• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/20/2019 at 4:29 AM, dhchristian said:

Hi Seasoned by Grace,

I Have a similar story, which is Part of my calling to serve Him. In 2007, The economy was tanking, My wife mad at me, we were struggling to make ends meet, and there was little to no work for me. Everything around me was falling apart, and we would eventually lose our home several years later. I had Just taken up running again, just to keep in shape because of the slow work load, Big mistake, as Both of my knees were sprained, I could barely walk. I was at a point of brokenness and fell on my knees and totally surrendered to Him, and his will in utter repentance. I could not do it by my own strength and will. After that happened, He urged me to Open my Bible and read it, without even looking I opened to the following passage... My name is not Jacob, But I knew he was speaking to me...

Why do you say, O Jacob,
and speak, O Israel,
“My way is hidden from the LORD,
and my right is disregarded by my God”?

Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.

He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.

Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;

but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint. (Isa 40:27-31, ESV)

I could Only laugh with God, I could barely kneel let alone run, I was so weary and here He was telling me Young men and youths will faint but I won't. He then Proceeded to show me my calling Which has proven true to this day. 

I Still have a laugh with him when I read this again. I used the ESV because that was the only Bible I had at the time.

Thank You for sharing your story, God has a sense of Humor, and he knows when we take ourselves too seriously, and intervenes. When we learn this, Those situations we put ourselves in where we take ourselves too seriously, become a Joyful times in our walk with Him.

God Bless 

David,

What has happened to ur foot?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, R. Hartono said:

David,

What has happened to ur foot?

Both of my knees were sprained from taking up running to keep in shape at that time... I Was very active when I was younger, Played sports etc. So I figured I could just go out and run a couple of miles... Big mistake Once you get into your forties, and ain't as fit as you are fat. Both of my knees were sprained I could barely walk. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

20 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Both of my knees were sprained from taking up running to keep in shape at that time... I Was very active when I was younger, Played sports etc. So I figured I could just go out and run a couple of miles... Big mistake Once you get into your forties, and ain't as fit as you are fat. Both of my knees were sprained I could barely walk. 

R u ok now ?

On 8/19/2019 at 6:04 PM, naominash said:

Do you mind sharing what your calling is?

Immediately after showing me those verses and having a chuckle about them He led me to the following verses, in the next chapter. This is my calling and its hard to explain.

This again is addressed to Jacob, But I knew He was speaking to me.

8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend. 9 Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away. 10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. 12Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. 13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

There was a serious demeanor, in a reassuring way when these words were given to me. You kind of have to know my life story to appreciate this, and I am not gonna bore you all with that but this was a time of uncertainty about the direction my life had gone, Why I was failing (which was by the world's standards) A realization that I had failed God in my commitment to Him as a person, Growing up in a church, and having great things expected of me, that I never lived up to. In Hindsight I understand that if I had followed that path I would have been one of the voices in the false churches that are leading people astray, because I was on a podium of Pride, from my experiences in the church. They had put me on that podium and I loved being there, But the LORD knocked me off that Podium and my path into ministry took a detour from Biblical studies... I Now know, this was so that He could teach me, which he has done for a number of years in the Wilderness when the economy was falling apart (Housing Bubble, me being in construction), But that time in that wilderness was such a blessing for I had time to Learn from Him directly, Just Him and His Word, Nothing else.... My affinity for A.W. Tozer comes from this, for he too was taught by the Holy Ghost, not formally in seminary or anything like that, or as Ravenhill once called it "Bible cemetary"... I Knew then, that he was preparing me for a different kind of service for these times we are living in.

My message and calling is summed up in two statements, Can the teacher be taught, which is to leaders in the churches. Which is a message to the shepherds in the church, as these times that are to come will be unlike anything before and will require an openness to being taught by the Holy Ghost; and "it is not about me being right but about us getting it right' Which is to all of us and deals with attitude of heart over perfect understanding of the unfolding of events. Our Trust in Him will carry us, Not the understanding of our carnal mind and our pride of knowing. I am Just here to point you to the cross, and Christ Jesus. As I said in one of my other comments: I am not selling you anything but the cross... Will you Purchase one and carry it with you?

Thank You for asking, I am still trying to figure it all out myself. He Is my all in all! 

• Loved it! 1

12 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

R u ok now ?

Yeah, As you I get older they bother me from time to time, but as long as I don't over do it they are fine. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

9 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Immediately after showing me those verses and having a chuckle about them He led me to the following verses, in the next chapter. This is my calling and its hard to explain.

