Yeshua153

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

There are also many 'anointed ones'. This is merely a sign that God chose you for a job to do. Cyrus was 'anointed'. It means nothing out of its context. Be careful with words. They have meanings and can be dangerous.

And for all those that keep ADDING to what is said in plain speech: please stop equating salvation with something we do or do not do. How difficult is that? Can you do this please?

It muddies the waters for believers that are still learning and causes others consternation. Salvation is non-negotiable state that believers find from God's Grace. It is their POSITION, and though the adversary does not like it one bit, nothing can change that fact. Please desist from quoting stuff to do with your take on Salvation and stick to the facts.

It is not as if there are not enough burdens on believers. They have a continual battle against the world, the flesh and the devil. Please do NOT add to this by inferring that a state of SALVATION must be continually earned. Throw away your doctrines. Discard denominational bias and face the irrefutable facts.

Yeshua/Jesus the Messiah of Yahweh saves. We believe on Him that God raised from the dead and WE ARE SAVED. Period.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, Betha said:

Yes it seems God does ignore -does NOT hear Sinners - when they reject, deny or transgress HIS appointed days and times deliberately and persistently. ..God allows for mistakes and correction but not rebellion Heb 12.

Paul need to explain this to the gentile church in Colosse because they were not Jews and they did not follow appointed days as you suggested.

Colossians 2: 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

• Oy Vey! 1

12 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Paul need to explain this to the gentile church in Colosse because they were not Jews and they did not follow appointed days as you suggested.

Colossians 2: 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

A misquote out of context. Has NOTHING to do with the weekly Sabbath.

Has EVERYTHING to do with the Colosses' worship of deities that required all kinds of weird sacrifices and feast days and abstinence and their idea of sabbaths.

Please see this it IN CONTEXT and as the people of that day would understand it. Do no read it as a 21st century person that has acres of poor doctrines to choose from.

Has NOTHING to do with God's Sabbath, let us not keep harping on this broken record. It is wearisome!

I know there is a 'list' preached against the Sabbath keepers. It is not only doctrine but is INDOCTRINATION and patently untrue. We must not mislead, but encourage.

Yeshua is Aramaic for Iesus or Jesus. because there are so many false jesus' around us, I like to differentiate so that the Sabbath followers of Yeshua ha-Messiah (God's Messiah) will plainly see this.

I do not tell anyone else what to do, neither will I muddy the waters and try to lead others astray. Life is hard enough without this disinformation.

Just read the TEN and see for yourself. 

• Thumbs Up 2

OK, before I move away form this topic entirely:

The apostles sat down with the Jews, the estranged Israelis and the pagan non-Israelis. They opened their scriptures to them and taught from the Tanach. They showed them the TEN Commandments and explained that they should obey them all and ignore this one. "Keep the Sabbath Holy Unto the Lord".

Did they really do this?

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

A misquote out of context. Has NOTHING to do with the weekly Sabbath.

Has EVERYTHING to do with the Colosses' worship of deities that required all kinds of weird sacrifices and feast days and abstinence and their idea of sabbaths.

Please see this it IN CONTEXT and as the people of that day would understand it. Do no read it as a 21st century person that has acres of poor doctrines to choose from.

Has NOTHING to do with God's Sabbath, let us not keep harping on this broken record. It is wearisome!

I know there is a 'list' preached against the Sabbath keepers. It is not only doctrine but is INDOCTRINATION and patently untrue. We must not mislead, but encourage.

Yeshua is Aramaic for Iesus or Jesus. because there are so many false jesus' around us, I like to differentiate so that the Sabbath followers of Yeshua ha-Messiah (God's Messiah) will plainly see this.

I do not tell anyone else what to do, neither will I muddy the waters and try to lead others astray. Life is hard enough without this disinformation.

Just read the TEN and see for yourself. 

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

OK, before I move away form this topic entirely:

The apostles sat down with the Jews, the estranged Israelis and the pagan non-Israelis. They opened their scriptures to them and taught from the Tanach. They showed them the TEN Commandments and explained that they should obey them all and ignore this one. "Keep the Sabbath Holy Unto the Lord".

Did they really do this?

Good points, Justin.
For context, consider,

Colossians 1, 9-10  For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled
with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding
;

10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Then, next chapter,
Colossians 2:

6 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits[a] of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities[b] and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.[c]

Let No One Disqualify You

16 Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17 These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions,[d] puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

20 If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations 21 “Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch” 22 (referring to things that all perish as they are used)—according to human precepts and teachings? 23 These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh.

