• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,328
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Continued from: If We Are Not Willing To Forgive.

The more of our Lord's loving forgiveness we receive, the more of Him we receive because He is love. And the more of Him we receive, the more we are filled with His Holy Spirit because the Father, Son and Holy are in perfect union.

The Holy Spirit then gives us the power we need to be what He wants us to be. Acts 1:8 then love begins to appear in the form of spiritual fruit, which is part of our Lord's plan for our lives. But all this is possible only as we receive more and more of God's forgiving love.

Then as we begin to return His love, we have a personal relationship with Him-a channel for God's blessings.

Some of the things Jesus said about relationships were: "Receive Me," "Abide in me," "Come unto union with Me as I am in union with the Father" and then He said that the greatest commandment is "you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind" Matthew 22:37 That is a very close personal relationship.

It is clear that He wants us to abide in His love just as a branch abides, or is in union with the vine. If a Christian, who is a branch, abides in Jesus the vine, through a loving relationship, he comes into union with Him and with our heavenly Father.

The result of this love in the branch then progressively produces the fruit of the Holy Spirit-love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

We then, to a degree, have these qualities in common with God and they become the basis of an even deeper relationship with our Lord. John 15

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.