This again is addressed to Jacob, But I knew He was speaking to me.

8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend. 9 Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away. 10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. 12Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. 13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

There was a serious demeanor, in a reassuring way when these words were given to me. You kind of have to know my life story to appreciate this, and I am not gonna bore you all with that but this was a time of uncertainty about the direction my life had gone, Why I was failing (which was by the world's standards) A realization that I had failed God in my commitment to Him as a person, Growing up in a church, and having great things expected of me, that I never lived up to. In Hindsight I understand that if I had followed that path I would have been one of the voices in the false churches that are leading people astray, because I was on a podium of Pride, from my experiences in the church. They had put me on that podium and I loved being there, But the LORD knocked me off that Podium and my path into ministry took a detour from Biblical studies... I Now know, this was so that He could teach me, which he has done for a number of years in the Wilderness when the economy was falling apart (Housing Bubble, me being in construction), But that time in that wilderness was such a blessing for I had time to Learn from Him directly, Just Him and His Word, Nothing else.... My affinity for A.W. Tozer comes from this, for he too was taught by the Holy Ghost, not formally in seminary or anything like that, or as Ravenhill once called it "Bible cemetary"... I Knew then, that he was preparing me for a different kind of service for these times we are living in.

My message and calling is summed up in two statements, Can the teacher be taught, which is to leaders in the churches. Which is a message to the shepherds in the church, as these times that are to come will be unlike anything before and will require an openness to being taught by the Holy Ghost; and "it is not about me being right but about us getting it right' Which is to all of us and deals with attitude of heart over perfect understanding of the unfolding of events. Our Trust in Him will carry us, Not the understanding of our carnal mind and our pride of knowing. I am Just here to point you to the cross, and Christ Jesus. As I said in one of my other comments: I am not selling you anything but the cross... Will you Purchase one and carry it with you?

Thank You for asking, I am still trying to figure it all out myself. He Is my all in all! 

Very nice read, your relationship with Christ shows through. 

Be blessed and as you know, God will continue to grow you in Him.

In Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

On 8/19/2019 at 3:59 PM, Seasoned by Grace said:

For me laughing with God began about 15 years ago when I was going through a difficult stage in my life, and feeling so incapable of dealing with it, and not always making the right choices in a situation I had never been before.

I remember being on my knee's pouring out my feelings to God how impossible my life had become,

Would you mind sharing more about the difficult stage you went through, why you felt incapable of dealing with it and what bad choices you made? And perhaps share what things you wish you had done differently?

I know that’s a lot to ask, but I think it may be helpful for people who may be facing similar challenges(or will face them in the future) to learn lessons from a “seasoned” Christian.

Also, I remember reading in another thread that you went through some trials and tribulations with your church, which eventually drove you away from the church. You said the memories still haunt you. Would you like to talk about that? It may make others feel like they are not alone,  and talking about it may bring some additional healing to yourself.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

32 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

Would you mind sharing more about the difficult stage you went through, why you felt incapable of dealing with it and what bad choices you made? And perhaps share what things you wish you had done differently?

I know that’s a lot to ask, but I think it may be helpful for people who may be facing similar challenges(or will face them in the future) to learn lessons from a “seasoned” Christian.

Also, I remember reading in another thread that you went through some trials and tribulations with your church, which eventually drove you away from the church. You said the memories still haunt you. Would you like to talk about that? It may make others feel like they are not alone,  and talking about it may bring some additional healing to yourself.

Since you sent me a personal message about this recently, I have begun writing  up something about your first question. Your request is really 2 questions that need to be shared about separately, so I'll share about what you asked in the first question probably sometime early next week, and the 2nd question sometime later.

God bless you for asking. I pray that it may help you and others who have had trials also, or will, as you say, in the future.

All Christ's best to you, Dave :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Good morning ReneelW

I posted the thread you requested Friday night for you and others that this might bless.

Thank you again for asking.

God bless you and everyone here - Dave :)

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  33

I’ve just posted this on another thread, but thought I’d share it here as well as appropriate for laughing with God thread.

The day before yesterday we had to get up very early to go out.

I felt really out of it. Tired, washed out and a bit grumpy.

Whilst we were out, I remembered I needed to get some new pyjamas. But I didn’t feel like getting out of the car.

I finally did and on the clothes section, there was only one set of pyjamas in my size. I mumbled to Jesus, what do you think and I felt Him say “Get them”. Then I laughed to myself, because on the front of them it says “I Don’t Do Mornings!”.

God bless.

Becky. X