• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

16 minutes ago, Betha said:

In my view it can only be done through God's Grace and our obedience to His instructions.....all must work out our own salvation....if they want to do different that is their choice.

You and many others rely on resting in the 'finished work on the cross' precious as far as it goes, but God's work with man is NOT FINISHED YET as I understand....hence more to learn in and with the Lord until all has been accomplished  and we have endured to the end.

The problem is that you are connecting your "works of obedience" to your salvation.  It's a gift of God ... our obedience is based out of love ... not out of trying to "keep our salvation".   There is a HUGE difference!  It reminds of the issues that Paul was dealing with -- with the church in Galatia.

You know, God knows the beginning from the end ... and while we're here transfixed in this "dimension" and in this "time", He is outside of this dimension and time.  He ALREADY SEES you for who you are -- outside the realm of time!   God already is looking at the FUTURE PERFECT sense.  For example, in Romans 8 -- 

Romans 8:30  But whom He predestinated, these He also called; and whom He called, those He also justified. And whom He justified, these He also glorified.

When you study this in GREEK, all of these are already consummated ... as if it's both complete and certain.  :)

If you are truly justified ... then you are truly glorified -- in the eyes of God! 

Notice that Paul did not include, sanctified in this passage ... because the work of sanctification ... becoming more and more holy ... is what we are doing right now!  If you confuse the work of "sanctification" and tie this to "salvation" ... then you are in essence tying your salvation to your own works ... does that make sense?

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

43 minutes ago, Betha said:

You and many others rely on resting in the 'finished work on the cross' precious as far as it goes, but God's work with man is NOT FINISHED YET as I understand....hence more to learn in and with the Lord until all has been accomplished  and we have endured to the end.

When the Lord was transfigured on the Mout (most likely Hermon) where a lot of really bad stuff began, He was poking the Adversaries in the eye. That area is loosly referd to as Bashan. The Gates of Hell, where the underworld meets our reality. A very real place both spiritually and physically. Yeshua is Lord of the old ha-satan kingdom of the dead. He was serving notice to the underworld denizens that the game is up. He declared that upon this rock (the rock of disobedience) He will establish His Eternal Kingdom. Eden revisited.

This was the beginning that He invited us to participate with Him in establishing. We might well have personal peace, however we do have to 'take the Kingdom by storm'. It is s DONE DEAL - but not yet.  

The Lord has seen the END accompli. He is now working it our in reality for us, His adopted family. He does not differentiate between natural and supernatural as He opens our hearts and minds and reality to His Kingdom. As on earth - so also in heaven. That is why the apostles repeatedly tell us that we battle not against flesh and blood (only) but against principalities and powers and spiritual wickedness in high places.

Since the supernatural has been stripped from our churchy stuff, we have to again get with the program and realize it is not JUST about us, but our Commander-In-Chief has tasked us with the tools to join His battle. This is the way God does things. He loves to involve His created loved ones (spiritual and natural) in His affairs. Yeshua/Jesus put EVERYTHING under His feet. We are the righteousness of God in Christ. So everything SHOULD be also under our feet as well. We should act like this is a real and understood fact because the fallen (archons) know this to be the case. Behold, the Kingdom is nigh.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom All,

I just wanted to stand up for @Betha for a moment.  I'm not saying I align with her views entirely or everything she says but I do still respect her opinion as valid.

It's all very well to talk about the finished work of the Messiah and rest we have in Him, but there are many weak brothers and sisters out there and in this forum.  Weak brethren who will read such things as a license to not bother removing the dross in their life and take up discipleship.   In this regard, I think we need people like Betha reminding us to not slip back under the flesh or pagan practices under an illusion of rest and freedom.

I'm not threatening anyone's salvation and I'm not say works equals salvation.  I'm not saying you need to say 'Yeshua' and I'm not saying sabbath observance is mandatory for salvation.

What I am saying is that we are one Body of many parts.  One man/woman cannot hold the complete revelation of Yahweh's word and the Messiah's teachings - we need to come together and share our revelations and learn from each other, to see the bigger picture. 

So yes, @George can be right and yes, Betha can be right.   Both have valid points that are good and edifying for us all.   It's good to enjoy His rest and praise Him for it AND it's good to err on the side of caution, assessing our walk soberly, humbly and with fear.

Why are we always trying to divide opinions instead of seeking ways to unify them?   We subconsciously assume that we have understood what we need to know to be complete with our  walk, and then defend it vehemently.   

But however knowledgeable we think we are, the disciples were more knowledgeable of the Lord and the Scribes were more knowledgeable of the Scriptures.  To them, the Messiah said to become like little children - that is, humble, inquisitive, innocent and teachable.  So how is it we do not do this today and all bold in our stance and knowledge?   We might say we are like children but, as soon as someone shares the revelations they've had, we shut them down as deceived, confused, heretical or basically "not understanding the Scriptures correctly".  

I'm not accusing in here of anyone doing the above, but it is a common trend.  I'm sure if the Messiah came down secretly today many Christians would argue with His teachings like the religious leaders in the first century did.  Are we limiting wisdom by the name it's delivered to us by?

