• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

3 minutes ago, Betha said:

but seems that not even HIS NAME can now be safely used as genuine since MANY FALSE christs have arisen and are deceiving many.

But the same can be used for those who use the name "Yahshua" ... as I've run into the "sacred namer" types of people who believe if you are saved by any other name than "Yahshua" (which incidentally is not even a hebrew word) ... then you are lost and in need of salvation.

This is also a major error ... as errors are prevalent in the last days ... it's false doctrines that deceive ... and they can be spread in any name!  ;)  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

7 minutes ago, Betha said:

just a suggestion, George, thank you for allowing me an opinion.

I love conversations ... and I believe if we're truly seeking the Lord ... He is always working out our "theology".  Praise God that He doesn't save based on theology, but based on His Son!  :)

Just remember that Shabbat was not made for God -- it was made for MAN.  And the true essence of Shabbat is found in Hebrews 4 ... resting from our works, and resting in HIM!

Heb 4:1  Therefore, a promise being left to enter into His rest, let us fear lest any of you should seem to come short of it. 

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

I prefer the Aramaic "Yeshua" because I feel this it allows me the leeway to mentally include the Sabbath and Joshua etc. I am fairly comfortable that Yeshua communicated with His disciples in this sister tongue to Hebrew, which is a more classical and Priestly language in His day. 

Just my way of inner reasoning and some of my understanding of Yeshau's Life. I do not expect any one else to see it exactly the way I do, and that is in line with the Father's concept of His Family - no two alike; but all in that same Heavenly and Earthly Family. We are all Sons and Daughters of the King of Kings.
As in Heaven, so on earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

I've heard the name of Jesus since I was a child so it feels awkward and artificial for me to say His name in a language that is foreign to me....though I do it sometimes for the sake of others.  It tells us something of His lovely humble nature that He had such a common name....and it makes Him very approachable.  He didn't give Himself any status or titles or offices, much less a special name that stood out.  Where we see His "Name" in scripture is speaking of Who He is and His Authority, it's just not about His earthly name being special, it's about HIM being special.

But I can't help noticing in general that people always want to add something to what God requires of us....as though it will make them more righteous.  Self-righteousness does not please God.  And anything of self and flesh will always lead to problems....just look at the fruit of it, the gross error that it leads to that others have pointed out.  I find there are things that are just silly to argue about.  Not saying in this case, but sometimes the only reason for bringing things like this up is for the sake of appearing righteous outwardly, when meanwhile I think we all have far more important work to do on the inside of our cup.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

1 hour ago, Betha said:

I do not yet see GOD's WILL being done on earth or people having learned obedience Heb 5v8,9....so to me there is still work to be done in the Lord to reach that complete rest. 

Then you're falling short of His rest.  What is His Rest?  Perhaps, we should start there.  :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Betha said:

I do not yet see GOD's WILL being done on earth or people having learned obedience Heb 5v8,9....so to me there is still work to be done in the Lord to reach that complete rest. 

Dear one, you have stated your own problem, "I do not see," and the verse you quoted is the very example of why you do not see.

Though He were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered;  And being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him;  Heb 5:9

Jesus is God's Son sent to earth with the express purpose, His mission, to provide Atonement for lost mankind, ...how, ...by keeping the Commandments of God His Father to live a sinless life, ...which He did and His Resurrection from among all of humanity and the only human to remain alive after his Resurrection and is alive for all Eternity is the proof that His Father was pleased with and accepted what He had accomplished for mankind.

Look at the verse you quoted, ...it says Jesus is perfect, can you see that, ...I'm certain you can, ...the word perfect is  teleioō which means:  

1) to make perfect, complete
1a) to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end
2) to complete (perfect)
2a) add what is yet wanting in order to render a thing full
2b) to be found perfect
3) to bring to the end (goal) proposed
4) to accomplish
4a) bring to a close or fulfilment by event
4a1) of the prophecies of the scriptures

Now beloved, ...here is what you don't see (understand, comprehend):

So that if any one is in Christ, that one is a new creature; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.  2 Cor 5:17

We who are in Christ, ...in is showing a fixed position in place, time or state, ...a born again child of God's state, at this present time, ...my place, ...is in the perfect Jesus Christ who has completed the work His Father sent Him to do for me, that means since Jesus has rested from His work and since I'm presently in Him I have rested from my works, that He has completed for me, ...that I think or believe I need to perform to please our Father, ...I have been declared Righteous, Holy and Blameless before Father from before the foundation of he world..

