• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

22 minutes ago, Sower said:

" One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike.
Let every man be fully persuaded
in his own mind"

Like I said before, these 'doctrines' take pains to avoid the Sabbath. This quote has nothing to do with God's Sabbath. Look at the context and who he is preaching to. Nothing to do with doing away with the Sabbath.

I have seen this and other misquotes why? Because they seem to WANT to have an excuse for not observing the Sabbath as God commanded. Old RCC and early church fears of retribution started it all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, Sower said:

His 'Holy Day" is today, the day the Lord has made. I rejoice.
Every day is Holy. I will not waste your time nor mine, as to what I believe.

" One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike.
Let every man be fully persuaded
in his own mind" (as you said, like Paul)

Believe what you will, and beat your chest and raise your hands  in your perfect understanding of God's mind.
As a sinner saved by grace, I try to avoid rehashing this topic that leads to non Christlike emotions, towards other believers.
The topic, or OP, is about what is the "proper" name we should call God's only begotten Son.
Here we're now discussing which day is 'proper to worship'.
And the enemy is laughing at us, having created more strife amongst the brethren.
And for this I apologize to you and others viewing.
I'll sign off now, go out to my shop, and do some constructive work.
May God bless you, Betha.

Well said.

In one sense however, the sabbath discussion is a poignant clarification of which "Jesus" we indeed follow.  The following is what I best understand various posts to have been saying.

Some choose to follow one named Yashua.  This Yashua does not send the person of the Holy Spirit to transform and change us to grow fruit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, self-control, faithfulness) in our lives, but rather came to set an example for holy living that we must strive for.  This Yashua has very few followers because few if any churches today believe in Him.  This Yashua rejects any who fail to proclaim that he was resurrected on a particular day of the week.  In two millennia, this Yashua still only has a handful of followers while the false Jesus has millions upon millions of followers.    The devil has so successfully stamped out his name that a web site containing Bibles (biblegateway) has not a mention of his name Yashua in 60 English Bibles or 19 Spanish Bibles.  The only thing close is 3 English Bibles which have Yeshua.   Those 400 million native Spanish speakers in the world do not appear to have a Bible with Yashua's name instead all using Jesucristo which is a form of the name Jesus.  Indeed, hardly anyone in the world has available a Bible to them properly proclaiming Yashua as the real name of the Son of God.

Yashua calls us to obey God's commands properly.  If we have done so, we will reap the reward of our efforts and be born-again in the resurrection to eternal life.  As near as I can tell, a true follower of Yashua is not deceived or distracted by testimonies of spiritual experiences and miracles which occur through a false Jesus.  As far as I can tell, the only fruit of which can be believed of a follower of Yashua are obvious things such as Sabbath keeping, rejection of the false Jesus, denouncing all false churches, keeping God's commands to the best of one's ability, and proclaiming to others that to love Yashua is to keep God's commands to the best of one's ability.

In contrast, followers of Jesus testify that there was a point in their life that the Holy Spirit touched them in a spiritually tangible way that they could feel.  They testify that they then had a sense of God's presence that they had never had before.  They testify that their lives started changing.  They testify of answered prayers and God's providence in their life.  Those who've followed this Jesus for decades testify of assurance and peace that they are in God's hands. They have a trust and confidence in Him because of all they've seen Him do in their lives and others.  They see spiritual fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control emerge and flow from their hearts outward into their lives.  These followers of Jesus testify of being set free from addictions and healed from spiritual and emotional bondage.  These followers of Jesus know many other followers of Jesus and regularly meet together for fellowship and worship.  These followers of Jesus have proclaimed this name of Jesus in all parts of the world.  These followers of Jesus see the fruit of a transformed life as the primary evidence one is a follower of Jesus.

The biggest difference I can see is that followers of Jesus testify to what God has done as the most important thing in their lives whereas followers of Yashua proclaim keeping God's commands as the important thing in their lives.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

Here is what I am understanding these posts to be saying:

That most people on this site are not Christians.  That this is proven by a few different things.  First, they use the wrong name for the Son of God which is not Jesus but Yashua.  The second is that anyone who worships on Sunday instead of Saturday is not a Christian.  The third is that real Christians should have few if any disagreements on anything.

I agree with point 1 & 3, your 2nd is not quite right, as they went both days. On Sunday they would share an agape meal, afterwards, with the poor getting 1st helpings.

I do not go to any church, as there isn't one who is proclaiming truth. Church defined from ekklesia- called out ones, which I am one of few spread around. Having gone through being in JW's, anglican, baptist, & pentecostal churches, God finally led me to His truth.

In Acts2 we see that 3000 souls were being saved v41. Seems quite a lot, but not so, for there were around 12 million from far & wide. That is .025%, going by the same ratio, the 63000 members here, would plummet to around 15-16 people who are true believers! In the UK, around 80 000 000 would reduce to 20,000, although for me, that sounds too many, as so few want the truth.

The arguments about the sabbath are wrong, as the spiritual sabbath is daily, as well as the passover is daily, worship should be daily, not just saturday or sunday, & most important we should die daily to self. Lk9v23 & 1Cor15v31

• Followers:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

The biggest difference I can see is that followers of Jesus testify to what God has done as the most important thing in their lives whereas followers of Yashua proclaim keeping God's commands as the important thing in their lives.

