• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Yeshua/Jesus gave Moses the TEN, TWICE. It is not a 'work' as you would wish to impose on us, it is purely an honor to do what the Lord Commanded. Go read the TEN and see. Yeshua is the "perfection" for me and like Him, I observe that Sabbath knowing it was given for man. Has absolutely nothing to do with ordinances and your supposed "law" of "works". It is just obeying His Command to keep the Sabbath Holy. Set Apart unto God. Plain and simple. If you want to add to that all your reasons for NOT keeping it, that is up to you. It is NEVER a salvation issue that you now wish to drag into the conversation. "Those that Love me keep my commandments" is what He said. Go figure.

I explained my opinion on this about a week ago.....I think it was that TZE guy ( I cant spell it, lol) who said He obeys the Commandments PLUS observes all the Jewish Holidays and Festivals and does it ONLY because he enjoys it. I think that is as neat as can be! If you or anybody else chooses to try to observe the Sabbath out of a sense of honor and are certain it is not done as a “ Salvation Issue”—- have at it! I think you understand as well as I do , that there are many here that are trying to “ earn” their Salvation and Sabbath- Keeping is high on their list.That’s where I have a problem.I “ Sabbath” every day by resting in the finished work of the Cross. I strongly believe that is the True Meaning Of observing the Sabbath.The OT Sabbath was a gift from God to His People—- take this gift and have a ball! Just don’t let on that we HAVE to. You and a few others here have made yourselves clear that it is not a requirement in order to be saved.Enjoy you rest. God bless.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I am reading this thread as a salvation issue. If we love Jesus and obey Him, we are saved. In order to love Jesus we need to keep the 10 commandments. Therefore not keeping the 10 commandments means we dont love Him and obey Him, so we are not saved.

Perhaps more clarification and explanation of why love and obedience together, not just one of them, is a salvation essential  would be helpful please?

I have bolded certain words to help explain what precisely is confusing me here. No rudeness or insult is intended. I am no sure of the etiquette of bolding.

If you choose to go back under the Law for your justification before God, just remember “ those who put themselves under law are under the CURSE of the Law. That means if you are trying to keep the Law to be saved, you must keep it all 24/7...... best of luck with that. There is a better way,if you are open to it - one that you can actually DO! What must you DO? Believe and rest in the Gospel 1cor15:1-4. That will get the Holy Spirit in you and you can trust Him to get you Home.God will finish the “ work He started” and “ save to the uttermost” all that come to Him through Jesus.Quit “ trying” and start “ trusting” If you want to be saved.God bless you in your  understanding of these things.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Betha said:

.and keeping the Sabbath-day Holy has never been rescinded by God, only people.....so - let us obediently return to the Lord and be saved !

So, based upon what I have understood in your post, I need to return to keeping the Sabbath holy as it was explained in the word?
This would mean, to YOU, my returning back to the Lord, and would then be saved, or re saved?
Could you explain how this affects my/everybody's  salvation.
Thanks Betha....

You say " Believe and rest in the Gospel" 1 Corinthians 15:1-4  (I do)

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

I understood this, and believed this, forty plus years ago.
Was that not enough?

I've said before, I believe the Sabbath is holy, and Sunday, along with all the other days.
Every day is the day the Lord has made.
To be worshiping God!

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Remember, SUN-day was instituted by the Pope. By all mean follow the "vicar of Christ" who said that ALL authority had now passed to him and he could change scripture as he willed. Which he did. He readily accepted worship and claimed infallibility... Hmm.

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

I am reading this thread as a salvation issue. If we love Jesus and obey Him, we are saved. In order to love Jesus we need to keep the 10 commandments. Therefore not keeping the 10 commandments means we dont love Him and obey Him, so we are not saved.

Perhaps more clarification and explanation of why love and obedience together, not just one of them, is a salvation essential  would be helpful please?

I have bolded certain words to help explain what precisely is confusing me here. No rudeness or insult is intended. I am no sure of the etiquette of bolding.

Some very good questions. We have to take the scriptures as read. If the Lord says we should or ought to do something, then we should choose  whether to do it or not. Many people become Christians without knowing a thing God said. This is where His Grace comes in. When we are confronted with something, we then have to choose. Sadly the church and its many and varied doctrines have kept us from much truth because they like it THEIR WAY and not the way of the Cross. It is up to the individual to decide because as IMAGERS of the Most High God, we should follow the perfect image He gave us, the Lord Jesus/Yeshua.

So because believers are at various stages, we cannot say that keeping the Ten Commandments will EARN their way to salvation, but we can say that doing as God directs will lead to their Sanctification. There are many confusing arguments about salvation vs sanctification. It is better not to get embroiled in them since it may lead to confusion.

So, eventually we chose like Joshua did. "Choose this day whom you will serve; as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

11 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

hmm..............doesnt answer the question though : (

The question is answered to the best of my ability. Do not listen to those that muddy this issue with their poorly though out reasons for not keeping the Sabbath. Look at it logically.

1) We need to be saved. In order to do so we must believe on the Lord Yeshua/Jesus. That is that.

2) Afterwards we ought to turn from sin in varying ways and by varying degrees. But this bears not on our Salvation since it is a free gift of Love.

3) Now along comes a thought. Wow, to show my Love for Him that first Loved me, I ought to obey His commandments. It is out of OUR love for Him that we obey, not so He will love us more or to make us more acceptable. It is purely a love thing and never a demand from Him.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Praise God! 1

5 hours ago, maryjayne said:

When and how do we know we are no longer covered by just belief?

