Worship Warriors

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  3

I have found that if I can understand the Love chapter , then I can memorize it better. So here is what all the different facet of Agape love means :

AGAPE LOVE 1ST Corinthians 13

1st Corinthians 13: is not referring to God’s agape love in general but to a specific kind of God’s love: God’s agape love towards your fellow men (Romans 14:15, 2 Thessalonians 1:31). A better translation of the word would be to translate it as charity or love towards others. We are told to follow after love

(1 Corinthians 14:1). It’s a holy pursuit, an earnest pursuit.

15 powerful points how God’s love towards others behaves:

Love suffers long

Love is long suffering towards imperfect people. It bears long with them for as long as patience is needed

Is kind

Tender hearted. And be you kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another (Ephesians 4:32)

Envies not

It does not turn green with envy when others are being blessed

Love vaunts not itself

Love does not go around bragging or promoting its own virtues before others

Is not puffed up

It is not filled with pride, arrogant or haughty

Does not behave itself unseemly

It is not rude or discourteous or acts ugly. It does not use harsh and brutal language in the way you deal with people.

Seeks not her own

It is not self-centered but it is sacrificial. It puts the needs of others first.

Is not easily provoked

It is slow to speak and slow to wrath.

Thinks no evil

It is not resentful. It takes no account of the evil done to it and pays no attention to a suffered wrong. Love erases resentment.

Rejoices not in iniquity

Love is not overjoyed when it sees some misfortune happen to someone who deserves it.

But rejoice in the truth

But it is overjoyed when they are being blessed

Bears all things

Love protects shields guards covers conceals peoples flaws from exposure

Believes all things

Love sees the other persons virtues far more than their failures and judges them by their virtues, not by their failures

Endures all things

Love never quits, never surrenders never gives up in the midst of afflictions trials tribulations

Love never fails

Human love fails but God’s love towards is steadfast and unchangeable. It does not fail.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

I have found that if I can understand the Love chapter , then I can memorize it better. So here is what all the different facet of Agape love means :

1st Corinthians 13: is not referring to God’s agape love in general but to a specific kind of God’s love: God’s agape love towards your fellow men (Romans 14:15, 2 Thessalonians 1:31). A better translation of the word would be to translate it as charity or love towards others. We are told to follow after love

Love suffers long

Love is long suffering towards imperfect people. It bears long with them for as long as patience is needed

Is kind

Tender hearted. And be you kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another (Ephesians 4:32)

Envies not

Love vaunts not itself

Is not puffed up

It is not rude or discourteous or acts ugly. It does not use harsh and brutal language in the way you deal with people.

Seeks not her own

It is not self-centered but it is sacrificial. It puts the needs of others first.

Is not easily provoked

Thinks no evil

It is not resentful. It takes no account of the evil done to it and pays no attention to a suffered wrong. Love erases resentment.

Rejoices not in iniquity

Love is not overjoyed when it sees some misfortune happen to someone who deserves it.

But rejoice in the truth

Bears all things

Believes all things

Love sees the other persons virtues far more than their failures and judges them by their virtues, not by their failures

Endures all things

Love never quits, never surrenders never gives up in the midst of afflictions trials tribulations

Love never fails

Human love fails but God’s love towards is steadfast and unchangeable. It does not fail.

So thankful that God’s love never fails. I do, we all do, but He doesn’t, and knowing He does all things well. Blessed be His name.

Such a strength there is in knowing;

His love never fails.

Through the darkest of nights, He still sees, blessed be His name. 

In Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18

16 hours ago, Not me said:

So thankful that God’s love never fails. I do, we all do, but He doesn’t, and knowing He does all things well. Blessed be His name.

Such a strength there is in knowing;

His love never fails.

Through the darkest of nights, He still sees, blessed be His name. 

In Christ, Not me

I have been a christian for a long time, Not me, I fail the Lord so many times by keeping him waiting for me. In the morning when its so cold, I tend to sleep in a little while longer and am late for my appointment with the Lord. Yet He is so faithful. The Lord does preserves the way of the righteous.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

I have been a christian for a long time, Not me, I fail the Lord so many times by keeping him waiting for me. In the morning when its so cold, I tend to sleep in a little while longer and am late for my appointment with the Lord. Yet He is so faithful. The Lord does preserves the way of the righteous.

I like that: my appointment with God. It is like presenting ourselves before Him every day, moment, minute whatever word works, but a life before Him. Accept all things from His hand and look for and do the right and righteous thing in each and every circumstance and situation. Keeping our eyes on Christ and moving forward. Knowing He does all things well.

Be blessed and may God so fill your heart with Himself,  your heart would be overwhelmed with His love, Not me  

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,355
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 8/18/2019 at 12:29 AM, Worship Warriors said:

Love suffers long

Is kind

Envies not

Love vaunts not itself

Is not puffed up

Seeks not her own

Is not easily provoked

Thinks no evil

Rejoices not in iniquity

But rejoice in the truth

Bears all things

Believes all things

Endures all things

Love never fails

Amen, From even before I was saved, I use to think that God had saved me to share his love instead of rendering evil for evil, but as I become closer to Him, I learned to love better by His Spirit/inspiration. Romans 5:5

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Praise God! 1