS works...not our own. God is not looking for reporters...but followers. We are to walk IN Him.

Just as with technology...the medium IS the message. We are to be living epistles of God's love. When they meet us...they are to meet the One who sent us. So we are to walk in His love and invite others into that love. So the gospel is preached.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • This is Worthy 3

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Evgen said:

...speaking the Truth in Love... (Ephesians 4:15) – What does it mean?

Let’s take Love for a Key-Word here.

GOD is Love; and he that dwelleth in Love dwelleth in GOD, and GOD in him.          (1John 4:16)

Obedience to GOD is a sure way to Love & Truth:

If ye continue in My Word, then are ye My Disciples indeed; and ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you Free. (John 8:31-32)

If a man love Me, he will keep My Words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our Abode with him. (John 14:23)

We can also see that Love & Truth have One Source – GOD.

Now, back to Ephesians 4:15.

Here we are going to have to come to the only possible conclusion: there isn’t Truth separated from Love. Such a Truth simply doesn’t exist. No matter what people may call truth – TV news, scientific evidence, doctor’s opinion, legal document, etc., – if their truth contradicts the Written Word of GOD (Who is Love) and doesn’t stand upon His Love, be sure: they lie, willingly or not. Even those two or three witnesses demanded by Deuteronomy 19:15 to help investigations, might mistake.

Therefore, to be able to speak the Truth in Love we ought to walk in Love, be His Disciples indeed. Then we shall know the Truth to be spoken.

A doctrine has practical value only as far as it is prominent in our thoughts and makes a difference in our lives. (A.W. Tozer, GOD’s Pursuit Of Man)

Scripture further references:

John 14:23 & 1John 4:16 (Love unites us with GOD)

1Corinthians 13:1-13 (Love is the Greatest Value)

(Our Q & A book, chapter 31)

I liked what you wrote, for in it I see a heart that is searching for truth and love.  And that heart (correctly) has determined that it alone is found in God.

“For God alone is good.”

So as you pursue truth and love, the closer you will get to God. For as you said, He is the one and only source of truth and love. 

May He fill your heart with Himself so you might know truth and love, so it may be read in you by all men.

Blessings in Christ, Not me  

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Not me said:

I liked what you wrote...

And what I like, is that you don't follow the crowd (sorry, the Congregation). Instead, you dare to have the opinion.

Have a look at my post "Hell." (At last, the number of Visitors got more than those of "Same-sex Marriages.") How is possible that with the amount Scriptures I referred to, I got no one "like?" Read those who criticized. It's easy to follow the crowd, isn't it?

Thanks again. Igor   

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 hours ago, Evgen said:

And, definitely, the way "Watchtower Witnesses" do.

Just out of curiosity, who exactly are the "Watchtower Witnesses" mentioned in your post? 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Just out of curiosity, who exactly are the "Watchtower Witnesses" mentioned in your post? 

You know. I don't repeat how they call themselves (misspelling the Name Most Holy) for Fear of the Third Commandment.

Thanks for asking.

Edited by Evgen
formatting

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 minutes ago, Evgen said:

You know. I don't repeat how they call themselves (misspelling the Name Most Holy) for Fear of the Third Commandment.

what? :huh:

• Thumbs Up 1