• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

As i grow in faith i need talk less. I have become a much quieter person especially in church. I arrive early, sit, read my Bible and the hymn book, pray and prepare myself for communion service. I need to do this to get the full value of sunday. 

I find the noise levels however intrusive. People chatter and act like it is a social occasion. We do have refreshments after service so feel surely they can keep chit chat and news until then? I used to be the same until i realised i want and need to focus on worship. After a very busy pressured week and another beginning, it is an oasis of opportunity to devote to God. 

Even at home, my refuge is to be alone as often as possible to read and pray. 

Do others feel like this? Yhat inane gossip and talk is a huge waste of time and energy? So much of this world is meaningless nonsense. I like quiet people. I understand now those who remain silent, they are the wise ones! I actively avoid the very talkative.

After the service i search for those who i know are deep believers so that we nourish each other or those who may be struggling and in need of a listening ear and comfort. 

I do pray for more patience. I wish to be humble, never superior. I aim to be a good listener - but only when someone truly needs that comfort. Otherwise it encourages the talkative all the more! I've actually developed techniques to be off-putting so i can be left in peace. 

I just think while we chatter on and on, we cannot hear the still small voice of God whom we so need.  

As from what I read you are growing just fine in the faith. Keep searching, seeking, asking and above all trusting God's love for you personally. For He does all things well and knows the plans He has for you; to give you a future and a hope.

Be blessed as you continue your growing up into Him in all things, as all those that are willing, find in them to be true.

In Christ, Not me  

Edited by Not me

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You and I would get along just fine, Melinda.....I am a very quiet person.....I do not like loud mouths who are always talking and have nothing to say....

Indeed. Empty vessels make the most sound. Oh how i love a silent but polite true believer next to me. 

Unfortunately i have had to make myself somewhat unavailable in order to avoid the gossips. Simple techniques. I say a brief polite greeting then sit and keep eyes down on my bible and hymn book. All around me they chat. Now they know i am not going to respond unless something is vital. After the service i am ready for a chat. It works. It means i actually worship not waste the time. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

You're in good company Melinda, ...Asaph was troubled about what he was observing around him, ...until he entered the sanctuary Psa 73, ...we need to be reverent in the place where we assemble to worship our Lord and wait for His Presence to come and teach us, ...maybe this is Father's wake-up call for you to find a different church.

Lord bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

As i grow in faith i need talk less. I have become a much quieter person especially in church. I arrive early, sit, read my Bible and the hymn book, pray and prepare myself for communion service. I need to do this to get the full value of sunday. 

I find the noise levels however intrusive. People chatter and act like it is a social occasion. We do have refreshments after service so feel surely they can keep chit chat and news until then? I used to be the same until i realised i want and need to focus on worship. After a very busy pressured week and another beginning, it is an oasis of opportunity to devote to God. 

Even at home, my refuge is to be alone as often as possible to read and pray. 

Do others feel like this? Yhat inane gossip and talk is a huge waste of time and energy? So much of this world is meaningless nonsense. I like quiet people. I understand now those who remain silent, they are the wise ones! I actively avoid the very talkative.

After the service i search for those who i know are deep believers so that we nourish each other or those who may be struggling and in need of a listening ear and comfort. 

I do pray for more patience. I wish to be humble, never superior. I aim to be a good listener - but only when someone truly needs that comfort. Otherwise it encourages the talkative all the more! I've actually developed techniques to be off-putting so i can be left in peace. 

I just think while we chatter on and on, we cannot hear the still small voice of God whom we so need.  

I think focusing on the service and what the Pastor has to say is a good thing. One of the issues I had with Church is that people seemed to be more interested in the social aspect of Church. When the service started people were still on in the narthex talking. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

thank you for posting this,  good points too