• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

I'm kind of surprised Who Me by your post. I do not need to attend a nightclub or be in the drug culture to be a friend to sinners. I believe that Unworthy Servant made an encouraging post with a good thought. If we rise each day and surrender the day unto the Lord and truly seek to be a broken vessel unto his will then we truly won't have time for wrong pursuits. I try to be kind unto all people. I know all are God's children and He loves them. I know there are many that are lost and alone and need Him in their lives. So I pray that the Lord will bring people into my path each day. Someone to show kindness to, someone to lift in prayer, someone to help... I have never had to attend a nightclub to find them. When the Lord Jesus sat with sinners to eat, they came to him. They were drawn to him for as a man, he was a man of truth, kindness, love and light. I pray the Lord's light will shine through me and that I am so busy helping others that I truly can walk a path without sin.

Being kind is not living for Jesus.

As Christians we need to be radical in how we live our lives. Ultimately being kind to others means ensuring that those we interactive at work etc know they need a saviour. Neighbour gave a great example of how some Christians interactive with sinners in need of a saviour.

Edited by Who me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72

19 minutes ago, Who me said:

As Christians we need to be radical in how we live our lives. Ultimately being kind to others means ensuring that those we interactive at work etc know they need a saviour. Neighbour gave a great example of how some Christians interactive with sinners in need of a saviour.

Actually being kind is living for Jesus and in Jesus. Don't misunderstand, I do not speak of kindness as acceptance of wrong, I don't mean compromising with evil or permissiveness. Kindness is rooted in love. I can stand for light and for my Lord and be kind. I can refuse to compromise and be kind. I can walk in gentleness and kindness without being weak. In fact, walking the path of the Lord in love and kindness can take an inner strength that can only come from the Lord.

Edited by Tigger56
misspelled word
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi. Hearing something doesn't make it so.

Doing all that is done to the glory of God does not have to be dreary chores. Most of what is done can be to that very glory.

You're right, hearing something doesn't necessarily make it true and serving God doesn't have to be "dreary chores'. I have a theory that even "Chores" if done for the Glory of God aren't going to be dreary. As for deciding if such a thing is true, I'd say try it for yourself and then let me know if it's true or not. The way you pose the question sounds like you have decided that it might not be true without even trying it to see. What if everyone who heard Christ said the same thing?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/17/2019 at 2:28 PM, unworthyservant said:

I once heard it said that if every Christian spent their time and money doing what Christ taught us to DO we wouldn't even have enough time or money left to contemplate doing those things He said DON'T do.

If people spent their extra money helping others rather than on themselves there would not be so much hunger in our world. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

If people spent their extra money helping others rather than on themselves there would not be so much hunger in our world. 

AMEN!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

God gave us ears to hear, eyes to see, colours in abundance!!! touch, taste, smell. He gave us the ability to smile, the ability to laugh. He gave us Joy and the appreciation of His Glorious creation, in all its abundance and beauty.

I do not see how using our time and financial resources to enjoy these things, or fellowshipping and travelling with others, or going to hear music or art is sinning and a waste of money which should be given to the poor.These things cost money. The artists, musicians, train company or whatever need to earn a living too.

When Jesus turned the water into wine, He made fine wine, the Best wine. So much so that the others commented on it. He gives us in abundance.

I see only the pseudo humility, which is really pride, in those who deny themselves everything God has given them financially. Just like those superfine apostles we read of, or the Pharisees who had to be more humble and righteous than the rest.

Unfortunately there appears to be an outbreak of self righteousness round here just now. I urge people to reflect on its source and motivation. The Enemy does not like us to be happy or enjoy the blessings God has given us, he wants us to feel guilty and be downcast.

To stop ourselves using the gift of God, including financial ones, to have wholesome pleasure in this world, appear to

me to be ungrateful and rejecting the things He gives us to give us happiness. He loves us, He doesnt want us to be dragging ourselves around in a ragged condition, having little or no pleasure. If He did, why would He bless us with money?

All through the Bible God blesses the ones he loves. Why should financial blessings be any different? 

As with all things, its the motivation, what is in our hearts which counts, not the financial blessing and use of it.

Yes, God did give us ALL our senses and everything else for that matter. And yes he wants us to be happy. The question is does it require spending money on earthly pleasures to be happy? If so, maybe we ought to rethink our walk with God. I don't have to spend money or travel or go to a worldly music venue to be happy. I'm happy right where I am because God is with me.

As for train companies, artists and musicians who "need to earn a living", if they are doing God's will, then He will see to their needs and if not, then they need to make a living from the followers of their master. And anything that Jesus did, He did it the best. As for the wine, it was the best but you forget to note that it didn't cost anything. I don't read in the scriptures where Christ charged them for "the best wine" whatever that price would have been.