Just saying. Your thoughts. I respect your scriptural understanding.

I do not know the results of, or the difference of, the day I worship in fellowship as a local body.
Unless the sabbath is not about the coming together as a body on a given (sabbath) day, but honoring
a specific day, Saturday, as a rule to show respect, or honor as a holy day.
I thought the Lord became our Sabbath, and said 'it is finished'

Sabbath; the seventh day of the week observed from Friday evening to Saturday evening as a day of rest and worship by Jews

Hebrews 4:9-11  There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

I have not studied this much for so many years, ever actually, thinking God was unconcerned about OT law, or what day to rest. Really.
I just thought I should honor every day, as unto the Lord, and give thanks.
Not until my brother, who was saved in my home, drifted into seventh day Adventist ism,  and later told
me that he and his church were praying for me and my family to get saved and not worship on the pagan  SUN DAY,
the mark of the beast stigma, did I begin to consider any importance.What a jolt! And recently on this forum.
Just trying to 'gird up' my understanding.

What is your understanding of all this, Justin
Do you really think God cares which day I fellowship, or honor more than the other days?
I want to do the 'right thing', but shucks, it's getting complicated...........
default_cool2.gif.a85398783d96f6ee218675237946dfe5.gif

Did you notice that they worshiped angels in Colosse. That was a major thing for the apostle there. Worship of the wrong deity(s). He had to explain what most Israelis already knew from their teaching via the Tanach and much priestly discourse and inter-testament ideas and theology. A different take really and similar to what is happening today. The bad dudes are at it 24/7/365.

In regards to Hebrews, here his problem was the push from Jews to get the converts back to the old sacrificial system. He now had to explain the Covenant in New Covenant language. Thus he uses hyperbole sometimes (a very eastern form of emphasis). So he labored to get them away from the works of the law, but did not dismiss the law either. Very difficult in an atmosphere of persecution and property confiscation. I doubt we would do much better if that happened to us today.

The apostles still regarded the Sabbath and the festivals that God ordained. It is written that Saul wanted to get back to share Passover but could only make it in time for Pentecost. They kept the feasts. Hebrews knew that the feasts were very important in a prophetic sense and kept their calendars by them.

Think of it this way. Your road map is important, but not nearly as important as being a skillful driver.

Our main problem to understanding scripture today is that we do not get in the mindset and world view of to whom and when the scriptures were penned. They generally faced a world that is completely foreign to us. We have some awful doctrines and dogmas handed to us and rarely are we asked to critique them. We are encouraged to check in our brains at the church doors and just imbibe a few minutes of poorly thought out ideas from some denominational party line. Much of the scripture is quoted in the wrong way and often used to bash us into agreement.

Take the 7th day people you mentioned. Some of their take is OK-ish, but some is off the wall. Ms White would be a good example. Not so good.

In scripture times there were no TVs, no cell phones and no instant communication except for your local community. But they watched the stars and had some interesting physical cosmology. They also had Heavenly Cosmology of Geographical importance. They knew about God'd throne and His holy ones and what they did 'up there'.  (psalm 82, 79 etc.) They also read much. They had a far more workable view of theology than we do today. They were brought up with this so sometimes the signs in the heavens and the words of prophets were to them of far greater significance than us today.

On you tube there are a plethora of prophets. Ad nauseum.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Just for clarification ... Yehoshua -- is Joshua ... Yeshua was literally the way you say "Salvation".   

@Betha  I want to be clear, do you believe that people can be saved in the "name of Jesus"?   

God bless,

George

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 minute ago, Betha said:

....and not one of the impersonators resurrected without proof of identity.

... which is?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,215
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, George said:

... back to the question at hand ... why Yeshua and not Jesus?  I've personally visited and been to "Messianic" congregations where "Yeshua was welcomed" and "Jesus was despised", and I believe this is heretical to its core. 

Jesus is simply the latin transliteration of the Greek Iesous ... it was simply the way you spelled it.   God is bigger than how you pronounce his name ... he is literally looking at the hearts and intents of men.  I was saved in the name of "Jesus" and it wasn't for a few years that I even heard the name "Yeshua".  I was radically transformed and changed in the name of "Jesus" ... it wasn't the name that transformed ... it was Jesus that literally transforms people!  :)

That's the ultimate proof ... are you a sinner transformed and redeemed?   

AMEN

The Name

Yeshua' (Hebrew) —> Ιησους (Greek) —> Iesus (Latin) —> Jesus (English)-Yasu (Arabic)

it wasn't the name that transformed ... it was Jesus that literally transforms people!  :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1