• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

I'm sorry but I think this post here I quoted isn't enough of just being an opinion, but too close to being stated as demands put on people here, or elsewhere (Legalism), that not only replaces Gods love, but also replaces God's personal plans for each of us individually. Gods word says we are His body, and therefore, some are His hands, some are His feet, some are His eyes, some are his ears, etc., and each has a specific purpose we were created for just for His purpose. If I'm wrong about this being demands, I apologize.

So, while your point can be for some who are created and called for the purpose you mention, I can't see this as a "Carte Blanch" that's for everyone.

I have a hobby that I love and have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on it, and God made me really good at it, so that on online forums I belonged to, I could show my work and witness to the fact that God gave me this talent and give God all the Glory, and talk about God helping me and changing my life, and many asked me about that and I led my best friend to know Christ in a club I belonged to. In these forums I witnessed to people all over the world because I recognized God's voice and His calling on my life

Well, you mention a hobby that you spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on but don't mention if you have profited or only spent on it. All I'll add is that I believe that everything God said or Christ taught applies to everyone. Else we could pick and choose which apply to us and which don't. I find that a very slippery slope. I know it's happening every day but I believe it's a mistake to choose to do something other than what Christ taught because of the belief that His teaching isn't for you. As to your hobby, I believe that if you're profiting from it then the hobby isn't the issue but what you do with the profits. If you're only spending and not profiting then I would suggest that you might want to look and see if there's not a better way to spend the money that God has blessed you with on doing the things that Christ commanded and I've never seen where He taught to use our money for hobbies but on many occasions He told us to use it for the poor and less fortunate. So, I just find that if I do with my time and money what Christ taught , he'll provide me with everything I need to be happy. "If Christ said it, then I believe it and that settles it" is the way I see everything that Christ taught.

17 minutes ago, Behold said:

A person's life consists of their time.

Time is Life.

So, what you do with your time, is what you are doing with your life.

God understands this, and so does Satan.

Do you, reader?

Both are trying to get you to spend your FREE WILL  time for them.

What determines this?  What determines who you serve, if you are born again? 

Your focus.   Whatever you are focused on, is what you are spending your time doing... So, the answer is.......If you are focused on God and God stuff, then you are giving God your time.

If you are focused on CNN, and what Donald Trump said, and if those 2 Muslim congresswomen are causing issues.....If you are on Amazon, if you are on Ebay,... If you are watching Game of Thrones Reruns....... All of these type things, are your focus, and while i dont consider any of them necessarily Satanic pursuits.....i can tell you for certain that Satan uses TV, CABLE, MEDIA, ONLINE.......all of this, and more, to get your focus on anything and everything but God, .......all day long, and if he can keep you there, you will spend your life there.

Life is Time.

Focus determines HOW you are spending it, and for whom.

Amen! In Matthew 6:21 Christ tells us " For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." "Christ said it! I believe it! That settles it!" As Christians, our time, our money, our talents and our resources are not our own but are gifts from God and he expects us to use them for His will and FOCUS only on serving Him by serving our fellow man.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

On 8/17/2019 at 5:28 PM, unworthyservant said:

I once heard it said that if every Christian spent their time and money doing what Christ taught us to DO we wouldn't even have enough time or money left to contemplate doing those things He said DON'T do.

Philippians 3:7, “But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.”

When the Lord truly fills our heart and our life there is room for nothing else that is not of the Lord. All the things that once were so important lose all value, if those things are not of the Lord, for the value of the Lord is greater than all else. There is a great misconception and a lie promulgated by the Devil that the Christian life is one of misery and loss, bankrupt of all joy and happiness. We do not give up the good things in life when we become a Christian for the good things in life are found in the Lord. What was once so important and so valuable will be worth nothing if that which we loved and needed so much was not of the Lord. The best things in life are not free, the best things in life are found in a life truly surrendered unto the Lord God and his beloved Son, Jesus. Because of Jesus I know what truly matters in life, for in him there is life, and life more abundantly than anything that can be found in a life without him. All that was once so important loses all value when compared to all that can be found in the Lord.

• Praise God! 1

6 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

The best things in life are not free

I took this quote out of context on purpose because the rest of your message is everything that I believe. This line I disagree with. The best things in life are INDEED FREE. Salvation is free for us because Christ already paid the price. Joy in serving Christ is free and our testimony should be shared freely. After reading the rest of your message I'm not sure if this statement was intentional, since as I said, it seems to be the opposite of the point it sounded to me that you were making.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/20/2019 at 6:12 AM, Neighbor said:

Power is in the doing as the Holy Spirit calls and leads rather than the talking about how someone (someone else) should do this or that.

Hai!

Well done
is better than
  Well said!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, unworthyservant said:

"If Christ said it then I believe it and that settles it."

Ah, If Christ said it, that settles it. period!
Weather you, or I, believe it...............................
.default_cool2.gif.896da5ef38401e21bcd6f829d794bfc8.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Sower said:

Ah, If Christ said it, that settles it. period!
Weather you, or I, believe it...............................
.default_cool2.gif.896da5ef38401e21bcd6f829d794bfc8.gif

Yep, it just so happens that I do!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

On 8/22/2019 at 12:44 PM, unworthyservant said:

I took this quote out of context on purpose because the rest of your message is everything that I believe. This line I disagree with. The best things in life are INDEED FREE. Salvation is free for us because Christ already paid the price. Joy in serving Christ is free and our testimony should be shared freely. After reading the rest of your message I'm not sure if this statement was intentional, since as I said, it seems to be the opposite of the point it sounded to me that you were making.

Thanks for your response. Actually I did mean to include the sentence. I know I cannot earn salvation that all of us have sinned and need the cleansing that comes from our Lord's sacrifice. I do not however simply believe in once saved always saved. I believe that our walk with Jesus is a relationship of love. He loved me enough to give all for me. I should return that love by giving my all to him, so in that context it is not free. If you are married you know that a relationship of love requires the desire and effort to make the other feel your love and your desire to please. I tell the Lord, I love him. I make every effort to show him that I desire to please him. This will require sacrifice, which requires choice and dedication.

• Thumbs Up 1