IGNORED

Tree of knowledge of good and evil

Guest Evgen

Q: Preacher, what’s known about the Tree of knowledge of good and evil?

A: Only what is written at the beginning of the Book of Genesis. Then it takes all the Written Word of GOD to understand the matter.

And out of the ground made the LORD GOD to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the Tree of Life also in the midst of the Garden, and the Tree of knowledge of good and evil. (Genesis 2:9)

And the LORD GOD commanded the Man, saying, Of every tree of the Garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. (Genesis 2:16-17)

Then, Chapter 3 of the Book of Genesis described our fall and ended this way:

And the LORD GOD said, Behold, the Man is become as one of Us, to know Good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the Tree of Life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the LORD GOD sent him forth from the Garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So He drove out the Man; and He placed at the east of the Garden of Eden Cherubims, and a Flaming Sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the Tree of Life. (Genesis 3:22-24)

The end of the story.

Let’s be reminded, by the way, that Genesis 3:22 is GOD’s sarcasm.

Well, the story left out some questions, which we try to get the Answers to.

The first. What did the name of the tree mean? GOD’s Test & Warning. Why so? Because only GOD gives Knowledge & Understanding, not any tree.

Consequently, the second question: how were the fruits of the Tree of knowledge of good and evil supposed to work?

By Genesis 2:16-17, to live eternally we were (and still are) going to have to be Obedient to GOD. Therefore, the only Reason why the Tree of knowledge of good and evil existed at all, was Prohibition. The fruits thereof were prohibited in favor of our Strict Obedience to Heavenly Father.

Mind Satan’s interest in our being fed on that tree. He was (and is) himself disobedient to the LORD and purposed to spread that disobedience throughout all Creation. The evil one has always done that by propagating the worldly reason, a.k.a. common sense,which is nothing but corrupted seeing of good & evil.

Taking the way of disobedience, we moved away from GOD and Communion with His Holy Spirit discontinued. When He leaves us, immediately the evil spirit stepped forward. No, it wasnt a work of a tree, but the terrible change in the Spirit Realm.

That step-back-step-forwardprinciple, or else the move of the Light-darkness frontier we discussed in chapter 64 (GOD’s Punishment).

Little children are called naive. Well, instead of learning from them, their parents teach them “wisdom.” And their young eyes get opened to see “good” and “evil” from Satan’s perspective.

So, the satanic reason became the processorof the human mind. Genesis 3:7.

Now, we can better see the third and most important point – why were those fruits forbiddenonly for our Good.

As you know, human brainpower can be useful or dangerous, as it can protect & save or ignore & destroy the World created, our sorry selves inclusive, depending on where that power is directed.

Shall we be disobedient to Father GOD and live forever? No way. May the Wisdom of GOD be praised!

The Tree of knowledge of good and evil could best serve people when left alone. It wasn’t the indispensable one in the Great Garden of GODGenesis 1:29-31.

As for the Tree itself, it was as wooden as any other, without any hidden mystery or powers or so. Its fruits were nice & tasty (Genesis 3:6) but in no way exceeded the physical value of those of the Tree of Life, which were to be most useful.

They say, when GOD closes one door, He opens another.

So, there is a sure Way back to GOD.

...men do not become Christians by associating with Church people, nor by Religious contact, nor by Religious education; they become Christians only by Invasion of their nature by the Spirit of GOD in the New Birth. (A.W. Tozer, GOD’s Pursuit Of Man)

(Q & A – Christian Communion in Questions & Answers,” chapter 440)

Edited by Evgen
formatting

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Evgen said:

Q: Preacher, what’s known about the Tree of knowledge of good and evil?

A: Only what is written at the beginning of the Book of Genesis. Then it takes all the Written Word of GOD to understand the matter.

So you've posted this in the Spiritual Warfare section, nicely copied and pasted from the internet for sure, but for the sake of discussion can you elaborate with your own thoughts, Evgen, please.

• Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

So you've posted this in the Spiritual Warfare section, nicely copied and pasted from the internet for sure, but for the sake of discussion can you elaborate with your own thoughts, Evgen, please.

Michael, the thing is, "Q & A" book is mine. In my profile, you may kindly pick up the link. The PDF copy is free. GOD bless you.

Igor Evgen

Christian Mind Ministry

3 minutes ago, Evgen said:

Michael, the thing is, "Q & A" book is mine. In my profile, you may kindly pick up the link. The PDF copy is free. GOD bless you.

Igor Evgen

Christian Mind Ministry

So what then? Why did you post this thread?

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

So what then? Why did you post this thread?

I guess it has something to do with our Spirit War. If you think the post should be shifted to some other page, well, tell it to our Administrators. I can't, since got no reply to my couple of letters.

13 minutes ago, Evgen said:

I guess it has something to do with our Spirit War. If you think the post should be shifted to some other page, well, tell it to our Administrators. I can't, since got no reply to my couple of letters.

No, it's alright here, I think. A FAQ is "Why was the TOTKOGAE in the Garden of Eden where it was accessible to Adam and Eve?" 

I believe its inclusion was integral to God's relationship with Adam and Eve, and by implication with His Creation. Good and evil were of course known to God but since He had previously declared all aspects of His Creation as good this was the only experience He desired for all things to have. Satan of course had other plans. From the beginning of Creation Satan's evil desires meant God was confronted with opposition, and meant His Creation was exposed to the possibility of experiencing the conflict that opposition to Him always brings. I believe the Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil refers us to the Omniscience of God and introduces His provision for dealing with all that opposes Him in order to ensure the victory of good over evil.  

IMHO, there are two perspectives here. First, the Knowledge of Good & evil as GOD teaches. The second is the knowledge of good & evil as Satan tries to implant. That I tried to explain.

Also, many Scriptures have more than one interpretation if and only if the latter don't contradict one another.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Satan had turned on God and either has or will take a third of the heavenly host with him.... Paul tells us that we will judge the angels.   God being a just and fair God made us not capable of judging from the lack of knowledge of good and evil....   so he worked it out with the tree so that Satan himself could give mankind the ability to know good from evil, right from wrong...…    and it was Satan himself that made it possible for us to do the judging.

That's what the tree is/was about....   You can say that He either intended for Adam to eat of the tree, or at least that he knew that he would....    and it's as simple as that.

5 minutes ago, Evgen said:

IMHO, there are two perspectives here. First, the Knowledge of Good & evil as GOD teaches. The second is the knowledge of good & evil as Satan tries to implant. That I tried to explain.

Also, many Scriptures have more than one interpretation if and only if the latter don't contradict one another.

We have to choose, that's inherent in Creation. Obedience to God or Opposition to Him was the choice Lucifer was pondering when he was in Eden.

(Eze 28:13)  You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created.