Also, since I'm in Christ, ...and He has been declared a High Priest forever after the order of Melchizedek, ...and the High Priest represents, makes offerings and intercedes for the people, ...my High Priest, ...Jesus Christ, ...after the order of Melchizedek is constantly interceding for me.

In Light of this Truth may I humbly suggest you take Jesus' offer to heart, please, prayerfully consider it:

Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.   Matt 11:28-30

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.   Matt 11:28-30

What a blessed way of life to rest in Jesus....we are accepted in the Beloved.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Dear one, you have stated your own problem, "I do not see," and the verse you quoted is the very example of why you do not see.

Though He were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered;  And being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him;  Heb 5:9

Jesus is God's Son sent to earth with the express purpose, His mission, to provide Atonement for lost mankind, ...how, ...by keeping the Commandments of God His Father to live a sinless life, ...which He did and His Resurrection from among all of humanity and the only human to remain alive after his Resurrection and is alive for all Eternity is the proof that His Father was pleased with and accepted what He had accomplished for mankind.

Look at the verse you quoted, ...it says Jesus is perfect, can you see that, ...I'm certain you can, ...the word perfect is  teleioō which means:  

1) to make perfect, complete
1a) to carry through completely, to accomplish, finish, bring to an end
2) to complete (perfect)
2a) add what is yet wanting in order to render a thing full
2b) to be found perfect
3) to bring to the end (goal) proposed
4) to accomplish
4a) bring to a close or fulfilment by event
4a1) of the prophecies of the scriptures

Now beloved, ...here is what you don't see (understand, comprehend):

So that if any one is in Christ, that one is a new creature; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.  2 Cor 5:17

We who are in Christ, ...in is showing a fixed position in place, time or state, ...a born again child of God's state, at this present time, ...my place, ...is in the perfect Jesus Christ who has completed the work His Father sent Him to do for me, that means since Jesus has rested from His work and since I'm presently in Him I have rested from my works, that He has completed for me, ...that I think or believe I need to perform to please our Father, ...I have been declared Righteous, Holy and Blameless before Father from before the foundation of he world..

Also, since I'm in Christ, ...and He has been declared a High Priest forever after the order of Melchizedek, ...and the High Priest represents, makes offerings and intercedes for the people, ...my High Priest, ...Jesus Christ, ...after the order of Melchizedek is constantly interceding for me.

In Light of this Truth may I humbly suggest you take Jesus' offer to heart, please, prayerfully consider it:

Lord bless

Excellent post @JustPassingThru

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

I sense confusion and this is not a good thing. His own will be called out by name and they know the voice of the master and will not follow another  John 10. 

Its OK if one wants call Him Yeshua but don't force others. Jesus knows my name and yours to. He knows who are His and He knows who are not of His flock . I call Him Jesus but mostly I call Him LORD! When I pray I say  Father as Jesus taught but I can't judge another who might say Father by another language.  

John 10 King James Version (KJV)

10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Betha said:

Thank you all kindly for your posts...a lot there for me to think on and pray about !!!

Dear one, ...it's not really a matter thinking or praying about, ...spiritual Truth only comes through revelation from the Holy Spirit:

...that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the Spirit of Wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,  Eph 1;17b

...it's just a matter of asking from your heart if what you have been taught could be wrong, ...IF you come before the Holy Spirit in this manner and ask Him without any preconceived  beliefs, ideas or doctrines, ...He will teach you the Truth 1 John 2:27, "Let there be Light and there was Light!" is just as applicable today as it was 6,000 years ago Gen 1:3, ...we come naked before God, without pride Jas 4:6, and admitting our need Luke 18:38 and in Faith believing He will answer us.

Father, I lift up Bertha, one whom you love, ...I ask Father that You would open her ears to hear Your still, small voice, to open her heart to receive Your Word and the Holy Spirit would illuminate the Truth of Your Word that is living and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword to cut away any teaching that is not of You and replace it, plant it and water, YOUR Word, YOUR Truth in her heart and soul, ...in the Name of Jesus and for Your glory. AMEN  

Lord bless

• Loved it! 1