Dude, you had me goin till close to the end, and what sweet irony...........default_cool2.gif.ae0345520861b9057020664a20f3a625.gif

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I've been a member here for a few years, and over that time I've seen several posts started about law- or commandment-keeping, and they all end with a subtle (or not so subtle) chastisement against those who disagree. I'll say this: unless the Holy Ghost tells me otherwise, I'll salute them for their doggedness, and take a hard pass.

Yeshua/Jesus, is the same person. Sabbath, Seventh day, is the same day. Sure, all days belong to the Lord, but He did set one aside for our benefit. Has nothing to do with "the Law" but has a lot to do with the Ten Commandments that were not really 'ten suggestions'.

You all have to do what you see is right in your own eyes. Oh, and by the way, Judaizers were reprimanded nicely in the Hebrews scripture because they wanted the beleaguered and victimized saints to revert back to the Temple Sacrificial system. Nothing to do with 'law' as such, but so many just parrot stuff and do not see the significance of Leviticus and other books. To an Israeli, the phrase 'the law' most often refers to the Tanach as a whole.

If we actually read the scriptures we might understand further. Take Leviticus 2-3 for example. It is about bringing a grain offering to the Priests and a handful to be burnt as an offering to The Lord. It signifies God's ideas succinctly. Namely, do not mix stuff with your offering but add salt as a confirmation of the Covenant and this demonstrates that unlike the pagans (who mixed in honey etc) your gift is to Me the Lord Your God. This was NOT an atonement thing, but a communal meal thing to celebrate God's good favor and thankfulness to Him. In other words, do NOT do as the pagans do, but do as I Require and let's have a party.

God has not changed. He does want us to be Holy and set apart from the pagan world and their doctrines.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Like I said before, these 'doctrines' take pains to avoid the Sabbath. This quote has nothing to do with God's Sabbath. Look at the context and who he is preaching to. Nothing to do with doing away with the Sabbath.

I have seen this and other misquotes why? Because they seem to WANT to have an excuse for not observing the Sabbath as God commanded. Old RCC and early church fears of retribution started it all.

After thirty years growing up in RCC, a faithful brother  planted a seed and I got saved and left that church,
and all it's rules and archaic traditions. I do not want to enter another.
You say I should observe the sabbath, right Justin? How should I do that? (really)I have heard that it is
impossible today, without all doing the rest of the observances.
Honestly, if our church started having services on Saturday, I reckon I would still go.
But it would change nothing. Just my schedule. I would not bring turtle doves to the service, nor any of the other hundreds of rules.
You and others like minded only confuse the minds and hearts of myself, and others who just want to serve the Lord.
Leaving the RCC, and finding (being found) by Jesus *** oops *** did I just call my Lord and Savior a wrong/bad name???
As a believer in the Savior of the world (His name withheld due to confusion) today I find out I should not worship on a certain day, (the mark of the beast day), and I cannot call my Savior Jesus. ANYMORE.  I just cannot please everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
However. I'm doing my utmost to please God. Jesus Christ!!and HIM crucified!
AS I HAVE DETERMINED THE TRUTH!    I'm responsible for my actions and will be held accountable.
And all I have taught my daughters, and son, and others.
When I cry out to the one I call 'Jesus', I know God the Father's only begotten son heard me!
When I go to a body of believers to fellowship, pray and study, sing and worship, I believe God is pleased.
No matter the day of the week. MY belief, my responsibility.
If I'm wrong, so be it.! If I'm right, who cares.
(Will I lose my salvation?)

I just observe and venerate the Sabbath to my Lord. I do not jump thru Judaistic hoops and add ordinances to it. (like some would want to add)

What does the Lord require of thee? To do justly to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Those that ignore God's Sabbath think up all kinds of insults and demands of those of us that do observe it. We do observe it and are not afraid to say so. 

I keep the TEN and when I fail on any point, I repent as I ought to do. Why, because if I fail on one, I fail on all of them. 

I am not telling others what to do. I am saying what I do as a witness to others. Keep the Shabbat Holy in as much as you can, because the blood of goats etc., do not impress the Lord God. But a meek and contrite heart does. So in faith I do this small thing to Honor my God.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Seeking God’s “ requirements”for Salvation will not work . If you choose to go the performance route for your justification before God, you will come up short.The Standard for Keeping the requirements is Perfection—- and you nor anyone else can keep it. Thankfully, God has provided another way, if you are interested.Simply believe the Gospel Of 1cor15:1 and rest in it.Thats the only requirement you must observe to be saved.You need to change your mind-set.Repent from trying and move on to trusting.

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Seeking God’s “ requirements”for Salvation will not work . If you choose to go the performance route for your justification before God, you will come up short.The Standard for Keeping the requirements is Perfection—- and you nor anyone else can keep it. Thankfully, God has provided another way, if you are interested.Simply believe the Gospel Of 1cor15:1 and rest in it.Thats the only requirement you must observe to be saved.You need to change your mind-set.Repent from trying and move on to trusting.

Yeshua/Jesus gave Moses the TEN, TWICE. It is not a 'work' as you would wish to impose on us, it is purely an honor to do what the Lord Commanded. Go read the TEN and see. Yeshua is the "perfection" for me and like Him, I observe that Sabbath knowing it was given for man. Has absolutely nothing to do with ordinances and your supposed "law" of "works". It is just obeying His Command to keep the Sabbath Holy. Set Apart unto God. Plain and simple. If you want to add to that all your reasons for NOT keeping it, that is up to you. It is NEVER a salvation issue that you now wish to drag into the conversation. "Those that Love me keep my commandments" is what He said. Go figure.