You say that you see "only pseudo humility, which is really pride" in those who deny themselves everything God has given them financially". Christ said in Luke 9:23 “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.” Notice He didn't say take in the local scene and follow me, He didn't say spend your money on earthly pleasures and follow Me, He  said "Take up their CROSS and follow Me." Yes, you can be happy in the Lord even if carrying a cross! Even if you're not indulging in the pleasures of this earth. 

You mention that "there appears an outbreak of self righteousness around here right now". Now I'll assume that you're not talking about me, since you don't know me but I question how you can make such a judgemental statement about anyone. As for around here, I've not really seen anything I would classify as self righteous and if I did, I would certainly do as Christ taught and counsel with them in private. The prophet Isiah said:

"He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, who despises the gain of oppressions, who shakes his hands, lest they hold a bribe, who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes from looking on evil, he will dwell on the heights; his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks; his bread will be given him; his water will be sure. Your eyes will behold the king in his beauty; they will see a land that stretches afar."

That land that stretches afar in my opinion, refers to Heaven.

You say that the enemy doesn't want us to be happy or enjoy the blessings that God has given us. For myself, I don't care what the enemy wants. I live for Christ and He'll see that I'm happy and He has already told us what to do with the blessings that God has given us. I have a simple theory. It's an old saying I'll paraphrase. "If Christ said it then I believe it and that settles it."

Then you state "To stop ourselves using the gift of God, including financial ones, to have wholesome pleasure in this world, appear to me to be ungrateful and rejecting the things He gives us to give us happiness." Your premise that it's ungrateful assumes that God gave you those gifts for your own pleasure. That's where I disagree. I think God gives us gifts to see if we'll use them for our own pleasure or for His will. Which would Christ choose?

Then you state 'He loves us, He doesnt want us to be dragging ourselves around in a ragged condition, having little or no pleasure. If He did, why would He bless us with money?" The last question is answered above but at the risk of adding monotony to the situation, I'll repeat, I believe that God gives us money to see what we'll do with it. No,He doesn't want us "dragging ourselves around in a ragged condition" Not sure where that comes from as I never said He did. If not spending your money for earthly pleasures but for God's will leaves you feeling like you're "dragging around in a ragged condition" then I'd suggest you might want to remember that true joy is in SERVING THE LORD and not by being served by the pleasures of this earth.

You then ask "why should financial blessings be any different?" They aren't, so I'll assume that you got the impression that I'm saying that they are. It's you and not myself who seems to focus on the financial aspect of the saying. The saying (and BTW it's not mine. It's an old saying that I was simply sharing) talks about TIME and Money. Notice, time is listed first. That said any blessing that God gives us can be used for one of two purposes. The work of God or the work of the Devil. God has clearly outlined His will, so everything else is the will of the devil.

You close by saying that "what is in our hearts which counts, not the financial blessing and use of it". I say that what is in our hearts will guide what we do with our financial blessings. So, where your heart is there is where your finances will go. If your heart is on yourself and earths pleasures then your spending will show it and if your heart is with God then your giving will show it.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Who me said:

Jesus was a friend to sinners.....I know some of the biggest scumbags in this town.....I treat them with kindness and respect and you can often tell that they are surprised by that and appreciate it.....perhaps it will pay off some day down the road......perhaps not.One thing I “DO” know— people do not respond to judging and condemnation.....everybody wants love, and they will respond to it in most cases

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

1 hour ago, unworthyservant said:

Yes, God did give us ALL our senses and everything else for that matter. And yes he wants us to be happy. The question is does it require spending money on earthly pleasures to be happy? If so, maybe we ought to rethink our walk with God. I don't have to spend money or travel or go to a worldly music venue to be happy. I'm happy right where I am because God is with me.

As for train companies, artists and musicians who "need to earn a living", if they are doing God's will, then He will see to their needs and if not, then they need to make a living from the followers of their master. And anything that Jesus did, He did it the best. As for the wine, it was the best but you forget to note that it didn't cost anything. I don't read in the scriptures where Christ charged them for "the best wine" whatever that price would have been.

You say that you see "only pseudo humility, which is really pride" in those who deny themselves everything God has given them financially". Christ said in Luke 9:23 “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.” Notice He didn't say take in the local scene and follow me, He didn't say spend your money on earthly pleasures and follow Me, He  said "Take up their CROSS and follow Me." Yes, you can be happy in the Lord even if carrying a cross! Even if you're not indulging in the pleasures of this earth. 

You mention that "there appears an outbreak of self righteousness around here right now". Now I'll assume that you're not talking about me, since you don't know me but I question how you can make such a judgemental statement about anyone. As for around here, I've not really seen anything I would classify as self righteous and if I did, I would certainly do as Christ taught and counsel with them in private. The prophet Isiah said:

"He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, who despises the gain of oppressions, who shakes his hands, lest they hold a bribe, who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes from looking on evil, he will dwell on the heights; his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks; his bread will be given him; his water will be sure. Your eyes will behold the king in his beauty; they will see a land that stretches afar."

That land that stretches afar in my opinion, refers to Heaven.

