Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yeshua153

Why Yeshua & not Jesus!

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Sower said:

After thirty years growing up in RCC, a faithful brother  planted a seed and I got saved and left that church,
and all it's rules and archaic traditions. I do not want to enter another.
You say I should observe the sabbath, right Justin? How should I do that? (really)I have heard that it is
impossible today, without all doing the rest of the observances.
Honestly, if our church started having services on Saturday, I reckon I would still go.
But it would change nothing. Just my schedule. I would not bring turtle doves to the service, nor any of the other hundreds of rules.
You and others like minded only confuse the minds and hearts of myself, and others who just want to serve the Lord.
Leaving the RCC, and finding (being found) by Jesus *** oops *** did I just call my Lord and Savior a wrong/bad name???
As a believer in the Savior of the world (His name withheld due to confusion) today I find out I should not worship on a certain day, (the mark of the beast day), and I cannot call my Savior Jesus. ANYMORE.  I just cannot please everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
However. I'm doing my utmost to please God. Jesus Christ!!and HIM crucified!
AS I HAVE DETERMINED THE TRUTH!    I'm responsible for my actions and will be held accountable.
And all I have taught my daughters, and son, and others.
When I cry out to the one I call 'Jesus', I know God the Father's only begotten son heard me!
When I go to a body of believers to fellowship, pray and study, sing and worship, I believe God is pleased.
No matter the day of the week. MY belief, my responsibility.
If I'm wrong, so be it.! If I'm right, who cares.
(Will I lose my salvation?)

Friend you are still clinging to OT observances , expecting NT Sabbath-keepers to do.....NOT SO ! there is no confusion except in people's mind who have not studied the Word of God sufficiently to DISCERN difference.  We don't have to please everybody...ONLY GOD ! Problems arise when we look to other people's Doings instead of GOD's requirements....and keeping the Sabbath-day Holy has never been rescinded by God, only people.....so - let us obediently return to the Lord and be saved !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Seeking God’s “ requirements”for Salvation will not work . If you choose to go the performance route for your justification before God, you will come up short.The Standard for Keeping the requirements is Perfection—- and you nor anyone else can keep it. Thankfully, God has provided another way, if you are interested.Simply believe the Gospel Of 1cor15:1 and rest in it.Thats the only requirement you must observe to be saved.You need to change your mind-set.Repent from trying and move on to trusting.

 

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

 

Seeking God’s “ requirements”for Salvation will not work . If you choose to go the performance route for your justification before God, you will come up short.The Standard for Keeping the requirements is Perfection—- and you nor anyone else can keep it. Thankfully, God has provided another way, if you are interested.Simply believe the Gospel Of 1cor15:1 and rest in it.Thats the only requirement you must observe to be saved.You need to change your mind-set.Repent from trying and move on to trusting.

 

Yeshua/Jesus gave Moses the TEN, TWICE. It is not a 'work' as you would wish to impose on us, it is purely an honor to do what the Lord Commanded. Go read the TEN and see. Yeshua is the "perfection" for me and like Him, I observe that Sabbath knowing it was given for man. Has absolutely nothing to do with ordinances and your supposed "law" of "works". It is just obeying His Command to keep the Sabbath Holy. Set Apart unto God. Plain and simple. If you want to add to that all your reasons for NOT keeping it, that is up to you. It is NEVER a salvation issue that you now wish to drag into the conversation. "Those that Love me keep my commandments" is what He said. Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

It is NEVER a salvation issue that you now wish to drag into the conversation. "Those that Love me keep my commandments" is what He said. Go figure.

I am reading this thread as a salvation issue. If we love Jesus and obey Him, we are saved. In order to love Jesus we need to keep the 10 commandments. Therefore not keeping the 10 commandments means we dont love Him and obey Him, so we are not saved.

Perhaps more clarification and explanation of why love and obedience together, not just one of them, is a salvation essential  would be helpful please?

I have bolded certain words to help explain what precisely is confusing me here. No rudeness or insult is intended. I am no sure of the etiquette of bolding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 7:50 AM, Yeshua153 said:

                                For over a year I have referred to saying Yeshua, rather than Jesus for a few reasons; firstly in 2Cor 11v4, it states there being another Jesus, gospel & spirit. Secondly, there are so many hispanic, S.American  & Spanish people called Jesus. Thirdly, unfortunately Jesus Christ has been a swear word for many. Fourthly, no one would have called Him Jesus 2000yrs ago, there being no J's in hebrew or greek, they would say Yeshua from the hebrew/aramaic, or Iesous, from the greek. 

                               So for me, Yeshua makes Him stand out from the rest, & the other Jesus. I know I don't apply the no j's theme for other names & places, but feel  it's important to address Him in this way, as being our unique Lord.

In my culture if I said Yeshua it would not be recognised as meaning Jesus. So I use Jesus.

