unworthyservant

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

There's a story that's been told for years and I thought I'd share it here. It's about a young single pregnant girl who was from a poor country family. She was engaged but not to the Father of her child. While she faced much ridicule, she was determined to both have her baby and to marry her fiance. With very little but their love for each other and for God, the young couple decided to marry and make a stable home for the baby when it came. They were barely getting by on the earnings of her fiance and she was nearing giving birth when an unforeseen emergency required the couple to up and leave their home and work for a time, leaving them in even greater hardship than before. Things were looking bleak indeed as the journey would be hard on the poor pregnant girl. Along the journey the poor girl began to have labor pains and they worried the baby would come before they could reach a town. As the pains grew more frequent, they pressed on knowing that the only hope was to make it to town before the baby came. To make matters worse, when they finally reached town and the birth was imminent, they found that there was not a bed available anywhere for her to have the birth. Through it all, the young girl kept faith that God would take care of them. They were forced to spend the night in a barn full of animals. It was in this deplorable condition that the baby was born. They named Him Jesus and gave thanks to God for they had birthed the Messiah and the Redeemer that would bring light into the entire world. Remember "There's not enough darkness in the entire universe to put out the light of a single candle."      

Edited by unworthyservant
retitle
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Nobody knew that Jesus was no son of Joseph n there was no financial problem, they travelled for a census by the Roman ruler as well as many other people so all hotels were fully occupied.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

that does not match a version I read

3 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Nobody knew that Jesus was no son of Joseph n there was no financial problem, they travelled for a census by the Roman ruler as well as many other people so all hotels were fully occupied.

Well, you say that nobody knew that Jesus was no son of Joseph but in Mark 6:3 we read " Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” Now in Christ's day calling someone the son of his mother was a slur showing that they know he is a bastard. Otherwise they would always say the Son of Joseph. (or whoever was known to be the father) You say there was no financial problem but per my research, in Jesus day  Nazareth was known as a rural lower class kind of town with lots of poverty, so one could conclude that they weren't well to do. It's a well written on topic.  And personally, I see getting called to make a such a long journey while about to give birth is indeed an emergency. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I'm just glad it has a happy ending!!!!!

Edited by unworthyservant
correct spelling

1 hour ago, messedup said:

that does not match a version I read

It doesn't match any I've seen either but it's a good idea of how things might be described, I think.