Sign in to follow this  
Yeshua153

Why Yeshua & not Jesus!

1 hour ago, George said:

... back to the question at hand ... why Yeshua and not Jesus?  I've personally visited and been to "Messianic" congregations where "Yeshua was welcomed" and "Jesus was despised", and I believe this is heretical to its core. 

Jesus is simply the latin transliteration of the Greek Iesous ... it was simply the way you spelled it.   God is bigger than how you pronounce his name ... he is literally looking at the hearts and intents of men.  I was saved in the name of "Jesus" and it wasn't for a few years that I even heard the name "Yeshua".  I was radically transformed and changed in the name of "Jesus" ... it wasn't the name that transformed ... it was Jesus that literally transforms people!  :)

That's the ultimate proof ... are you a sinner transformed and redeemed?   

AMEN

The Name

Yeshua' (Hebrew) —> Ιησους (Greek) —> Iesus (Latin) —> Jesus (English)-Yasu (Arabic)

it wasn't the name that transformed ... it was Jesus that literally transforms people!  :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

It is of course true that the Person of Jesus transforms us and not merely the name....but seems that not even HIS NAME can now be safely used as genuine since MANY FALSE christs have arisen and are deceiving many. Mat 24v4,5. So if there are a number of fakes all using JESUS as their name we have to look for other IDENTIFICATION to separate the REAL JESUS !!! Scripture will help us !!! 

3 minutes ago, Betha said:

but seems that not even HIS NAME can now be safely used as genuine since MANY FALSE christs have arisen and are deceiving many.

But the same can be used for those who use the name "Yahshua" ... as I've run into the "sacred namer" types of people who believe if you are saved by any other name than "Yahshua" (which incidentally is not even a hebrew word) ... then you are lost and in need of salvation.

This is also a major error ... as errors are prevalent in the last days ... it's false doctrines that deceive ... and they can be spread in any name!  ;)  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, George said:

But the same can be used for those who use the name "Yahshua" ... as I've run into the "sacred namer" types of people who believe if you are saved by any other name than "Yahshua" (which incidentally is not even a hebrew word) ... then you are lost and in need of salvation.

This is also a major error ... as errors are prevalent in the last days ... it's false doctrines that deceive ... and they can be spread in any name!  ;)  

That is true George ! we are very prone to error and satan will pursue us to the end in order to deceive and destroy. That is why we must look for OTHER ID than just a name. A distinctive and descriptive  TITLE perhaps  that tells us WHO the REAL Jesus IS, WAS and always WILL BE !

How many fakes call themselves 'Lord of Sabbath and keep it Holy ?  just a suggestion, George, thank you for allowing me an opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Betha said:

just a suggestion, George, thank you for allowing me an opinion.

I love conversations ... and I believe if we're truly seeking the Lord ... He is always working out our "theology".  Praise God that He doesn't save based on theology, but based on His Son!  :)

Just remember that Shabbat was not made for God -- it was made for MAN.  And the true essence of Shabbat is found in Hebrews 4 ... resting from our works, and resting in HIM!

Heb 4:1  Therefore, a promise being left to enter into His rest, let us fear lest any of you should seem to come short of it. 

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, George said:

I love conversations ... and I believe if we're truly seeking the Lord ... He is always working out our "theology".  Praise God that He doesn't save based on theology, but based on His Son!  :)

Just remember that Shabbat was not made for God -- it was made for MAN.  And the true essence of Shabbat is found in Hebrews 4 ... resting from our works, and resting in HIM!

Heb 4:1  Therefore, a promise being left to enter into His rest, let us fear lest any of you should seem to come short of it. 

God bless,

George

This could turn into a very long conversation....seeing we are at opposite ends of the issue. I am still at the foundational base while you view it from the other end of having already accomplished.

I do not yet see GOD's WILL being done on earth or people having learned obedience Heb 5v8,9....so to me there is still work to be done in the Lord to reach that complete rest. 

You are a very busy man so I will not expect a long conversation. Thank you and God bless !

I prefer the Aramaic "Yeshua" because I feel this it allows me the leeway to mentally include the Sabbath and Joshua etc. I am fairly comfortable that Yeshua communicated with His disciples in this sister tongue to Hebrew, which is a more classical and Priestly language in His day. 

Just my way of inner reasoning and some of my understanding of Yeshau's Life. I do not expect any one else to see it exactly the way I do, and that is in line with the Father's concept of His Family - no two alike; but all in that same Heavenly and Earthly Family. We are all Sons and Daughters of the King of Kings.
As in Heaven, so on earth.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've heard the name of Jesus since I was a child so it feels awkward and artificial for me to say His name in a language that is foreign to me....though I do it sometimes for the sake of others.  It tells us something of His lovely humble nature that He had such a common name....and it makes Him very approachable.  He didn't give Himself any status or titles or offices, much less a special name that stood out.  Where we see His "Name" in scripture is speaking of Who He is and His Authority, it's just not about His earthly name being special, it's about HIM being special.

But I can't help noticing in general that people always want to add something to what God requires of us....as though it will make them more righteous.  Self-righteousness does not please God.  And anything of self and flesh will always lead to problems....just look at the fruit of it, the gross error that it leads to that others have pointed out.  I find there are things that are just silly to argue about.  Not saying in this case, but sometimes the only reason for bringing things like this up is for the sake of appearing righteous outwardly, when meanwhile I think we all have far more important work to do on the inside of our cup.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Betha said:

I do not yet see GOD's WILL being done on earth or people having learned obedience Heb 5v8,9....so to me there is still work to be done in the Lord to reach that complete rest. 

Then you're falling short of His rest.  What is His Rest?  Perhaps, we should start there.  :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Sign in to follow this