In my personal prayers i usually use Lord:

Romans 10:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Yeshua/Jesus gave Moses the TEN, TWICE. It is not a 'work' as you would wish to impose on us, it is purely an honor to do what the Lord Commanded. Go read the TEN and see. Yeshua is the "perfection" for me and like Him, I observe that Sabbath knowing it was given for man. Has absolutely nothing to do with ordinances and your supposed "law" of "works". It is just obeying His Command to keep the Sabbath Holy. Set Apart unto God. Plain and simple. If you want to add to that all your reasons for NOT keeping it, that is up to you. It is NEVER a salvation issue that you now wish to drag into the conversation. "Those that Love me keep my commandments" is what He said. Go figure.

 

I explained my opinion on this about a week ago.....I think it was that TZE guy ( I cant spell it, lol) who said He obeys the Commandments PLUS observes all the Jewish Holidays and Festivals and does it ONLY because he enjoys it. I think that is as neat as can be! If you or anybody else chooses to try to observe the Sabbath out of a sense of honor and are certain it is not done as a “ Salvation Issue”—- have at it! I think you understand as well as I do , that there are many here that are trying to “ earn” their Salvation and Sabbath- Keeping is high on their list.That’s where I have a problem.I “ Sabbath” every day by resting in the finished work of the Cross. I strongly believe that is the True Meaning Of observing the Sabbath.The OT Sabbath was a gift from God to His People—- take this gift and have a ball! Just don’t let on that we HAVE to. You and a few others here have made yourselves clear that it is not a requirement in order to be saved.Enjoy you rest. God bless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I am reading this thread as a salvation issue. If we love Jesus and obey Him, we are saved. In order to love Jesus we need to keep the 10 commandments. Therefore not keeping the 10 commandments means we dont love Him and obey Him, so we are not saved.

Perhaps more clarification and explanation of why love and obedience together, not just one of them, is a salvation essential  would be helpful please?

I have bolded certain words to help explain what precisely is confusing me here. No rudeness or insult is intended. I am no sure of the etiquette of bolding.

 

If you choose to go back under the Law for your justification before God, just remember “ those who put themselves under law are under the CURSE of the Law. That means if you are trying to keep the Law to be saved, you must keep it all 24/7...... best of luck with that. There is a better way,if you are open to it - one that you can actually DO! What must you DO? Believe and rest in the Gospel 1cor15:1-4. That will get the Holy Spirit in you and you can trust Him to get you Home.God will finish the “ work He started” and “ save to the uttermost” all that come to Him through Jesus.Quit “ trying” and start “ trusting” If you want to be saved.God bless you in your  understanding of these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Betha said:

.and keeping the Sabbath-day Holy has never been rescinded by God, only people.....so - let us obediently return to the Lord and be saved !

So, based upon what I have understood in your post, I need to return to keeping the Sabbath holy as it was explained in the word?
This would mean, to YOU, my returning back to the Lord, and would then be saved, or re saved?
Could you explain how this affects my/everybody's  salvation.
Thanks Betha....

You say " Believe and rest in the Gospel" 1 Corinthians 15:1-4  (I do)

 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

I understood this, and believed this, forty plus years ago.
Was that not enough?

I've said before, I believe the Sabbath is holy, and Sunday, along with all the other days.
Every day is the day the Lord has made.
To be worshiping God!


 

  • Brilliant! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember, SUN-day was instituted by the Pope. By all mean follow the "vicar of Christ" who said that ALL authority had now passed to him and he could change scripture as he willed. Which he did. He readily accepted worship and claimed infallibility... Hmm.

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

I am reading this thread as a salvation issue. If we love Jesus and obey Him, we are saved. In order to love Jesus we need to keep the 10 commandments. Therefore not keeping the 10 commandments means we dont love Him and obey Him, so we are not saved.

Perhaps more clarification and explanation of why love and obedience together, not just one of them, is a salvation essential  would be helpful please?

I have bolded certain words to help explain what precisely is confusing me here. No rudeness or insult is intended. I am no sure of the etiquette of bolding.

Some very good questions. We have to take the scriptures as read. If the Lord says we should or ought to do something, then we should choose  whether to do it or not. Many people become Christians without knowing a thing God said. This is where His Grace comes in. When we are confronted with something, we then have to choose. Sadly the church and its many and varied doctrines have kept us from much truth because they like it THEIR WAY and not the way of the Cross. It is up to the individual to decide because as IMAGERS of the Most High God, we should follow the perfect image He gave us, the Lord Jesus/Yeshua.

So because believers are at various stages, we cannot say that keeping the Ten Commandments will EARN their way to salvation, but we can say that doing as God directs will lead to their Sanctification. There are many confusing arguments about salvation vs sanctification. It is better not to get embroiled in them since it may lead to confusion.

So, eventually we chose like Joshua did. "Choose this day whom you will serve; as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...