You might say that Belief is Faith in action. There is NOTHING we can do to earn or keep Salvation. Period.

When you are saved you are no longer your 'own person' because you belong to The Lord. No human can change that. You cannot even change that because it requires and ACT OF GOD to save you and an ACT OF GOD to un-save you. He is NOT going to do that since He promised to keep us. Furthermore, the one thing that scripture says pleases God is faith. So keep your faith strong in your belief of His Saving Grace.

Saul in Hebrews tells of the persecuted Israelis that were being enticed back into the old Judaistic methods of sacrifice in the temple. He says if you turn your back on God and do this, there is no further sacrifice that can be made for you since you have crucified the Lord anew and brought shame on His Sacrifice.

This idea is bandied around in religious circles and used to hammer believers. Quite inappropriate.

Belief is not something to disdain or want to lessen in any way. Your belief pleases the Lord and because He now owns you, you can rest assured in His Grace and leading and succor. He will lead you as far as He knows you can go, so jut TRUST and believe - two very similar things.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

Shalom all

Just my two cents... 

His true name was highly likely to be Yahushua, and not Jesus (obviously) or Yeshua, which is the Aramaic form or the Hebrew Yahushua. 

For authority on this matter from Scripture alone, one should look at the prophetic actions of the prophet Zechariah.  In Zech 6:11-15, the prophet crowns the High Priest Yahushua like a king, and associates his name with "the Branch", a Messianic title. 

Yahushua was also the one who came after Moses literally (Joshua), but also symbolically, as a signpost for the next great leader Israel were waiting for. 

That said, over the many years of refusing to say Jesus Christ, I felt the Father took me through some serious lessons to shake that out of me. I came to see that context is what really matters. 

For example, if I type into an internet search Jesus Christ, who will I learn about straight away? How about typing Yeshua HaMashiach? Or how about Yahushua HaMashiach?  Either will bring me to the truth of His life and message. 

In the same way, if I'm speaking to a Christian I say "Jesus", if a Jew "Yeshua" or, if it's my preference, "Yahushua". The person knows who I am referring too, and that's the important part.  If there was ambiguity that would of course be a problem. But even the most atheist person will know who you mean when you say Jesus Christ. 

What then? Are we to expect the internet, believers and non-believers correctly understand the context but not God? Should we be expecting God to be eager to catch us out, saying "Aha! You said Jesus! I assign you to deception and darkness!  You should have said the right word!" I don't think so. 

Therefore, go easy on each other with the name. Be cool. 

If some haven't had the draw to use His real name, so be it, as long as they walk according to His ways. If some have had the conviction to use His real name, let them, they're only doing what they feel is right, as long as they walk according to His ways. 

BUT, if we fall out with each other (or even speak harshly) over pronunciations and names, you are walking contrary to His ways.  Such a person could be in danger of the Judge saying "So you judged others over terminology and names did you? Fine, now let's examine how well YOU did with this".  Oye.  Let's hope we all avoid be judged by our own short-sighted standards. 

Love & Shalom to you all, in the name of our Lord Yahushua, aka Yeshua HaMashiach and known worldwide as Jesus Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 hours ago, Betha said:

I think we can assume that most Gentiles who become Christians are told that Jesus resurrected on Sun day ? This comes from the RCC who introduced Sun day as the new worship day ! Since this is a blatant lie how can those who believe it 'be saved ??? 

To believe the Gospel 1 Cor 15 v1-4.means to believe the TRUTH ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE....NOT a concoction from the Pope !

So now if you are prepared to be corrected by the Word of God will you TURN to the TRUTH and BE SAVED ?

"I think we can assume that most Gentiles who become Christians are told that Jesus resurrected on Sun day" ?
Yes, I believe that is true, but do not know what 'most' is. Is that important today?

"This comes from the RCC who introduced Sun day as the new worship day! "
Since this is a blatant lie how can those who believe it 'be saved ??? 

Surely thou jest! They simply believe upon the Gospel of our Lord, Jesus.
The same way you did, Betha. Right?

"To believe the Gospel 1 Cor 15 v1-4.means to believe the TRUTH ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE....NOT a concoction from the Pope!"
What has the pope to do with this discussion? As I posted earlier, I left the RCC and got saved. I have
much disregard for the pope and any other cardinals, bishops, priests, who preach false doctrine.
Again, what does this have to do with this discussion?

"So now if you are prepared to be corrected by the Word of God will you TURN to the TRUTH and BE SAVED?"
What amazes me is I think you actually believe what your posting, and you are also evading every question
that I have ask you about your beliefs, and must not have read what I posted.
Catholics can hear the truth, believe by faith, and cry out to God for His salvation mercy. As can atheist,
Buddhists, Mormons, Baptists, and even Adventists.........
default_cool2.gif.97702614768b70e5ab02013b010053a5.gif
It doesn't matter where they came from.
It only matters where they're going.
I'm saved Betha, no matter what you post here, and you need to get that straight.
If you want to convince me of your sabbath belief, then answer a question I have now and then.
And stop preaching, assuming and accusing. This is a discussion. Sister...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,933
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

On 8/21/2019 at 2:15 PM, Worship Warriors said:

I also prefer the name Jeshua.

Even though the name Jeshua was very common name in bible times but only ONE was called Jeshua the Messiah ( Anointed One)

There were thousands people with the name Yeshua in His time so how could we be sure that our prayer reach Him ?

There are hundred millions people who call God as Lord Jesus could they be ignored ?