unworthyservant

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

I once heard it said that if every Christian spent their time and money doing what Christ taught us to DO we wouldn't even have enough time or money left to contemplate doing those things He said DON'T do.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

I once heard it said that if every Christian spent their time and money doing what Christ taught us to DO we wouldn't even have enough time or money left to contemplate doing those things He said DON'T do.

Amen. We are called into a new life....a life that is more fulfilling than chasing after our own lusts and ambitions. A surrendered life submitted to God's will. And a call into an eternal life that is in the power of Jesus Christ. To live from Him. To live from heaven.

The flesh needs boundaries. But the Spirit liberates into a bigger place. Where the Spirit is there is freedom! :)

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 8/17/2019 at 10:28 PM, unworthyservant said:

Given that Jesus was identified as a drunkard and a glutton, which bit of his teaching are you referring to?

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

18 minutes ago, Who me said:

Given that Jesus was identified as a drunkard and a glutton, which bit of his teaching are you referring to?

I'm not talking about how Christ was identified. The point is that if we spend our time and money doing ALL his teachings then we won't have enough of either to worry about having the time or money to indulge in sin.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

17 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

I'm not talking about how Christ was identified. The point is that if we spend our time and money doing ALL his teachings then we won't have enough of either to worry about having the time or money to indulge in sin.

So you are planning on reaching out to those involved in attending nightclubs, or in the drug

Culture?  

Jesus was discribed as a friend of sinners, how do we fulfill that role?

I am not interested in "superspiritual" posts that are not practical explanations of how to live for Jesus.

So how are Christians to do what you suggest?

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 8/17/2019 at 5:28 PM, unworthyservant said:

Hi. Hearing something doesn't make it so.

Doing all that is done to the glory of God does not have to be dreary chores. Most of what is done can be to that very glory.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi. Hearing something doesn't make it so.

Doing all that is done to the glory of God does not have to be dreary chores. Most of what is done can be to that very glory.

Yes....if your heart ain't in it, it’s probably just a dead work.When we Let The Holy Spirit work through us, joy replaces dreariness....

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

1 hour ago, Who me said:

So you are planning on reaching out to those involved in attending nightclubs, or in the drug

Culture?  

Jesus was discribed as a friend of sinners, how do we fulfill that role?

I am not interested in "superspiritual" posts that are not practical explanations of how to live for Jesus.

So how are Christians to do what you suggest?

I'm kind of surprised Who Me by your post. I do not need to attend a nightclub or be in the drug culture to be a friend to sinners. I believe that Unworthy Servant made an encouraging post with a good thought. If we rise each day and surrender the day unto the Lord and truly seek to be a broken vessel unto his will then we truly won't have time for wrong pursuits. I try to be kind unto all people. I know all are God's children and He loves them. I know there are many that are lost and alone and need Him in their lives. So I pray that the Lord will bring people into my path each day. Someone to show kindness to, someone to lift in prayer, someone to help... I have never had to attend a nightclub to find them. When the Lord Jesus sat with sinners to eat, they came to him. They were drawn to him for as a man, he was a man of truth, kindness, love and light. I pray the Lord's light will shine through me and that I am so busy helping others that I truly can walk a path without sin.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

On 8/17/2019 at 5:28 PM, unworthyservant said:

A good thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Who me said:

Culture? 

Many do! Local body of Christ ladies minister to the strippers of the local "clubs". They meet, do nails, share make up kits, and just talk and let them know of Jesus our Lord. Another has gone directly into the central aAmericas and reached out to the lord of drug production and trafficking ( and survivd it)  having shared of jesus with him. Yet others go into  the very places of voodoo culture. Still more go to abortion clinic locales, not with signs and rantings, but to pray and pray and pray for the ladies going in and out of them. They do met some, help some both before and after.

Power is in the doing as the Holy Spirit calls and leads rather than the talking about how someone (someone else) should do this or that.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1