Sign in to follow this  
Yeshua153

Why Yeshua & not Jesus!

Posted (edited)

For over a year I have referred to saying Yeshua, rather than Jesus for a few reasons; firstly in 2Cor 11v4, it states there being another Jesus, gospel & spirit. Secondly, there are so many hispanic, S.American  & Spanish people called Jesus. Thirdly, unfortunately Jesus Christ has been a swear word for many. Fourthly, no one would have called Him Jesus 2000yrs ago, there being no J's in hebrew or greek, they would say Yeshua from the hebrew/aramaic, or Iesous, from the greek. 

So for me, Yeshua makes Him stand out from the rest, & the other Jesus. I know I don't apply the no j's theme for other names & places, but feel  it's important to address Him in this way, as being our unique Lord.

Edited by Yeshua153
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, Yeshua153 said:

For over a year I have referred to saying Yeshua, rather than Jesus for a few reasons; firstly in 1Cor 11v4, it states there being another Jesus, gospel & spirit. Secondly, there are so many hispanic, S.American  & Spanish people called Jesus. Thirdly, unfortunately Jesus Christ has been a swear word for many. Fourthly, no one would have called Him Jesus 2000yrs ago, there being no J's in hebrew or greek, they would say Yeshua from the hebrew/aramaic, or Iesous, from the greek. 

So for me, Yeshua makes Him stand out from the rest, & the other Jesus. I know I don't apply the no j's theme for other names & places, but feel  it's important to address Him in this way, as being our unique Lord.

I think you have raised some valid points.....

Posted (edited)

I also prefer the name Jeshua.

Even though the name Jeshua was very common name in bible times but only ONE was called Jeshua the Messiah ( Anointed One)

Edited by Worship Warriors

'Jesus ' would not have been His real name seeing it is a WESTERN translation....so I call Him Yashua or Lord of the SABBATH, so there is no confusing Him with pagan sun day, a western teaching and way off the mark ! This leads to following FALSE christs we are warned about !!! Mat 24v4, 5.

The name Jesus is used in so many derogative ways today and has lost all true meaning....DECEIVING people.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I think you have raised some valid points.....

Today ANYONE who speaks in the name of 'Jesus' seems to gain a following. They totally ignore the warning HE gave us re MANY FALSE christs who would use HIS name.. Mat 24v4,5.  

The true Jesus/Yashua has an identity that never changes....the same yesterday, today and forever. Christianity has severed Him from His original Beginning ....the result being a splintered and confused religion.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Betha said:

Today ANYONE who speaks in the name of 'Jesus' seems to gain a following. They totally ignore the warning HE gave us re MANY FALSE christs who would use HIS name.. Mat 24v4,5.  

The true Jesus/Yashua has an identity that never changes....the same yesterday, today and forever. Christianity has severed Him from His original Beginning ....the result being a splintered and confused religion.

Can't a false prophet or leader also use the name of Yeshua or Yashua to lead others astray as well? Look to the fruits as we are told in scripture. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Just now, Tigger56 said:

Can't a false prophet or leader also use the name of Yeshua or Yashua to lead others astray as well? Look to the fruits as we are told in scripture. 

No, because God's elect church are only looking for Yeshua to come in the clouds, at the 7th(last) trump 1Cor 15v52,1Thes 4v16-17, at the end of the 7yr tribulation, so should not be deceived by some man.

33 minutes ago, Yeshua153 said:

No, because God's elect church are only looking for Yeshua to come in the clouds, at the 7th(last) trump 1Cor 15v52,1Thes 4v16-17, at the end of the 7yr tribulation, so should not be deceived by some man.

God's elect church?  and which one is that?  your "no" really has no basis. Are you saying that those who believe in Christ and obey him are the elect or are the elect only those who believe in the use of Yeshua, thus all who believe in and say Jesus would not be saved? Is it the name "Yeshua" that saves or is it the Son of God, who answers to other names as his understanding of language is not limited. Do you also believe that God the Father only has one name?

Sign in to follow this