• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Worship Warriors said:

The Name

Yeshua' (Hebrew) —> Ιησους (Greek) —> Iesus (Latin) —> Jesus (English)-Yasu (Arabic)

His full name in Hebrew: Jeshua the Messiah .Whilst the name Jeshua was a very common name, not just anyone can claim to be Jeshua the Messiah. The Anointed One. In ancient Israel King Priest and Prophet were anointed for the office they held. The Messiah will hold the anointed office of King Priest Prophet. He will come through the prophetic line of Abraham Isaac and Jacob and be a descendent of David and sit on the throne of David as king and priest

In the Hebrews mindset, the nature of the Messiah is understood to be God Himself with us.

(Isaiah 9:6 ) (Jeremiah 23:5). Daniel 7:13-14   Psalm 110

I still prefer to call him by his Hebrew name and not by his English name.

"I still prefer"  is a good way to be on this. If you believe that the Lord only answers to "Yeshua" then you are in a dangerous place of misunderstanding. But to simply prefer it is good, just as some simply prefer "Jesus". I know of some who feel comfortable wearing tassels on their clothing. It doesn't make them more holy, or more righteous, it is their preference. However, some in the use of tassels and in the use of "Yeshua" think upon themselves as more righteous and I am sure this is also true of some who proclaim only "Jesus", this once more is a dangerous place of misunderstanding.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

8 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

For over a year I have referred to saying Yeshua, rather than Jesus for a few reasons; firstly in 1Cor 11v4, it states there being another Jesus, gospel & spirit. Secondly, there are so many hispanic, S.American  & Spanish people called Jesus. Thirdly, unfortunately Jesus Christ has been a swear word for many. Fourthly, no one would have called Him Jesus 2000yrs ago, there being no J's in hebrew or greek, they would say Yeshua from the hebrew/aramaic, or Iesous, from the greek. 

So for me, Yeshua makes Him stand out from the rest, & the other Jesus. I know I don't apply the no j's theme for other names & places, but feel  it's important to address Him in this way, as being our unique Lord.

ok Ive read 1 Cor 11:4 several times. I do not see where it is stated of  ANY other Jesus.

I do not see a relation with jesus and a spanish Jesus  pronounced different

God has also been a swear word for some thats on them not you

if you believe you are not a Christian ( gentile) then I agree Yeshua

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Just now, messedup said:

ok Ive read 1 Cor 11:4 several times. I do not see where it is stated of  ANY other Jesus.

I do not see a relation with jesus and a spanish Jesus  pronounced different

God has also been a swear word for some thats on them not you

if you believe you are not a Christian ( gentile) then I agree Yeshua

Sorry, I have corrected, should be 2Cor11v4, whoops!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

in 11 Corin 11:4 they are talking of a different gospel that differs from that of The Christ. It is happening today as well how can one choose today which gospel to follow. one says homosexuals can continue as they wish one says it is an abomination; one can not follow both. How can one choose if one gospel says that you can pray directly to God in Jesus name for forgiveness the other says you must go the the head of church for forgiveness

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

I am living now and not 2000 years ago so I will call Him Jesus. 

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

12 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

For over a year I have referred to saying Yeshua, rather than Jesus for a few reasons; firstly in 2Cor 11v4, it states there being another Jesus, gospel & spirit. Secondly, there are so many hispanic, S.American  & Spanish people called Jesus. Thirdly, unfortunately Jesus Christ has been a swear word for many. Fourthly, no one would have called Him Jesus 2000yrs ago, there being no J's in hebrew or greek, they would say Yeshua from the hebrew/aramaic, or Iesous, from the greek. 

So for me, Yeshua makes Him stand out from the rest, & the other Jesus. I know I don't apply the no j's theme for other names & places, but feel  it's important to address Him in this way, as being our unique Lord.

You make some good points and I would possibly use it but then I'd have to learn to spell it. I usually use the term Christ, which isn't referring to Him as a name but as what He is. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

16 hours ago, Yeshua153 said:

For over a year I have referred to saying Yeshua, rather than Jesus for a few reasons; firstly in 2Cor 11v4, it states there being another Jesus, gospel & spirit. Secondly, there are so many hispanic, S.American  & Spanish people called Jesus. Thirdly, unfortunately Jesus Christ has been a swear word for many. Fourthly, no one would have called Him Jesus 2000yrs ago, there being no J's in hebrew or greek, they would say Yeshua from the hebrew/aramaic, or Iesous, from the greek. 