You say that the enemy doesn't want us to be happy or enjoy the blessings that God has given us. For myself, I don't care what the enemy wants. I live for Christ and He'll see that I'm happy and He has already told us what to do with the blessings that God has given us. I have a simple theory. It's an old saying I'll paraphrase. "If Christ said it then I believe it and that settles it."

Then you state "To stop ourselves using the gift of God, including financial ones, to have wholesome pleasure in this world, appear to me to be ungrateful and rejecting the things He gives us to give us happiness." Your premise that it's ungrateful assumes that God gave you those gifts for your own pleasure. That's where I disagree. I think God gives us gifts to see if we'll use them for our own pleasure or for His will. Which would Christ choose?

Then you state 'He loves us, He doesnt want us to be dragging ourselves around in a ragged condition, having little or no pleasure. If He did, why would He bless us with money?" The last question is answered above but at the risk of adding monotony to the situation, I'll repeat, I believe that God gives us money to see what we'll do with it. No,He doesn't want us "dragging ourselves around in a ragged condition" Not sure where that comes from as I never said He did. If not spending your money for earthly pleasures but for God's will leaves you feeling like you're "dragging around in a ragged condition" then I'd suggest you might want to remember that true joy is in SERVING THE LORD and not by being served by the pleasures of this earth.

You then ask "why should financial blessings be any different?" They aren't, so I'll assume that you got the impression that I'm saying that they are. It's you and not myself who seems to focus on the financial aspect of the saying. The saying (and BTW it's not mine. It's an old saying that I was simply sharing) talks about TIME and Money. Notice, time is listed first. That said any blessing that God gives us can be used for one of two purposes. The work of God or the work of the Devil. God has clearly outlined His will, so everything else is the will of the devil.

You close by saying that "what is in our hearts which counts, not the financial blessing and use of it". I say that what is in our hearts will guide what we do with our financial blessings. So, where your heart is there is where your finances will go. If your heart is on yourself and earths pleasures then your spending will show it and if your heart is with God then your giving will show it.

I'm sorry but I think this post here I quoted isn't enough of just being an opinion, but too close to being stated as demands put on people here, or elsewhere (Legalism), that not only replaces Gods love, but also replaces God's personal plans for each of us individually. Gods word says we are His body, and therefore, some are His hands, some are His feet, some are His eyes, some are his ears, etc., and each has a specific purpose we were created for just for His purpose. If I'm wrong about this being demands, I apologize.

So, while your point can be for some who are created and called for the purpose you mention, I can't see this as a "Carte Blanch" that's for everyone.

I have a hobby that I love and have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on it, and God made me really good at it, so that on online forums I belonged to, I could show my work and witness to the fact that God gave me this talent and give God all the Glory, and talk about God helping me and changing my life, and many asked me about that and I led my best friend to know Christ in a club I belonged to. In these forums I witnessed to people all over the world because I recognized God's voice and His calling on my life

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, unworthyservant said:

I once heard it said that if every Christian spent their time and money doing what Christ taught us to DO we wouldn't even have enough time or money left to contemplate doing those things He said DON'T do.

A person's life consists of their time.

Time is Life.

So, what you do with your time, is what you are doing with your life.

God understands this, and so does Satan.

Do you, reader?

Both are trying to get you to spend your FREE WILL  time for them.

What determines this?  What determines who you serve, if you are born again? 

Your focus.   Whatever you are focused on, is what you are spending your time doing... So, the answer is.......If you are focused on God and God stuff, then you are giving God your time.

If you are focused on CNN, and what Donald Trump said, and if those 2 Muslim congresswomen are causing issues.....If you are on Amazon, if you are on Ebay,... If you are watching Game of Thrones Reruns....... All of these type things, are your focus, and while i dont consider any of them necessarily Satanic pursuits.....i can tell you for certain that Satan uses TV, CABLE, MEDIA, ONLINE.......all of this, and more, to get your focus on anything and everything but God, .......all day long, and if he can keep you there, you will spend your life there.

Life is Time.

Focus determines HOW you are spending it, and for whom.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

I'm sorry but I think this post here I quoted isn't enough of just being an opinion, but too close to being stated as demands put on people here, or elsewhere (Legalism), that not only replaces Gods love, but also replaces God's personal plans for each of us individually. Gods word says we are His body, and therefore, some are His hands, some are His feet, some are His eyes, some are his ears, etc., and each has a specific purpose we were created for just for His purpose. If I'm wrong about this being demands, I apologize.

So, while your point can be for some who are created and called for the purpose you mention, I can't see this as a "Carte Blanch" that's for everyone.

I have a hobby that I love and have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on it, and God made me really good at it, so that on online forums I belonged to, I could show my work and witness to the fact that God gave me this talent and give God all the Glory, and talk about God helping me and changing my life, and many asked me about that and I led my best friend to know Christ in a club I belonged to. In these forums I witnessed to people all over the world because I recognized God's voice and His calling on my life

• Thumbs Up 1