• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

18 hours ago, enoob57 said:

I believe this to be incorrect as before the law was the tithe and after the law in the church was tithing...

so was blood sacrifice.  do you still sacrifice the blood of bulls and lambs too?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

28 minutes ago, Traveler said:

A good study on the old testament law, indeed ! Now please show me which gentile nation was represented at Mount Sinai when God made the covenant with the nation of Israel and proclaimed his law to them so that they might become a holy nation unto himself out of all the nations on this earth.

29 minutes ago, Traveler said:

A good study on the old testament law, indeed ! Now please show me which gentile nation was represented at Mount Sinai when God made the covenant with the nation of Israel and proclaimed his law to them so that they might become a holy nation unto himself out of all the nations on this earth.

Sorry..... I do not have a clue....I will accept any and all questions with one slight caveat.....they must be easy to answer,like what was the number of the original disciples.......lol...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

God uses who God so chooses. God used many a "whacky" tv religious personality to get my attention. Then the Holy Spirit came a calling too.

So I have little qualm about even the worst  or most comical of presentations long as they share of Jesus, my Lord and savior. God is sovereign. He does not have need of my extra "worry" that someone else will be less astute than myself. Worry profits no one.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

God uses who God so chooses. God used many a "whacky" tv religious personality to get my attention. Then the Holy Spirit came a calling too.

So I have little qualm about even the worst  or most comical of presentations long as they share of Jesus, my Lord and savior. God is sovereign. He does not have need of my extra "worry" that someone else will be less astute than myself. Worry profits no one.

I met someone years back who was also initially influenced in a positive way towards faith in Jesus by some televangelists.  So yea, I can agree that televangelists can initially serve a positive function.

I also was raised in a Catholic household, and recognize that this upbringing taught me the basics. Today, however, I recognize that Catholicism along with many other organized Christian sects are far from what Jesus taught. Ever wonder why the end of the present world order under Satan has not come to an end, when the Lord tells us that once His gospel has been preached throughout the world, the end would come? It is because the true gospel message of Christ is not being preached.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 minutes ago, luigi said:

Ever wonder why the end of the present world order under Satan has not come to an end, when the Lord tells us that once His gospel has been preached throughout the world, the end would come? It is because the true gospel message of Christ is not being preached.

Hi, Might it not be, much as it always has been, that God is patient and He will both punish and praise plus reward? Has He not already shown us many times over that for very long periods of time He will extend His wrath  punishing entire nations for hundreds of years to bring about what has been prophesied, saving out one or one family from that entire nation or time? It is not Satan that delays in my opinion. Instead it is God by His design and will alone.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Might it not be, much as it always has been, that God is patient and He will both punish and praise plus reward? Has He not already shown us many times over that for very long periods of time He will extend His wrath  punishing entire nations for hundreds of years to bring about what has been prophesied, saving out one or one family from that entire nation or time? It is not Satan that delays in my opinion. Instead it is God by His design and will alone.

Yes, the Lord is patient, hoping all to come to repentance. But there will come a time when that patience runs out, which is when the true gospel of Christ is preached throughout the world as states the scripture.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,785
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Jostler said:

so was blood sacrifice.  do you still sacrifice the blood of bulls and lambs too?

No I have God's Word

Heb 10:4

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
KJV