We all have so much to learn that we simply cannot do alone.  We have to consider our families viewpoints like a willing, interested and humble child.  I speak to my shame as I have been guilty of not doing this in the past, but where is the glory in standing defiantly on a viewpoint? It only implies that we are complete in understanding.

In summary, two views that appear to be polar opposites - may actually offer the balance they each need. 

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

2 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Although a spirit of unity is good, using it to ignore or condone clearly wrong teaching is wrong, and against the teachings of the scriptures.

Sometimes thing are just plain wrong, and it is our duty and responsibility to uncover them.

Dont you think that this line of thinking will only lead to further division, labelling and independence? Yes, sometimes things are just plain wrong. But most times its not as simple as that.  Have you never been wrong about something important before?  

We must give credit and the benefit of the doubt to every brother and sister if we're to begin unity or at least love and respect each other...

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. - Philippians 2:3-4

But assuming that you are wise enough to serve your "duty and responsibility" properly and that your brother and sister cannot, is a problem and hypocritical. 

I don't know. I'm just saying I dont think we should criticise, reprove and doubt as quickly as we do for the sake of "safety". What of the cost in doing so?  Besides deception rarely attacks head on but with sweet, soothing words. 

I'll leave you all to carry on now. Just throwing in my opinion and I know it won't be heard by all. 

Love & Shalom 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

@Tzephanyahu  Yes I do think false teaching should be exposed immediately, ...it's our duty as the blood bought children of God!  

You say we must consider the opinions of others, ...the Word teaches opinions are heresy, ...this false teaching that the Church MUST worship on Saturday and those that don't have taken the Mark of the Beast is NOT teaching from the Holy Spirit, ...just because 170 years ago Miller was proved wrong about his predicting the day of the Rapture and then after this enormous embarrassing heresy, mademoiselle White came up with the brilliant idea, an even greater heresy, ...that the TRUE church MUST worship on Saturday is NOT the TRUTH! 

Jesus Christ is not the Truth, ...He IS TRUTH, ...the WORD became flesh, and He told the Holy Spirit to write for us the TRUTH through the quill of an anonymous writer in the book of Hebrews chapter four that He is the Sabbath Rest for ALL mankind, ...the Sabbath rest in the Old Covenant was a day, ...the Sabbath rest in the New Covenant is the God-Man, Jesus Christ, ...the Old Covenant has been accomplished, finished, paid in full, ...on the Cross, ...we are now living in the New Covenant, ...THAT is the TRUTH, revealed to us by the Holy Spirit, ...and any false teaching that denies that must be exposed for what it is, ...heresy.

I apologize if that seems strong to you or anyone else, ...the fact of the matter is we who have received the Lord Jesus Christ in our hearts as our Savior, bought and paid for by/with His Precious Blood, must live by faith, ...the just live by faith, ...the Holy Spirit tells us we are to be "perfecting" the saints and the word perfecting  is a medical term that is used to explain setting a broken bone, does anyone want a broken bone in their body to not be set correctly? Of course not, ...used in the context of Eph 4:12 we are to be mending the saints of any false teaching they have been exposed to, ...we are to be setting the broken bone precisely, so that it will mend correctly, ...to edify, to build up the saint, ...for what purpose, ...the unity of the faith Eph 4:13, ..there's only one faith, ...and the knowledge of the Son of God, ...there's only one knowledge of the Son of God, to what end, ...that we might become perfect (complete)and mature in our understanding of the completed work of Christ for us. 

This knowledge is precise and correct knowledge about Divine TRUTH that has been revealed to us only by the Holy Spirit:

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the Spirit of Wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him:  Eph 1:17

Lord bless

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:57 AM, Tigger56 said:

Sorry, but seems like you are using Barnabas as scripture. In the review of it, it definitely is not in unity with scripture. I never see in scripture where the apostles ever "kept" the first day of the week as their worship day.

I have no idea what the conversation is amongst you all .    But I just wanted to say ,  THANK YOU .   The barnabas stuff is not scripture  and I have read many of the so called

early church fathers ,     NOPE ,    don't follow them . 

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • This is Worthy 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Bumped for reference to the post by Steward George on page 11

... back to the question at hand ... why Yeshua and not Jesus?  I've personally visited and been to "Messianic" congregations where "Yeshua was welcomed" and "Jesus was despised", and I believe this is heretical to its core. 

Jesus is simply the latin transliteration of the Greek Iesous ... it was simply the way you spelled it.   God is bigger than how you pronounce his name ... he is literally looking at the hearts and intents of men.  I was saved in the name of "Jesus" and it wasn't for a few years that I even heard the name "Yeshua".  I was radically transformed and changed in the name of "Jesus" ... it wasn't the name that transformed ... it was Jesus that literally transforms people!  :)

That's the ultimate proof ... are you a sinner transformed and redeemed?   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

Nobody in this nation knows Yeshua, they only know Jesus for centuries, , does that make them pray to Stones ?