• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1,425
  • Topics Per Day:  0.59
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 5:1-12

1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, mel85 said:

Matthew 5:1-12

1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

And the other side of the same coin... (less popular however).

Luke 6:24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Pekoudah said:

Luke 6:24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

Nobody I have ever known, myself included, has done all of these things....What are we to do? When W C Fields was caught reading the Bible and was asked “ why?”, he responded that he was “ looking for loopholes”. There is no record that he ever found what he was looking for.I did.Its called “ Grace”.Total forgiveness, there for the taking.He was  probably never told how to obtain it.Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus- plus Nothing.There is the loophole he never found.Now that you know about it are you willing to apply it to your life and get saved?Its the only way . “ by Grace you are saved, through faith......” God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Nobody I have ever known, myself included, has done all of these things....What are we to do? When W C Fields was caught reading the Bible and was asked “ why?”, he responded that he was “ looking for loopholes”. There is no record that he ever found what he was looking for.I did.Its called “ Grace”.Total forgiveness, there for the taking.He was  probably never told how to obtain it.Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus- plus Nothing.There is the loophole he never found.Now that you know about it are you willing to apply it to your life and get saved?Its the only way . “ by Grace you are saved, through faith......” God bless.

That's not what grace is. Grace is the power to fulfill the commandments of God. God is still holy. And we need also to be made holy by the empowerment (grace) that is by faith.

God is merciful...but there is a purpose to this beyond what we want for ourselves. We were created for HIS pleasure...not our own. Grace conforms us to be as Jesus Christ in this world. That is the effective working of grace in our lives...that we do the works OF Jesus.

What grace is NOT...is a carte blanche over the effects of sin.  No, we need to go to the cross to get the power that governs the flesh out of the way so that we can walk in His new life....by the Spirit. 

There is no permission from God to continue to walk in the power of the flesh. The flesh does not inherit life. One just needs to have a little honesty when reading the bible to see that what I am saying is true.

But the truth is very difficult to hear these days...since there is another gospel being promoted that serves mankind...and is very seductive to the carnal mind. But it is better to go to the cross now than be disappointed later.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

6 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

Just shows that we must take ALL of Christ's teachings into account before we can really understand any of them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

3 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

Just shows that we must take ALL of Christ's teachings into account before we can really understand any of them. 

Like the rest of the sermon on the mount, including:

Whoever teaches against the law is the least in the kingdom of heaven  (remember that the law is far more than the first 10 commandments)

Unless your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven

If your right hand offends you cut it off

-

Then contrast that with other words from Jesus:

Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.  My yoke is easy and my burden is light.

All manner of sin will be forgiven men except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  (remember that blasphemy is a synonym for slander)

[his story of the Pharisee and the tax collector]

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

33 minutes ago, lftc said:

Like the rest of the sermon on the mount, including:

Whoever teaches against the law is the least in the kingdom of heaven  (remember that the law is far more than the first 10 commandments)

Unless your righteousness exceeds that of the Pharisees you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven

If your right hand offends you cut it off

-

Then contrast that with other words from Jesus:

Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.  My yoke is easy and my burden is light.

All manner of sin will be forgiven men except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  (remember that blasphemy is a synonym for slander)

[his story of the Pharisee and the tax collector]

Yeah and all the others. While I don't see them as contrast but rather parts of a complete message, they are all intertwined and we must study them all in order to understand the message.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

Sermon on the Mount

I like to study it in its structure. What is Jesus saying to us.?  How can I do it so that I will be like the wise man that built his house upon a rock ?

Beatitudes

He is a king; he is bringing a kingdom here and now. These are the core values of my kingdom and this is what I am like, and this is how the citizens of my kingdom are like. He is poor in spirit. Jesus laid aside all his glory and became a man. He is meek and lowly in heart. He hungers and thirst for righteousness. He is full of mercy. He is pure in heart. He is a peacemaker. He is the one who has been mostly persecuted because of his love for righteousness.

He is showing us a more excellent way, the way to greatness in His kingdom. If we want to be great in his kingdom , we must cultivate these beatitudes in our hearts.

Next, Jesus tells us how to cultivate the garden of our hearts so that these beatitudes will grow in abundance:

Waging war against six deadly poison relating to our natural lusts ( (Weeding the garden of your heart)

resist the spirit of murder.

resist the spirit of adultery.

resist the spirit of lying

The scribes and the Pharisee have reduced the true demands of the Torah so that they would be able to keep it by their own self effort (the works of the Law). Any person with a religious spirit can fulfill it by their own self effort. Jesus explains that the standard of righteousness as given by God to Moses, it is impossible to do on your own effort; you need the grace of God to keep God’s standard of righteousness. If you have anger, bitterness in your heart; you are already operating in the spirit of murder. deal wit h it whilst it's still in seed form. Don't let it emasculate into murder. 

if you look lustfully after a woman, you are already operating in the spirit of adultery. Deal with it whilst it's still in seed form.

Pursue after three spiritual disciplines with intensity and violence(Watering the garden of your heart)

when you give

when you pray

when you fast

Going deep in God

These spiritual discipline are easy to do.Most believers practice the Sermon on the Mount but in an introductory way. Prayer in its introduction is not costly but to go to the depths that God has made available in prayer is costly. There is a dimension in prayer that you will not obtain but by violent spiritual hunger

God delights in our pursuit of Him. When we respond with diligence, God respond back with rewards. The Father who is in the secret place sees and He will reward you openly. He expands the capacity of your heart to receive more of Him.

that's how you cultivate the garden of your heart so that these beatitudes will grow in great abundance.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Pekoudah said:

That's not what grace is. Grace is the power to fulfill the commandments of God. God is still holy. And we need also to be made holy by the empowerment (grace) that is by faith.

God is merciful...but there is a purpose to this beyond what we want for ourselves. We were created for HIS pleasure...not our own. Grace conforms us to be as Jesus Christ in this world. That is the effective working of grace in our lives...that we do the works OF Jesus.

What grace is NOT...is a carte blanche over the effects of sin.  No, we need to go to the cross to get the power that governs the flesh out of the way so that we can walk in His new life....by the Spirit. 

There is no permission from God to continue to walk in the power of the flesh. The flesh does not inherit life. One just needs to have a little honesty when reading the bible to see that what I am saying is true.

But the truth is very difficult to hear these days...since there is another gospel being promoted that serves mankind...and is very seductive to the carnal mind. But it is better to go to the cross now than be disappointed later.

Grace is “ unmerited favor” that God extends to Mankind.Believe the Gospel ... 1cor15:1-4......put your sins on the Cross  and in turn , accept the “ imputed righteous” that God will put on your account.....get justified...( just as if you never sinned ) simply because you believe the Promise Of God.....God looks at you and sees Jesus—THAT is Grace....completely undeserved......if it were deserved or earned it would no longer be Grace....God bless

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1