• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  64

9 hours ago, Willa said:

The money changers were skimming and padding their own pockets.  That is what Jesus objected to in making His Fathers house a den of thieves.  It was not that they sold sacrifices but that they were dishonest in their dealings.  This is not true of Billy Graham and I don't think he was trying to amass all the money because he seemed to be quite generous.  Many people were saved and are still serving God as a result of his ministry.  He effected many more who respected him in spite of rejecting Christ.    I don't know concerning your unnamed preacher.  

I did not read all the posts but I wanted to add that the place where this was being done was not the right place.  They may have been doing this from the place where gentile worshipers were supposed to worship from what I remember being taught.  (Not sure that is right though).  

When they arrived in Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple courts and began to drive out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those selling doves. 16And He would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17Then He began to teach them and declare, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all the nations’d ? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’e 

I really respect C.S. Lewis he lived modestly and donated all his book sales I think, if not all then most. 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,785
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In trying the spirits you'll find in the Word of God that He (God) is not keeping any of the first creation and as He came and lived in flesh His (Jesus) did not appear to have any concern for it but to put the thief in charge of the purse... Hence the heart of God is seen toward His first creation as the only importance is what His Word says and the accomplishment of such then burn it up and all memory of such removed.  Now examine those in the pulpit that teach of mammon and it's place....

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Tithing is for those under Law.We ain’t.

I believe this to be incorrect as before the law was the tithe and after the law in the church was tithing...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

If the church was tithing because they thought they HAD to, they were not following Paul’s orders.....Paul said to give “ cheerfully” as  you were to be lead by your heart....not threats and curses for “ robbing God”

Jesus plus tithing for Salvation.......no different than Jesus plus circumcision for Salvation....

Jesus said in regard to tithing....... “ These things you OUGHT to have done”   He did NOT say “ Believe in the One He sent and tithe or go to Hell”. A wise man will go way above the 10% to “ build treasure in Heaven”.The more you give down here , there more you get up there.You can tithe all of your life and die broke—- how many of the prosperity teachers tell you THAT? The only guarantee you get is that it will be awaiting you in Heaven where it is safe from thieves and moths.And that is only true if you give in secret.

My point is your attributing the tithe to the law and it clearly was before the law and after the laws fulfillment by Christ Jesus... giving is by whatever name you choose for it a responsibility from the beginning to the end not just during the time of law!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Willa said:

We can't judge others. God knows their hearts.  I am sure if it was required of him to give it all to the the Lord, he would have.  I have known more poor people who were greedy for gain than middle income folks.  God doesn't require this of everyone--only those who love money.  You will never know which people are generous because they will give secretly.   Many go so far as to not deduct it all from taxes.  

This all makes sense but given that Christ said that hardly shall a rich man enter into the kingdom of heaven, is someone who has amassed many millions of personal earthly wealth not a rich man. If there are exceptions to this teaching how do we then say who is the exception and who isn't? All I'm saying is the best way not to have to even have this conversation much less worry about exceptions to any teaching of Christ is to just do what He said and don't amass such wealth or treasure on this earth but rather, if you don't love it more than God, you should have no problem giving at least all but a couple of million to the poor. Who knows, with that kind of money, many babies might not have starved, many homeless would have had blankets and most important, many would have been blessed in the name of the Lord our God.

And I don't dispute that not everyone who seeks material gain achieves substantial wealth, I only say that Christians who do have a duty to use it for the glory of God instead of building themselves mansions and hoarding millions for themselves. 

And you are correct I don't know which people are generous, all I know is Christ said that those who build up earthly treasures probably aren't generous enough. And you are correct, we are certainly not worthy to judge anyone. I only point out what is known and what Christ said so that hopefully someone somewhere might see themselves. Dr. Graham has completed his life's journey and it is God who will sit in judgement of him as well as you and me. So, it is not to judge anyone but to edify anyone who may find themselves in a similar situation. (lot's of money coming in and having to make a decision on what to do with it, whether to amass it for themselves or give it for God's work)

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

I know of someone who was like that.. didn't exactly live in a trailer but an apt that was taking something like 1/2 her paycheck every month. I think she finally got wise and stopped supporting the TV crooks 

23 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Jesus was angry with the vendors at the temple on jerusalem but now they dont sell cheap goods on the cart anymore but they r selling Gospel.

Yes Jesus was angry with the vendors at the temple. You say they don't sell cheap goods anymore but they're selling the Gospel. I have to wonder if that's not even worse.

20 hours ago, Cletus said:

its not so much about the millions they have made, or by what means.  the prosperity doctrine is false in that it makes God out to be a genie in a bottle, or a santa clause.  one who does your bidding to make you happy.  it does not focus on "Thy will be done"  but it focuses on self happiness and gaining it by creation, not The Creator. 

The prosperity doctrine preaches a false Jesus.  i do not know how to say this any more plainly. 

Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18  I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

vanity, pride and arrogance are the fruits of the prosperity doctrine. 

Very good stuff and I agree it's not about the millions they make it's about what they do and don't do with it and what they are teaching others.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Critical verse in the Bible relating to money..

1 Timothy 6: KJV

10 "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Money is a tool that can be used by us in this world to do worthy works.. So a person who is rich in money can be also rich in good works for their community and their neighbors.. But those who love money will hoard it and will be far from generous towards others who are in need.. Coveting money is sin..

As for all like sins they are covered by the Atonement of the LORD Jesus.. But those who are obsessed with money and how to keep it and how to get more of it will suffer for it in the long run..