unworthyservant

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

Since my post on using "In God We Trust" it's brought up another subject and that is the prosperity Gospel that being preached these days, so I thought I'd share this:

Evangelical preacher on TV tells me send my money to the Lord. Send a gift of Faith, you'll receive your reward.

Send it today, now don't delay, salvation's in your reach. You'll have a mansion in Heaven and a condo on the beach.

He takes the money I send him to pay for his million dollar home. A luxury hotel room, when he has to be gone.

You can see how rich you'll be, just keep on sending cash. He's getting awful rich and I'm just poor trailer trash.

I sit around and worry about how I'll pay the bills. While he's out living the high life with stars in Beverly Hills.

All I know is everywhere I go I'm stuck in the old rat race. While he tells me that his fortune, is God's amazing Grace.

Edited by unworthyservant
add verse

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  1.01

1 hour ago, unworthyservant said:

Since my post on using "In God We Trust" it's brought up another subject and that is the prosperity Gospel that being preached these days, so I thought I'd share this:

Evangelical preacher on TV tells me send my money to the Lord. Send a gift of Faith, you'll receive your reward.

Send it today, now don't delay, salvation's in your reach. You'll have a mansion in Heaven and a condo on the beach.

He takes the money I send him to pay for his million dollar home. A luxury hotel room, when he has to be gone.

You can see how rich you'll be, just keep on sending cash. He's getting awful rich and I'm just poor trailer trash.

I think that possibly all televangicals are phonies. They do all seem to crave Mammon.

1 minute ago, luigi said:

I think that possibly all televangicals are phonies. They do all seem to crave Mammon.

The old saying is "never is a word I seldom use". As much as I don't like to judge anyone or make blanket statements that because some of a group are leading their flock astray that it applies to all, I sometimes wonder if you're not right.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, unworthyservant said:

True story;

40 years or so ago when I was about 20 I wrote to one of these radio preachers. Told him about all the troubles in my life and he wrote back asking if I wanted to buy a cemetery plot. 

No joking, it really happened. Always wondered if he was trying to tell me something??? Lol

Peace in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

8 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Don't give them anything.

It's all parody. I haven't.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

I sit around and worry about how I'll pay the bills. While he's out living the high life with stars in Beverly Hills.

All I know is everywhere I go I'm stuck in the old rat race. While he tells me that his fortune, is God's amazing Grace.

Their heart is not on Jesus Christ. Their heart is on the money...... Greed. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  770
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus was angry with the vendors at the temple on jerusalem but now they dont sell cheap goods on the cart anymore but they r selling Gospel.

2 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Those selling or asking for funds are not trusting God to provide. I don't care who they are. They are fulfilling this Peter's warning which so few heed.

2 Peter 2:2-3
And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.  And in their greed they will exploit [make merchandise of you, KJV] you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep. 

George Mueller proves the right way of doing it. He asked only the Father to provide, not man, so no man could say "I made him" just like Abraham did. Thurman Scrivner is one following the path of the word of God, the same path of George Mueller and Abraham.

Beware of those that ask to buy their books, CDs, DVDs, their heresy. My favorite are those that give you 12 mins of "best thing since Jesus" information, and then 17 mins of sales pitch to find out they're full of it. With all the free stuff out there, there is zero reason to build a $400 million building! Take that money and give WiFi to Africa - oh wait, the Israelis just did that! Though it's a business for them, Christians must not be merchandising the free word of God. "But a workman is worth their hire..." you might say, well, it took me 10 years to write my book, free on my site, and I don't need a dime from anyone. God has always provided for me.

That's another good point, the merchandising of Christianity. It could be a topic in itself.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

In contrast some like Billy Graham only lived off the profits of the books he sold, and those were at rock bottom prices.  He never asked for donations for himself and gave away many of the books.  

I told my cousin when we visited her that our church never asks for money, which is true.  She took me to her church that Sunday and was embarrassed to have her pastor ask all who wanted to be blest come forward and place money down on the stage.  Then he asked those who wanted a double blessing to come forward again and place more money on the stage.  Not only did the left hand know what the right hand was doing, the whole congregation watched while people came forward with their money.  Fleecing the flock.  Pastors above all should be setting the example of trusting our God to supply their needs and the needs of their church.  

• Brilliant! 1