• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I was wondering if anyone saw a similarity between Donald Trump and John the Baptist (the one in the Bible - not me).

No!!!! Other than they are both human beings. Nothing more that I can see.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

@Jayne @Abby-Joy @Jostler @Blood Bought 1953 I can understand that ... but I do believe that the division in the country happened long before Trump!  :)   But it's the fulfillment of prophecy ...

Mat 24:7  For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and pestilences and earthquakes in different places.

The word nation in Greek -- is ethnos -- or ethnic ... it's literally ethnic group against ethnic group.  

So the question is ... will you be overwhelmed by it ... or will you use this season of "despair" as an opportunity for His Kingdom?

I really believe that we're all here -- at this place -- at this time -- for a reason ... and you have to ask yourself ... what is the purpose of my being here at this time?   I doubt that God's given purpose is to be critical of the government ... :)   It's to bring forth His Kingdom, so you have to ask yourself -- How can I plug into God's plan?  :)  The sooner we all figure that out -- the faster our true destiny will arrive!  :)

Remember that our true HOME is not here ... :)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, George said:

@Jayne @Abby-Joy @Jostler @Blood Bought 1953 I can understand that ... but I do believe that the division in the country happened long before Trump!  :)   But it's the fulfillment of prophecy ...

Mat 24:7  For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and pestilences and earthquakes in different places.

The word nation in Greek -- is ethnos -- or ethnic ... it's literally ethnic group against ethnic group.  

So the question is ... will you be overwhelmed by it ... or will you use this season of "despair" as an opportunity for His Kingdom?

I really believe that we're all here -- at this place -- at this time -- for a reason ... and you have to ask yourself ... what is the purpose of my being here at this time?   I doubt that God's given purpose is to be critical of the government ... :)   It's to bring forth His Kingdom, so you have to ask yourself -- How can I plug into God's plan?  :)  The sooner we all figure that out -- the faster our true destiny will arrive!  :)

Remember that our true HOME is not here ... :)

I do have an opinion of our purpose for being here in this place and time. It's the same purpose as every Christian since Christ. To spread the Gospel and to do God's work by helping those in need. As for the Government, God puts leaders in place for His own reasons and while we can't know those reasons, we must trust that God is in control. What really bothers me is how in this divided political world in which we live, preachers are pledging allegiance to certain politicians, thus alienating half the country from their ministry simply to make a political statement. Does that sound like a good trade off? I know people who used to think very highly of Franklin Graham until he came out with his hyper political rhetoric and in support of Mr. Trump (or individual1 as he's known in some circles). Now they can't stand him and what if it made anyone question their faith?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

Trump has done exactly what he was selected to do, and done it as well as Obama did what he was selected to do.  And the presidents that preceeded both  of them did too. 

I do think it's important to realize  the  Lord is allowing  all of it, and I agree we should be focused on what God is wanting to accomplish in it.  Despair is not an emotion I'm feeling when contemplating it, but it does seem that the signs of the times are pointing to something much different than many expect.  and that does grieve me somewhat.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

@unworthyservant  So often on Worthy News, I get someone saying why I didn't cover this story or that story ... but the reality is as a believer we're called to Not bear false witness!  And there's a lot of news stories ... that just aren't TRUE!  Amazingly!   :)

Most of the critics that I get are those that say either I'm PRO-TRUMP -- or that I'm ANTI-TRUMP ... and the reality is that I'm simply trying to provide the Prayer points of the day!  :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I was wondering if anyone saw a similarity between Donald Trump and John the Baptist (the one in the Bible - not me).

More like Cyrus....honestly I have never heard one person ever mention John the Baptist in the same sentence with Trump until this thread. I have heard he is God's modern day Cyrus many, many times. God can use whom he pleases. He used Nebuchadnezzar to try and bring Israel to their senses, then allowed him to become a wild animal for 7 years because of his own haughtiness. 

I do think President Trump is being used by God to thwart the enemies {Satan and his evil minions} positions on the battlefield. He is our "Champion" like David was Israel's or Goliath was the other sides champion. God is using this man's vanity, high mindedness etc. etc. to defeat the enemy, who hate him so much they expose themselves for who they really are. They come against Trump in the Media, he calls them out for the biased liberal shills they are, they make him mad, he does "Conservative Things" to make them mad or to punch back. God has a sense of humor, and what gets me is Christians can't see God's handiwork here, and the reason we need God to intervene in our battles is like cowards we refuse to do battle against this evil. 

Why did Christians keep going to Disneyland when they started promoting Homosexiual days ? Why do we sit back and allow national brands to do the very same same thing ? Because we do not realize Satan is taking hard fought ground from us little by little, all because we refuse to ENGAGE !! Its called being a lazy Christian. So God raises up a Cyrus, POKES HIM via the Media to get him angry, then whispers to him, "CUT OFF PLANNED PARENTHOOD" they are using those tax dollars to give money to Liberal causes {which they do, its a sham and we all know it}. Trump does something, we sit back and do nothing. God is God, who am I to tell God how to fight the battles ? He used Alexander the Great.....see Daniel ch. 10.....and thus the prince of Persia {a Demon no doubt} tried to resist Micheal/God, but to no avail. God does as He so pleases. We are supposed to be able to see His handiwork, sadly many can't. Who cares who God uses, I don't and Christians are NEVER supposed to say whom can and can't be of God. 

We have many Christians who just accept defeat of the culture and move on. They worry about Trump's lies...give me a break. He tells more truth than any pol in the history of politics. His little white lies I am certain are done to tweak the Media and liberals who like the Pharisees Jesus told, "Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel." A pol lies.....too funny. Trump keeps his promises, and I think he tweaks them on purpose. 

Trump has done more for the culture and Christians than any Pol in my lifetime. Hes on the frontline battling.

Edited by Revelation Man

After giving the original question a little thought, in my opinion Donald Trump has more in common with Caligula than John the Baptist!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

"happy holidays" back to Merry Christmas,

We have always said Merry Christmas!  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

None whatsoever.  One was a man of God the other gives empty lip service to God. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

John 1:25-27(ESV) 25 They asked him, “Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?” 26 John answered them, “I baptize with water, but among you stands one you do not know, 27 even he who comes after me, the strap of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie.”

Kind of obvious that he is paving the way for the true "Messiah"

People will be so happy to have this circus over with that they will love the next president and the media will just paint him/her as the savior of the world.

I'm thinking Clinton/Winfrey 2020.

JK

• Haha 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1