There is just one Jesus. Maybe in other languages the name is different. That doesn't bother me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Betha said:

AS usual for Christians, many different opinions ! they can never agree on anything ! 

In my 40 years study i have yet to meet a Christian who uses the name JESUS have any LEANINGS toward Sabbath or 'Lord of the Sabbath'....all are staunch followers of the roman sun day presented to us by the ROMAN church. People do not seem to realise that theirs is an IMPERSONATED jesus and not the REAL one from NAZARETH .

Changing GOD's HOLY DAY/time from sabbath to sunday is their undoing and downfall unless they repent and are converted. Depriving Yashua of His rightful identity can not lead to the Kingdom of God. We are WARNED of being DECEIVED !!! Mat 24v4,5. 

Yeshua-Messiah. And yes, camels swallowed by the boat load arguing minutiae. The Lord must sometimes get upset with the followers of pagan stuff especially around Ishtar and X-mass. No one I have met in person understands the antisemitism of the SUN-day resurrection. They cling to faulty doctrines and disparage the Passover and Seventh day Sabbath resurrection.  There has been a general falling away form the truth. 

I am in no wise anywhere close to having it all figured out, so do not judge those that do not see it the way I do. However, it does boggle my mind about how 'normal' believers can be entranced and indoctrinated so readily. It is all there for us to figure out if we have a mind to, but it will require us to leave the pack and become loners. If all are doing it, it might be incorrect - there is NO SAFETY in numbers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72

1 hour ago, Betha said:

AS usual for Christians, many different opinions ! they can never agree on anything ! 

In my 40 years study i have yet to meet a Christian who uses the name JESUS have any LEANINGS toward Sabbath or 'Lord of the Sabbath'....all are staunch followers of the roman sun day presented to us by the ROMAN church. People do not seem to realise that theirs is an IMPERSONATED jesus and not the REAL one from NAZARETH .

Changing GOD's HOLY DAY/time from sabbath to sunday is their undoing and downfall unless they repent and are converted. Depriving Yashua of His rightful identity can not lead to the Kingdom of God. We are WARNED of being DECEIVED !!! Mat 24v4,5. 

Hi, I am Tigger56. I use the name of Jesus in my prayers and normal conversation. It is Jesus that I praise everyday. It is to the Lord God and my Lord Jesus that I dedicate my life. In the name of Jesus, I have seen prayers answered and miracles occur. I keep the weekly Sabbath as well as the annual Holy Days and am excited that we will soon be approaching the Feast of Trumpets, the Day of atonement and then my favorite, the Feast of Tabernacles!  So now you have met a Christian that uses the name of Jesus as well as keeping the Sabbath!  Nice to meet you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Betha said:

22 hours ago, Betha said:

'Jesus ' would not have been His real name seeing it is a WESTERN translation....so I call Him Yashua or Lord of the SABBATH, so there is no confusing Him with pagan sun day, a western teaching and way off the mark ! This leads to following FALSE christs we are warned about !!! Mat 24v4, 5.

The name Jesus is used in so many derogative ways today and has lost all true meaning....DECEIVING people.

Here is what I am understanding these posts to be saying:

That most people on this site are not Christians.  That this is proven by a few different things.  First, they use the wrong name for the Son of God which is not Jesus but Yashua.  The second is that anyone who worships on Sunday instead of Saturday is not a Christian.  The third is that real Christians should have few if any disagreements on anything.

I just spent some time skimming many of your other posts to try to understand what you believe.   I am trying to represent this as honestly and accurately as I can based on piecing together hundreds of posts.  The first point is that the RCC started a sequence of false teachings and that the protestant reformation did not escape it.  Hence virtually all denominations in existence today are wrong and proclaiming another Jesus.  Anyone wanting to be a Christian must correctly identify these false teachings and reject them.   I won't bother to get into specific points and details related to the Trinity, personhood of the Holy Spirit, eternal judgement, etc.  which seem to be viewed as RCC false teachings.  As near as I can tell, a simplified overview of the gospel you are preaching is this.  That through Yashua's atoning work, we are forgiven.  Repentance and conversion then means we obey God's commands in the Bible to the best of our abilities.  If we do so adequately in this life, that we will be born-again through the resurrection into eternal life.

The most notable thing to me is a general absence of the testimony of God's presence in the heart of Christians as being a normal part of being a Christian.  Indeed, some posts almost seemed to deny the possibility of this.   As I understand some of your posts,  Christians who testify to a conversion experience in which they suddenly became aware of God's presence are actually being deceived by the devil unless it results in them actively obeying God's commands including observing the Sabbath.

• Brilliant! 1